detriot interested in Nnamdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    honestly, if i'm nnamdi and i'm honest about the whole contender thing, i'm taking a price cut to jump to NE
    Right, you never see many guys take hugh cuts to play for a contender, but this choice will show his intentions...take the bank and play for a POSSIBLE contender or sign low and be a guaranteed spot for the post season i.e. (NE, NYJ, IND, etc)

A lot of guys did it for the JEts last year to play for Rex and they came a game away from the SB for the 2nd year in a row...

Comment

Rumor mill has Atlanta making a big push for Aso.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        That would be an amazing move for Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Detroit is already a contender, this has also been said by Adam, Mort, Golic, and others.

If Matt Stafford stays health Detroit will be in the playoffs.
          As for Nnamdi, he said he wants to be a Packers, but seeing how Detroit does need a DB, and they do have money, it would not be a surprise.

Money controls where a player lands, and the ability to be a star.
          Actually the lions don't have much wiggle room under the cap.

The team with the most money to spend in the NFCN in free agency is the Bears, with both the Packers and Vikes over the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            That defense could be scary good.
            Really..........The lions back 7 sucks. With Asomugha they would suck a little less, though I doubt he would even consider them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
              Not enough money to get him, they are probably going to re-sign 2 of their 3 o-linemen, most likely Blalock or Clabo and Dahl will be re-signed. Clabo/Blalock are both going to command big contracts. They also might just re-sign all 3. Not to mention they gave a huge contract to Dunta Robinson last year and he got out played by Brent Grimes so they'll be relegating Robinson to a nickle CB and 8.5 million is way too much for a nickle CB. They still have to re-sign either Mike Peterson or Stephen Nicolas, Jason Snelling wants to come back, I think Eric Weems is also a free agent. And they desperately need a LT and will probably over pay for one.

Now I see Tampa as a team that has a great chance at Asomugha. First of all they're about 50 million under the cap so they can make him the highest paid CB ever and still be able to sign another big name free agent such as Charles Johnson. Tampa is a young team that is going to be a contender next if they aren't this year. New Orleans has a lot of good WRs, Atlanta added Julio Jones to go with Roddy White so they need someone for both of them. And if Talib can manage to get a not guilty/innocent verdict on his court case then they'll have the best CB tandem in football unless of course we can sign Johnathan Joseph to pair with Champ Bailey then I would give us the edge.

Comment

Now there is a big article on the 9ers making a move and dumping Nate. I dunno, Nnamdi is nice but he has the same "skills" as Champ yet Bailey has almost 50 INT's, Aso has 13 or so...not elite #'s if you ask me, he's still a top 5 CB tho, just not worth all this talk

Comment

Detroit is going to be dangerous pretty soon, lol. Looks to be a GREAT D.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                    Now there is a big article on the 9ers making a move and dumping Nate. I dunno, Nnamdi is nice but he has the same "skills" as Champ yet Bailey has almost 50 INT's, Aso has 13 or so...not elite #'s if you ask me, he's still a top 5 CB tho, just not worth all this talk
                    He's the number one free agent on the market and could make any team he goes to better. His interceptions are low because he's rarely targeted after the 2006 season. Given up 1 touchdown in the last 4 years. He's definitely worth all the talk.

Comment

Sitting down watching Stafford look like a boss and thought I would bump this. He had 41 TD's and over 5000 passing yards this year. Man that swagger and 91 QB rating was no fluke. Dude can play. Produced 97 over 16 games. So no fluke that 91 over 3.

Comment

Revisiting threads can be hilarious

One thing that remains true ...if you don't truly know about a subject ...don't speak on it

Comment

Working...
                        X