Pacman arrested again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman arrested again

Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested at a bar late Saturday night for disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest.

Four months after settling a case that punctuated a slew of off-the-field trouble for the 27-year-old NFL veteran, he was taken into custody on the misdemeanors after being repeatedly asked to leave a Cincinnati bar for rowdy behavior, WKRC-TV has reported, citing court documents.

Jones was jailed around 3 a.m. Sunday and released later in the morning.

Two police officers were forced to physically restrain Jones to apply handcuffs as he fought to pull away, the TV report says. Jones had been yelling profanities and waving his arms violently, according to WKRC-TV.

Jones, who wears a neck brace as a result of an injury suffered last season, denied the allegations in an interview with WCPO-TV after leaving jail.

"I just had surgery, so why would I be resisting arrest?" Jones said.

He said he hadn't been drinking and was out with his wife to celebrate her birthday.

"It's ridiculous, man," Jones told the TV station. "I keep on going through the same thing, and it don't make no sense."

He also apologized to his fans and said he loves Cincinnati.

"Only thing I can do is be me and do what I'm supposed to do, but I was not yelling at the police. I did not yell profanity at the police. And at the end of the day ... I'm the bad guy," he said.

A Bengals spokesman said the team had no comment when contacted by The Associated Press. The team is prohibited from having contact with Jones because of the NFL lockout.

Jones has been recovering from a herniated disk in his neck suffered in Week 7 last fall that required surgery, but he was expecting to play this season.

Jones played five games last year for the Bengals before the injury, notching 11 tackles and an interception.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has stated that players will still be subject to review and discipline under the personal-conduct policy for potential violations during the lockout.

In late February, Jones was sentenced in Las Vegas to probation and 200 hours of community service under a plea deal for his role in a 2007 strip club melee.

Jones received a suspended sentence and was also ordered to receive anger management counseling. The sentence required Jones to undergo random drug testing.

Jones was Tennessee's first-round pick in 2005. Six arrests and a dozen instances involving police intervention scuttled his career. He was suspended for the 2007 season with Tennessee. The Cowboys signed him, but he was suspended for six games in 2008 for an alcohol-related scuffle with a bodyguard provided by the team.

He sat out for a year before signing a two-year deal with Cincinnati in May 2010. Police there questioned him last fall after he drove his vehicle over a downtown curb to avoid an obstacle and then apologized to him, saying it was a mistake and he'd done nothing wrong.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Get this guy out of the NFL already.
    Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Sonds like BS to me

How does a guy with a neck brace resist arrest

Comment

normally i would give the guy the benefit of the doubt if it wasn't Adam Jones. this dude has gotten into so much trouble, i give the police the benefit of the doubt before that clown.

Comment

You cant help the helpless

Comment

The guy is a straight up knucklehead. You'd think after the 4th-5th arrest he'd be out of the league.

Comment

Guys like him don't deserve to play in the NFL. Playing in the league is a privilege, not a right. Not everyone gets to be an NFL player, so make the most of it.

I hope he never plays again. He's gotten too many chances.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              Sonds like BS to me

For not doing what he was told to do,especially to a peace officer.Yelling profanity and being incoherent.What a loser

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...sisting-arrest

Comment

As a cop I have seen ever type of person, in every state, resist, and do it hard. I have fought with a one legged, one armed guy who pulled the same garbage..how could I ?

They can, and do.

Pacman = garbage
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I totally want to be like Pacman when I grow up. He's my hero.

Comment

Shocking:paper:
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                          Sonds like BS to me

It was probably resisting arrest without violence. I don't think it was as big as the story made it to be but he probably just argued with the cops for a while and refused to put his hands behind his back. I've delt with my fair share of police harrassment but he has proven to be nothing but ignorent time and time again so I'm sure they just got tired of his mouth. And who at a bar at 2am isn't drunk? C'mon Man!
                          sigpic
                          Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                          You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                          You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                          Have It All - Blu3
                          Conceited - Blu3
                          Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                          All On You - Blu3

Comment

Working...
                          X