Redskins prepared to make run on big free agents after lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Typical Shanahan. Trying to 'build' a team throughout free agency rather than the draft.

Plug the holes Mike, plug the holes...
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    One of the reasons i'm glad Shanny is gone, always tried to fill the holes in free agency rather then the draft...

All the top teams build the team through the draft and make some tweaks in free agency. Glad we're doing that.
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he's still living in the 90's.
    Have you ever noticed how some of the great GMs, Coaches and so on, have a long run, but once they go downhill a bit, they seldom learn a new way of doing things. They were hot employing a certain style / strategy, but once the magic goes, they seem to only remember the banner days and how they managed then.

Comment

Of course.. They better get rid of Haynesworth first before getting free agents. Gives them more money to spend.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
        Washington also HAS TO by that logic then.

The only thing good they've hit on recently was Brian Orakpo.....
        Of course they do, but it starts and ends with drafting. If Shanny doesn't draft well, these free agent signings won't matter.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Have you ever noticed how some of the great GMs, Coaches and so on, have a long run, but once they go downhill a bit, they seldom learn a new way of doing things. They were hot employing a certain style / strategy, but once the magic goes, they seem to only remember the banner days and how they managed then.
          I do agree. It's hard for these guys with huge egos to learn from their mistakes and do things differently.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
            Bronco fans.

"Denver Broncos expected to pursue multiple free agents."

GREAT MOVE, GLAD TO SEE THIS REGIME WANTING TO GET BETTER.

"Washington Redskins expected to pursue multiple free agents."

RETARDS, THIS IS WHY SHANAHAN SUCKED.
            Well said. In my books, Shanahan is still a top-3 coach in the league. He'll turn that program around.

His two biggest issues right now are Haynesworth and McNabb. He didn't sign Haynesworth and is just trying to make the most of that situation. Mcnabb was a mistake, but a mistake many other coaches would have made. Who could have known that this highly-accomplished veteran wasn't scheme-versatile?

If Washington can get a quality NT and Beck turns out to be what Shanahan thinks he is (and NO coach in the NFL knows offense and QBs more than Shanahan), they'll be in good shape.

Another thing people overlook is that the ZBS running game takes a season or two to kick in. Remember Kubiak's first year in Houston when they struggled to run the ball? Look at them now.

I see Washington owning their division starting 2012, if not sooner.
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
            X