• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    By luck.

The defense couldn't stop a paraplegic.

The Colts offense was having a field day against the defense.
    A few lucky turnovers and the Browns were able to squeek one.
    Hey Charlie, Browns won again.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    When is Peyton returning this season? If at all.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Hey Charlie, the Browns won, just like I thought they would.
    By luck.

The defense couldn't stop a paraplegic.

The Colts offense was having a field day against the defense.
    A few lucky turnovers and the Browns were able to squeek one.

Leave a comment:

• garzjoe
    replied
    Yeah...Manning is one of those carry the entire team QB's that could mask the teams deficiencies a la John Elway.

Thx,
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Hey Charlie, the Browns won, just like I thought they would.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Well with Indy's current QB situation, they won't score many points anyway. Browns win low scoring.
    It'd be nice if the Browns win. But, this isn't last year's team. This is this year where everything has taken multiple steps backwards. The offensive line is ragtag at best, the Bengals had a field day with McCoy. McCoy ended the game with less than 50% accuracy and also threw an interception. I think he fumbled once too ...

The Colts on the otherhand have a veteran QB who recently signed with the team. So, naturally he would struggle a bit going after an up and coming team like the Texans. The Browns are on the other end of the spectrum. The media likes to claim that the Browns are an up and coming team. Sadly, addition by subtraction is not "up and coming". That is a team taking steps back. The Colts were embarassed at home - shutout by a division rival. They are angry and they want to prove something.

They have a chip on their shoulder and are determined to come back. The Browns? Let me rephrase that, Shurmur's Browns? What do they have to prove? Nothing, they don't have a chip on their shoulder. They are what they are. A team whose QB missed more passes than he completed and a team whose offensive line allowed the Bengals defensive line to run amock in the backfield preventing a running game from being particularly effective.

The Colts defense, despite being shut out has more experienced pass rushers than the Bengals defensive line. They have Freeney, Mathis, and they have Brayton. Mathis and Freeney should get multiple sacks. There is no question of it. The Colts have something to prove and they will prove it.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
    Collins hardly had any time to prepare himself I expect him to pick it up

He isn't that bad at all

I didn't get a chance to see the game but 34 points? Dayum that defense needs some work
    Bill Polian Colts GM hasn't been drafting good lately which seems for last 5-6 years. Manning is that franchise!

Other than Mathis and Freeney they haven't drafted well on defense.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    Collins hardly had any time to prepare himself I expect him to pick it up

He isn't that bad at all

I didn't get a chance to see the game but 34 points? Dayum that defense needs some work

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by denvercrush81 View Post
    Andrew Luck to the colts!
    God I hope not than they would next franchise QB to replace Manning for next 12+ years.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    the problem was indy had no backup plan, and pretty much let their qb be the OC

when your short on backup plans , and you double that by hamstringing your offense to be so closely tied to one guy in terms of him being the OC/qb, then you're going to have issues when you try and rush a backup qb into that type of offense

they should have drafted a better quality of backup and they shouldn't have tied the O so much to a player/oc

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    I have eleven penalties in one quarter of play as well as the fact that the defense cannot stop anybody as my evidence.

Furthermore, Dwight Freeney (and company) will have a field day with the ragtag offense line that the Browns have - the Bengals certainly did.

Also, teams don't need to score that many points to beat the Browns.
    Well with Indy's current QB situation, they won't score many points anyway. Browns win low scoring.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Cleveland actually can beat Indianapolis. Their offense is nothing without Manning, so they shouldn't score many points.
    I have eleven penalties in one quarter of play as well as the fact that the defense cannot stop anybody as my evidence.

Furthermore, Dwight Freeney (and company) will have a field day with the ragtag offense line that the Browns have - the Bengals certainly did.

Also, teams don't need to score that many points to beat the Browns.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    What I find crazy is how people overreact to the Colts losing to Houston. The Colts suddenly are a terrible team because they lost to a team that is up and coming in their division while they (The Colts) are going through a major injury on the team.

That doesn't make the Colts the worst team in the league. Sure, it doesn't make their offense as powerful as it would have been with Manning. But, they will improve as time goes on. They played a tough team that EVERYONE knows is improving.

Perhaps everyone will come back to reality after this Sunday.
    Cleveland actually can beat Indianapolis. Their offense is nothing without Manning, so they shouldn't score many points.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Peyton Manning is only a part of why the Colts lost.
    He is a small part to why they got hammered.

Even with Manning, chances are Houston would have still scored 34 points.
    What I find crazy is how people overreact to the Colts losing to Houston. The Colts suddenly are a terrible team because they lost to a team that is up and coming in their division while they (The Colts) are going through a major injury on the team.

That doesn't make the Colts the worst team in the league. Sure, it doesn't make their offense as powerful as it would have been with Manning. But, they will improve as time goes on. They played a tough team that EVERYONE knows is improving.

Perhaps everyone will come back to reality after this Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Peyton Manning is only a part of why the Colts lost.
    He is a small part to why they got hammered.

Even with Manning, chances are Houston would have still scored 34 points.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X