X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Louich View Post
    I tought it was worst than that (not a big AZ fan anyways so..)
    Yeah it's actually pretty surprising, not many RB's that old can even run, much less score 9 TD's on a terrible team.

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I think it was just one year he dropped below 3 YPC, his final year in Arizona was actually pretty solid. 930 something yards, 3.8 YPC, and 9 TD's. Not awful but not too great.
    I tought it was worst than that (not a big AZ fan anyways so..)

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Louich View Post
    Wasn't that the average of ERmmit smith the last years of his carrer in ari ? lol
    I think it was just one year he dropped below 3 YPC, his final year in Arizona was actually pretty solid. 930 something yards, 3.8 YPC, and 9 TD's. Not awful but not too great.

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Well you also have to still be productive to play that long. Nobody is gonna pay somebody who's getting 2 YPC at age 37.
    Wasn't that the average of ERmmit smith the last years of his carrer in ari ? lol

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    That is a very good point there because any record can be broken if somebody plays forever, oh maybe somebody like Brett Favre, but not everbody wants to play until there like 78.
    Well you also have to still be productive to play that long. Nobody is gonna pay somebody who's getting 2 YPC at age 37.

Whatever happens, I think we can all agree that Jerry Rice's career yardage record will never be touched

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    If you read the records that are made now compared to say the 70's, most will have a astric, before this rule change, before 16 games. Another factor is the speed of the game has changed, Time managment is way more important than it used to be, guys don't lul back to the line in the middle of the game anymore just beating the 30 second clock, more snaps will give you more overall records. I doubt they will forget who made the game great, but fans do need to see players they remember breaking records, it sells the game.

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Emmitt Smith is nowhere close to the best RB ever. He has that record from, once again, consistency, and having the best O-line ever. If Barry Sanders had run behind that line, we would have seen numbers that would never be sniffed again.
    Imagine of Barry Sanders didn't retire so early compared to others! Emmitt would be second on the list for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    The main reasons why I dont wat an 18 game season is :

-the seaons would not last longer into febuary
    -all the record broken would mean less of an acheivement to a certain point.

-A perfect example of broken record meanning less is where the rushing yards would get. OJ simpson broke the 2000 yeard in 14 games where everyone else broke it in 16...less of an accomplishment , not really when you look at the number of player who acheid it but still with 2 more games how many will be able to break the mark?

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Fwiw I think the best RB to ever play the game was Marshall Faulk which a lot of people disagree with and understandably so.
    Marshall would be in my top 3 for sure, the best running/catching threat that ever played the game.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Agreed but how did you feel when a guy like Corey Dillon broke the single game rushing record (forget that it was against the Broncos )?

He was a very "good" player but I would never consider him great at all!
    I hated it because it was against us, but I do think he was a great powerback especially during those years. Over 11,000 yards in 10 seasons is great production for a powerback. But the record has since been broken by twice, once by Jamal Lewis with 295 and then Adrian Peterson with 296. Powerbacks on running teams can get inflated stats like that from time to time though.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don't think good players will break records, even if they have a year/game where the play out of their mind, there will always be a better player to break whatever record they set.
    Agreed but how did you feel when a guy like Corey Dillon broke the single game rushing record (forget that it was against the Broncos )?

He was a very "good" player but I would never consider him great at all!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I don't think good players will break records, even if they have a year/game where the play out of their mind, there will always be a better player to break whatever record they set.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    I guess what I want to know from you guys/girls, do you really care who breaks a record or would you rather see a future HOFer break a record?

I mean imagine Matt Cassell breaking the single season passing yards mark, would you be upset seeing him ahead of Marino? Or Matt Forte breaking the single game rushing TD mark? "Good" players but not guys who will be future HOFers or remembered in the depths of NFL history.

Its just going to be very different in the future with the possiblity of 18 games and the evolution of the passing offenses in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Emmitt Smith is nowhere close to the best RB ever. He has that record from, once again, consistency, and having the best O-line ever. If Barry Sanders had run behind that line, we would have seen numbers that would never be sniffed again.
    I didn't say he was the best ever, simply that he was elite. He had great feet, patience, and vision better than most RBs to ever play.

Fwiw I think the best RB to ever play the game was Marshall Faulk which a lot of people disagree with and understandably so.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 07-09-2011, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think it was Walter Payton that said when told that he broke Jim Browns record: No I didn't he did it faster, or something to the effect.

That has to be a factor when seeing a major record being broken. How many games did it take?
    That is a very good point there because any record can be broken if somebody plays forever, oh maybe somebody like Brett Favre, but not everbody wants to play until there like 78.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    With the NFL pushing for longer and longer seasons records will be broken all the time.

For instance, once the NFL gets their 18 game season, 2000 yard rushers will become more commonplace as well as 5000 yard passers.

So, records will be downgraded significantly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X