No announcement yet.

That fumble in the Giants game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well how would you do a kneel down if you had to be touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      Quarterbacks have always been different in that regard. Not WRs. I remember Plaxico Burress doing something very similar. It also was called a fumble.

It was a fumble in that game. Cruz knew it, and so did everyone else by their reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I think that should be the only time where you don't need to be touched but I think if you don't go down right after the snap though you lose that right. So like what campbell did in the first game and try to run time off the clock before going down you would have to wait to be touched so I say unless you go down at the snap of the ball is the only time you shouldn't have to be touched.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          I think that should be the only time where you don't need to be touched but I think if you don't go down right after the snap though you lose that right. So like what campbell did in the first game and try to run time off the clock before going down you would have to wait to be touched so I say unless you go down at the snap of the ball is the only time you shouldn't have to be touched.
          I wll tell you another rule that is dumb to me and always has been. The spike to stop the clock. I think each team ought to be given two "special time outs" in the game where when you use them, it stops the clock but you also lose a down.

The spike thing is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
            I wll tell you another rule that is dumb to me and always has been. The spike to stop the clock. I think each team ought to be given two "special time outs" in the game where when you use them, it stops the clock but you also lose a down.

The spike thing is silly.
            I agree with the "spike" its just an incomplete pass, but they need to get lined up and it runs time off the clock special time outs just seem wierd, but then again spikes are wierd since shouldn't they lose a yard for intentional grounding since it isn't thrown to anyone???? lol

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

**About spiking the ball... years ago, my brother, a high school qb spiked the ball and got called for intentional grounding... in his high school league, it was explained you had to throw it towards the WR's.

I think the biggest difference in these 2 plays is the content of the game... The Giants were driving with little time on the clock so a player going down makes sense to give up on the play.

In the Charger game, it was early in the first half... so there was no reason to give up on the play, but I agree they look identical... from what I understand of the rules, they made the right call in the Giants game, but not in the San Diego game.

It also makes me question the ruling on the Plaxico Burress fumble years ago when he was with Pittsburgh... Burress caught the ball... rolled stood up and spiked it... if that's not giving up on a play, I'm not sure what is.
              sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
              Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
              X