Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Peyton Hillis?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's up with Peyton Hillis?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp9277

    I really like Hillis and was disappointed when the Broncos released him, but this is just odd.
    sigpic
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

  • #2
    Woooooooooooooow thats gonna leave a bitter taste in the fan bases mouth.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow, he flat out LIED on Dan Patrick and to several media sources yesterday.

      http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/10/11...-strep-throat/

      So now, not only is he fumble prone, he's a lying sack of crap that doesn't care about his teammates. And some people want this diva back??
      sigpic

      Hooray, beer!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Wow, he flat out LIED on Dan Patrick and to several media sources yesterday.

        So now, not only is he fumble prone, he's a lying sack of crap that doesn't care about his teammates. And some people want this diva back??
        I don't know if he lied, but he took medical advice from his agent instead of say the team doctor/trainer or some kind of medical professional.

        The conspiracy theory is he did it for financial reasons, I don't see where sitting out a game helps a players cause for a new contract.
        sigpic
        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
          I don't know if he lied, but he took medical advice from his agent instead of say the team doctor/trainer or some kind of medical professional.

          The conspiracy theory is he did it for financial reasons, I don't see where sitting out a game helps a players cause for a new contract.
          He said on DP that he was too sick to play, and the team doctors told him not to.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
            I don't know if he lied, but he took medical advice from his agent instead of say the team doctor/trainer or some kind of medical professional.

            The conspiracy theory is he did it for financial reasons, I don't see where sitting out a game helps a players cause for a new contract.
            why else would an agent in the middle of contract negotiations tell a player not to play?

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't know Hillis from a cup of beans so I have no dog in this hunt. That said I don't see how he is lying here. He either had strep or he didn't. I assume the team doctors know the answer to this. He admits talking to his agent as a friend about the decision to play or not but making the decision himself. You could speculate it was contrived and a business move but I don't see it clear cut - unless I'm missing something here. If he actually had strep I don't know how you second guess this unless you just want to or again I'm missing something.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                why else would an agent in the middle of contract negotiations tell a player not to play?
                idk, maybe to look over his overall health. he was throwing up for the three days before the game, and the day of the game.
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                  I don't know Hillis from a cup of beans so I have no dog in this hunt. That said I don't see how he is lying here. He either had strep or he didn't. I assume the team doctors know the answer to this. He admits talking to his agent as a friend about the decision to play or not but making the decision himself. You could speculate it was contrived and a business move but I don't see it clear cut - unless I'm missing something here. If he actually had strep I don't know how you second guess this unless you just want to or again I'm missing something.
                  Just listen to the interview.

                  "It was my decision." 3 questions later, "I met with team doctors and they decided I shouldn't play."


                  This guy is a joke. He's TO in a RB's body. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. After this little charade, I'm sure his teammates don't either.
                  sigpic

                  Hooray, beer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks Nimrod, you better articulated what I was thinking. But I get questioning his toughness, I mean Romo played with a hole in his lung and he isn't exactly known for being a 'toughguy'.
                    sigpic
                    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Wow, he flat out LIED on Dan Patrick and to several media sources yesterday.

                      http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/10/11...-strep-throat/

                      So now, not only is he fumble prone, he's a lying sack of crap that doesn't care about his teammates. And some people want this diva back??
                      Lying sack of crap that doesn't care about his teammates? LOL?

                      He had strep throat, and it would of amazed me if he actually played a few days after getting it. Yeah, some people could probably play thru it but it is painful and could reduce the effectiveness of a player. It takes longer than a few days to recover from such an illness.

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        He said on DP that he was too sick to play, and the team doctors told him not to.
                        Do we know for a fact that isn't true?

                        Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        why else would an agent in the middle of contract negotiations tell a player not to play?
                        Because he was sick and didn't want his client taking any risks with his health?

                        I'm playing devils advocate here guys - I don't know much about this or anything about Hillis - just talking about a rush to judgement.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Isn't it funny about how we give passes to certain people, but not to others.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lets put it this way. Brandon lloyd same situation how would everyone act? And before you throw the one year wonder line about lloyd hillis is in the same exact boat only that Lloyds production was much better.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Isn't it funny about how we give passes to certain people, but not to others.
                              Well you're calling him a diva based off one incident and speculating about other things that may not be true. Now if Hillis actually had a "diva" history, then it could be justified but not right now.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X