• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    Bronco fans.

"Denver Broncos expected to pursue multiple free agents."

GREAT MOVE, GLAD TO SEE THIS REGIME WANTING TO GET BETTER.

"Washington Redskins expected to pursue multiple free agents."

RETARDS, THIS IS WHY SHANAHAN SUCKED.
    Well said. In my books, Shanahan is still a top-3 coach in the league. He'll turn that program around.

His two biggest issues right now are Haynesworth and McNabb. He didn't sign Haynesworth and is just trying to make the most of that situation. Mcnabb was a mistake, but a mistake many other coaches would have made. Who could have known that this highly-accomplished veteran wasn't scheme-versatile?

If Washington can get a quality NT and Beck turns out to be what Shanahan thinks he is (and NO coach in the NFL knows offense and QBs more than Shanahan), they'll be in good shape.

Another thing people overlook is that the ZBS running game takes a season or two to kick in. Remember Kubiak's first year in Houston when they struggled to run the ball? Look at them now.

I see Washington owning their division starting 2012, if not sooner.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Have you ever noticed how some of the great GMs, Coaches and so on, have a long run, but once they go downhill a bit, they seldom learn a new way of doing things. They were hot employing a certain style / strategy, but once the magic goes, they seem to only remember the banner days and how they managed then.
    I do agree. It's hard for these guys with huge egos to learn from their mistakes and do things differently.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Washington also HAS TO by that logic then.

The only thing good they've hit on recently was Brian Orakpo.....
    Of course they do, but it starts and ends with drafting. If Shanny doesn't draft well, these free agent signings won't matter.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Of course.. They better get rid of Haynesworth first before getting free agents. Gives them more money to spend.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Typical Shanahan. Trying to 'build' a team throughout free agency rather than the draft.

Plug the holes Mike, plug the holes...
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    One of the reasons i'm glad Shanny is gone, always tried to fill the holes in free agency rather then the draft...

All the top teams build the team through the draft and make some tweaks in free agency. Glad we're doing that.
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he's still living in the 90's.
    Have you ever noticed how some of the great GMs, Coaches and so on, have a long run, but once they go downhill a bit, they seldom learn a new way of doing things. They were hot employing a certain style / strategy, but once the magic goes, they seem to only remember the banner days and how they managed then.

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    That's because we HAVE to because of the drafting mistakes of the last two regimes.

If this regime continues to draft well, then we won't have to be active in free agency in the future.
    Washington also HAS TO by that logic then.

The only thing good they've hit on recently was Brian Orakpo.....

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    what no Namdi Aso also in the article? He's about the only player missing (with 1 or 2 top fa rb )

I like some of the articles that get out of NFL.com but sometimes I feel they wrtie article to pass the time without having anything real to say...

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Bronco fans.

That's because we HAVE to because of the drafting mistakes of the last two regimes.

If this regime continues to draft well, then we won't have to be active in free agency in the future.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Bronco fans.

Lol but here's the difference ...look at who the targets seem to be...anddd our draft was 10x better than theirs

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Bronco fans.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Typical Shanahan. Trying to 'build' a team throughout free agency rather than the draft.

Plug the holes Mike, plug the holes...
    I sometimes wonder if he's still living in the 90's.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    One of the reasons i'm glad Shanny is gone, always tried to fill the holes in free agency rather then the draft...

All the top teams build the team through the draft and make some tweaks in free agency. Glad we're doing that.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    depending on the cap, a lot of teams are going to be looking to spend money. its going to be interesting to see the FA frenzy after the CBA is back in effect.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Just because they took one year off of free agency spending doesn't mean NOW is the time to start again, it only worked with the Jets is cause players lined up to play for Rex and a lot of them took pay cuts to contend because they wanted to be there. With Washington, someone tosses a 60+ million dollar deal, who would turn that down?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Look what happened to Albert Haynesworth. Look what happened to Donovan McNabb. John Beck is the quarterback. Bruce Allen is a terrible GM. Shanahan might lose his job soon. Good luck to whoever signs with the Redskins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X