Peyton Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning

The Colts Offense is absolutely nothing without him.

I think that is what separates him from Tom Brady. When Brady went down they still went 11-5 and When Manning cant play the Colts cant even put a point on the board

He is really the one player that truly throws his team to victory. He takes no name receivers and guys from the practice squad works with them and still has a good game stat wise. He truly makes players around him better. I also dont think he has actually ever had a roster that was more talented than the patriots roster. He is the smartest player I have seen on the field and is literally a coach on the field. Also he is on pace to break some big records if his neck dont bother him for the next few years. I haven't seen all the QB's that have played the game and with that said he is the best QB I have ever seen. Just hope he knows when to quit. Hate to see him go out like favre.

Comment

Yea I think he will be one of the best ever. Whenever I watch him he is changing plays at the line of scrimmage and they are the right plays. I swear whenever he plays the Broncos it feels like he doesnt throw an incompletion

Comment

Oh and I think he will quit when or before his new contract ends

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post

I think that is what separates him from Tom Brady. When Brady went down they still went 11-5 and When Manning cant play the Colts cant even put a point on the board
          The patriots are a system that Brady fits into. Manning is the system in Indy
          sigpic

Comment

It's really time for them to start looking for Mannings replacement. I wonder why they haven't re-signed Jim Sorgi. From what I remember, he looked good in that offense.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              It's really time for them to start looking for Mannings replacement. I wonder why they haven't re-signed Jim Sorgi. From what I remember, he looked good in that offense.
              I would like to see Kellen moore end up there. He would be the perfect replacement for manning in my opinion also he would have the necessary time to bulk up.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                The patriots are a system that Brady fits into. Manning is the system in Indy
                I disagree the Patriots are a system that most any QB can fit into.

Comment

Brady vs Manning will be a debate for many moons. Both are first ballot hall of famers, personally I think manning is better than Brady but I'm also extremely biased as I live in NE and have to hear it so many times. However if Brady is a system QB that can win 3 superbowls I want that system.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I will never agree with this argument because you can't downgrade Tom Brady because of the Colts' ineptitude to add good depth at quarterback. It just does not make any sense.

The Patriots always keep searching for a good quarterback behind Tom Brady. Matt Cassel became a Pro Bowl quarterback. Ryan Mallett was one of the most talented quarterbacks in the 2011 draft.

Now look at the Colts. They don't have any talent at quarterback besides Peyton Manning. They kept a mediocre quarterback like Jim Sorgi for 6 years. That's a clear message. "We don't care about our backup quarterback."

When the Patriots could not get results from Kevin O'Connell, they quickly released him and kept searching for better depth. The Colts, on the other hand, want to keep Curtis Painter behind Peyton Manning. Oh, and Dan Orlovski. Are you kidding me? Why can't the Colts draft a good young quarterback?

Peyton Manning looks good in the regular season, but I think his performance goes down in the playoffs. Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls as a young quarterback leading an offense without starts like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Brady plays better when it matters the most. And he currently has the NFL record for consecutive passes without an interception. The Patriots take care of their depth at quarterback. The Colts don't. That's not Tom Brady's fault. I am sure Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter would look horrible in New England as well.

Can you specify the Patriots system? And the Colts system? And why one is easier than the other?
                    Last edited by -Rod-; 08-19-2011, 05:55 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats what I said
                      sigpic

Comment

eh....brady is more impressive to me

i haven`t really seen alot of impressive stuff out of peyton when my team plays him
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Thats what I said
                          Haha my bad I read it wrong

Comment

Tom Brady >>>>>>> Peyton Manning, without question...so interesting was the stat that Manning has thrown as many or more picks than Chad Henne and 2 other less than stellar qbs I forget exactly who ...the Colts are just worse than the Pats period that's why Manning means so much, doesn't make him better than Brady tho no way, Brady is arguably the greatest of all time and with only 1 ring and alot of choke jobs and untimely picks, no way I could call Manning that

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Mark Sanchez was one of the qbs Peyton has thrown as many picks as and it was over the last two years I forgot to specify that

Comment

Working...
                              X