No announcement yet.

detriot interested in Nnamdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not buying into the Detroit hype until December. They haven't done jack yet. Even with Nnamdi, they have to prove they're more than paper champs on the defensive side of the ball.

I still say the Eagles have the best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      I'm not buying into the Detroit hype until December. They haven't done jack yet. Even with Nnamdi, they have to prove they're more than paper champs on the defensive side of the ball.

I still say the Eagles have the best shot.
      true, they haven't proven much but with aso i believe they would be one of the best defenses.

i am a suh homer but i truly believe he is the man that will anchor that defense and help make them a good - great defense every year for years to come.

as far as contenders....in that division? i wouldn't go as far as to say that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        http://www.nfldraftcity.com/node/1261

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ons_among.html

so if detriot can sign Nnamdi, does that make them real contender this season. or do they need more of out side presence to take over for Van Den Bosh. they have avril which is due for a big year and Suh. but it will be interesting going foward
        The Detriot Loins?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

"powerhouse" and "contender"

being applied to the Lions who finished a whopping 1 game better then the last place team
          in the NFC North.

And while I love Stafford, he has showing NOTHING thus far to make me think he'll be good even when healthy. His numbers have been average at absolute best.

#smhatcluelesspeople

Comment

Clueless people? I'm guessing you've zero Lions games from last year, and no nothing about Stafford.

He has only played 13 games in his career, yet in the games he has played in he has looked promising.

Detroit ended the season on a 4 game win streak beating Green Bay, Tampa, Miami, and the Vikes.

Other than the Patriots and Dallas game, Detroit lost there games by less than 10 points, one being a very questionable game vs the Bears.

They would have beat the Bears if not for a blown call in the endzone and would have beating the Jets if Suh made that field goal, or for the most part had a back up kicker. Meaning Detroit would have be 8-8, that's a winning record, and they have become better.

The defensive line is outstanding, and with Fairley on it, it will be even better. The LB's are mediocre, in which the DL makes up for there mistakes, there only question mark on defense is the secondary, they did get some help and they plan on signing(no one knows where he will go) Nnamdi.

On the offense, Matt Stafford though you disagree KSL, has proven that he if healthy can be a good QB, not great, but good. Maybe great if there OL was better, in which is the only issue with the offense.

The OL is horrid, but yet some how this average at best QB Shaun Hill looked good with 2,600yrds, 16 TD's, and a 81.3% QB rating, all of which above the league average.

Not to add to the fact that this guy Calvin Johnson Jr. plays on the team oh and they drafted some good players like Mikel Leshoure, who will be a duel threat with Javid Best. Titus Young another good player was added to the offense.

85% of the people on ESPN and NFL network gave the Lions one of the top draft grades, and pick Detroit to be a contender this year.

80% of the people that posted about the Lions since the draft on these boards, think the Lions will be good this year.

So we are clueless because in your opinion the Lions will not be good?
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
              "powerhouse" and "contender"

being applied to the Lions who finished a whopping 1 game better then the last place team
              in the NFC North.

And while I love Stafford, he has showing NOTHING thus far to make me think he'll be good even when healthy. His numbers have been average at absolute best.

#smhatcluelesspeople
              Nothing. He looked like the guy when he played and was healthy last season. He just had the confidence and swagger and IMO will be very good next year. When he played. He was good.

Comment

That defense could be scary good.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

Matt played in 3 games last season, in the 2 seasons, 13 games he has been here in Detroit, he gave the Lions fans faith, and a swagger to the team.

I am saying everything I'm saying and I hate the Lions. As a fan of 2 teams that dislike the Lions, I hate the Lions. Everybody in my family is a Lions fan, and boy when they play Denver this year, am I gonna be lonely in the living room.

So I
                  m not being biased about what I think they can do this year, the key word being can do.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Matt Stafford hasn't shown anything....

He has 'swagger'? That should make me think he's going to be good? Brady Quinn had a lot of 'swagger' in cleveland. Far more then MS9 has.....and look what happened.

These are the facts about Stafford.

Cannon arm.
                    Has constantly been injured.
                    When healthy, rarely wins.
                    Mediocre numbers at best.

So no. He has shown nothing.

I have all the faith in the world in him. I think he can be successful. But right now? He has a lot to do, to prove he's worth the paycheck he's getting,

The Lions still have an atrocious secondary, a piss poor O-Line, average linebackers, and an inconsistent running game.

They finished 1 game ahead of Minnesota last year.

1 game ahead of the 4th place team....,

and now they're 'contenders'? Really?

No, they're not. They're an improving young team.

Well that isn't bad, it's not a 'contender'.

They're not better then the 10th best team in their own conference.

Nnamdi will go to a CONTENDER. A team that's built to win now.

The Raiders are probably as good as the Lions right now., if he wanted to hover around .500 he just stay in Oakland.

Comment

He has 'swagger'? That should make me think he's going to be good? Brady Quinn had a lot of 'swagger' in cleveland. Far more then MS9 has.....and look what happened.

Cannon arm.

I have all the faith in the world in him. I think he can be successful. But right now? He has a lot to do, to prove he's worth the paycheck he's getting,

The Lions still have an atrocious secondary, a piss poor O-Line, average linebackers, and an inconsistent running game.

The Raiders are probably as good as the Lions right now., if he wanted to hover around .500 he just stay in Oakland.
                      Beautifully said...

Comment

He has 'swagger'? That should make me think he's going to be good? Brady Quinn had a lot of 'swagger' in cleveland. Far more then MS9 has.....and look what happened
                        Hmmm. Okay

He never had the sort of confidence that Stafford had last season when he was healthy.

Cannon arm.
                        A 91 + QB Rating when healthy last year which is what we are talking about last year. He showed plenty of potential like which we are saying. So him not showing anything and nothing (your words) is a 91 QB Rating when healthy in his most recent season. To say nothing or anything is embarrassing. He showed potential.

No sheet. But that doesn't mean nothing has been showed. Potential is showing something.

I never said contender or they will be a great team. Never said it. Just commenting on Stafford.
                        Last edited by johnlimburg; 07-19-2011, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Detroit still has some pretty big holes, but they will be dangerous. Especially if they add Nnamdi.

I'd love for them to get Nnamdi, coupled with the great pass rush, that's 2 games a year that Cutler will get banged around

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            Detroit still has some pretty big holes, but they will be dangerous. Especially if they add Nnamdi.

I'd love for them to get Nnamdi, coupled with the great pass rush, that's 2 games a year that Cutler will get banged around
                            It probably wouldn't happen but the thought of Nhamdi being a bronco runs chills down my spine.Him and Champ would be the greatest CB tamdem for the next 3 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Hmmm. Okay

He never had the sort of confidence that Stafford had last season when he was healthy.

A 91 + QB Rating when healthy last year which is what we are talking about last year. He showed plenty of potential like which we are saying. So him not showing anything and nothing (your words) is a 91 QB Rating when healthy in his most recent season. To say nothing or anything is embarrassing. He showed potential.

No sheet. But that doesn't mean nothing has been showed. Potential is showing something.

I never said contender or they will be a great team. Never said it. Just commenting on Stafford.

I wasn't replying to you.....2 other people said Detroit were 'contenders'.....

Stafford played in what? 3 games last year? An had a 91 QBR? Yea I don't care. It's over 3 games. I wouldn't care if it wad above 100. It's over 3 games. It means.... As usual....absolutely nothing.

Comment

If Detroit gets Nnamdi that defense could be scary good.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X