Cam Newton is John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton is John Elway

And maybe even Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.

Did anyone else see Mike Wilbon say that on PTI?

Athletically, it's a fair comparison. We'll see how his career goes. He has all the measurables, that's for sure.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

$Cam Newton is Willie Beamen.

Wait until reality hits. The honeymoon will come to a crashing halt.
      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
      sigpic

Comment

Nope, John Elway is John Elway. Nice try though Wilbon, they don't even look alike!

Comment

Look at the list of QB's that has done what Cam has done in their first 2 games as a rookie.

On that list, only one actually did something in his career. Warren Moon.

Cam Newton is closer to being another Tim Couch, than Elway or Jordan or Wayne.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm biased because I didn't like Wilbon before. But is this not the least bit crazy? I'm asking a neutral thinker.

Comment

Originally posted by dbfan2007 View Post
              I'm biased because I didn't like Wilbon before. But is this not the least bit crazy? I'm asking a neutral thinker.
              What makes it crazy is he's comparing a guy who's played two games to a guy in the HOF with 5 SB appearances.

Athletically, it's not crazy. Newton is big, fast, and has a cannon for an arm. He might not have quite the arm Elway did, but he's close enough. Physically, he's bigger and stronger than Elway was and faster too.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                What makes it crazy is he's comparing a guy who's played two games to a guy in the HOF with 5 SB appearances.

Athletically, it's not crazy. Newton is big, fast, and has a cannon for an arm. He might not have quite the arm Elway did, but he's close enough. Physically, he's bigger and stronger than Elway was and faster too.
                but so are the defenses

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

It's really not crazy to compare the two. Both are very similiar.

Comment

The weird part is saying it so early. It's a cliche that you have to wait a while before judging a guy to the good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                      The weird part is saying it so early. It's a cliche that you have to wait a while before judging a guy to the good or bad.
                      ....as sensitive as some are about Tebow being compared to Elway I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into this...

sigpic

Comment

I know . . . at least Tebow is on Elway's team. They just mean "he'll be the next QB that is the face of the Broncos."

Wilbon is basically saying Cam is as good as Elway.

Who knows? The guy can sure play (which I thought was quite obvious last year).

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
                          It's really not crazy to compare the two. Both are very similiar.
                          Please explain.

Comment

That's just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              That's what I think about Wilbon's opinion on anything football. He should stick to only NBA. He is an idiot, to put it lightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X