Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Hillis trade request (rumor).

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Hillis trade request (rumor).

    "The Cleveland Plain-Dealer's Tony Grossi believes Peyton Hillis will request a trade ahead of the October 18 deadline.

    Grossi says contract talks between the Browns and Hillis are "not going well," and that a trade request is likely the "next step." With the Browns having so few weapons on offense, it wouldn't seem wise to move their feature runner, though it's become clear they have little interest in inking him to a lucrative long-term extension. With Montario Hardesty available as somebody who could immediately step into the starting lineup were Hillis to be dealt, it's certainly within the realm of possibility Hillis could be with a new club by this time next month. This is not a story that will be going away any time soon."

    Seriously. We need to trade back for him.

    We will end up spending a 1st or 2nd rounder on a RB in next years draft anyways.

    I say...

    Denver Gets -
    RB Peyton Hillis

    Cleveland Gets -
    WR Eddie Royal
    4th Round 2012

  • #2
    Oh my God, I'd give them Orton, Quinn, Lloyd, and DJ for Hillis back. I was thinking last night, if Tebow pans out, along with Demaryius rebounding, our team would be lethal. We probably wouldn't give up Lloyd or Orton though.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd give them Moreno and a 4th. Broncos will need royal if Lloyd leaves next year. Highly unlikely he would want to come back to Denver but one can dream
      sigpic
      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

      Comment


      • #4
        Give um Orton or a package deal of Quinn-Royal, right now they are in need of a WR real bad and they dont seem too sold on Colt at QB
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          McCoy could use a backup.

          Maybe Hillis for Quinn?

          Comment


          • #6
            Royal has no trade value

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd give them Moreno or Royal and a 3rd round pick. I love have Hillis back in bronco uniform.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm afraid of trading for him because if the possible "double rape scenario."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MHS View Post
                  I'd give them Moreno and a 4th. Broncos will need royal if Lloyd leaves next year. Highly unlikely he would want to come back to Denver but one can dream
                  He might want to, he probably has nothing against the organization or city, just Josh McDaniels
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think it's a bad move if Hillis decides to request a trade. He only had 1 big year in this league, and must prove he can improve ball security. I don't think there will be any team ready to give him a load of money. He should be focused on playing football. Show what you can do one more time, then look for a good contract next year when he becomes a free agent. I understand he is playing with the salary of a 7th round pick and deserves a better deal, but now it's not the time to start a fight with the Browns and demand the salary of a franchise RB.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can't really believe what I'm reading here.

                      First of all we're not going to spend a 1st on a RB. That's the kind of thing JMD got booted for

                      Now, I'd love to get Hillis back, but we should get a discount. No more personnel decisions based on emotions or out on a limb type reaching. Hillis for Quinn is fine with me. I let myself daydream about what Hillis would look like behind a Fox philosophy. Apparently he's got the fumble bug I read somewhere.

                      If we were to do it, we better not be giving up any picks at all - no picks

                      Ball or JJ would be fine for trade. I wouldn't know what the Browns need right now.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                        He might want to, he probably has nothing against the organization or city, just Josh McDaniels
                        Could be, it would be nice to root for him again wearing broncos colors.
                        sigpic
                        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lol.

                          Moreno is quite the #2 back, already.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They should give us Hillis and two comp picks for Quinn that's fair right?
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              Can't really believe what I'm reading here.

                              First of all we're not going to spend a 1st on a RB. That's the kind of thing JMD got booted for

                              Now, I'd love to get Hillis back, but we should get a discount. No more personnel decisions based on emotions or out on a limb type reaching. Hillis for Quinn is fine with me. I let myself daydream about what Hillis would look like behind a Fox philosophy. Apparently he's got the fumble bug I read somewhere.

                              If we were to do it, we better not be giving up any picks at all - no picks

                              Ball or JJ would be fine for trade. I wouldn't know what the Browns need right now.
                              did you know that our head coach is the one who drafted 2 running backs in the 1st round in 3 years?? just curious if you knew that
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X