No announcement yet.

What's up with Peyton Hillis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll assume Hillis is being honest because it doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

There' no reason to believe that the reason he didn't play was anything other than his illness, even if his agent somehow thought it would be beneficial to him in regards to getting a new contract.

He's overrated as a player so I don't see how sitting out when he could have played benefits him, but whatever.(that's not to say that he could have played, just saying from a hypothetical stand point)
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
      Well you're calling him a diva based off one incident and speculating about other things that may not be true. Now if Hillis actually had a "diva" history, then it could be justified but not right now.
      Listen to the interview. Then read the article. It's two completely different stories.

I don't need someone to tell me when someone is lying. I'm pretty good at figuring that out all on my own.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Isn't it funny about how we give passes to certain people, but not to others.
        Like?

10 char

Comment

I thought Hillis was a Brown?

What section is this?

Uh, he was sick. There was a lot of input into playing or not by several people. I had strep so bad I could barely sip water. It can kill you if you don't get the right medication.
          Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
            Like?

10 char
            Like....anyone.

Brandon Lloyd was ripped up one side and down the other for saying he supported Orton and he needed to see the ball more to be effective. There are people posting IN THIS THREAD that wanted him traded for one or both of those reasons.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He is in contract negotiations and supposedly the Browns didnt want to come off the dime.

By all reports he was sick, but felt he could toughed it out - his agent reportendly told him not to play - they thought being his absence would help illustrate his value to the Browns.

Unfortunatley the backup had a pretty good day, and now it's coming out that he could have played but acted on advice not to to both reciver and 'make them miss him'.

This was on NFL.com a couple days ago...

Comment

Eh its all part of contract negotiations. I remember there was a bit of drama when we were trying to resign champ, but it got done because both sides wanted it to get done. The same thing will happen with Hillis probably.

Comment

I don't have a problem with this.

Hillis performed well here when he was given an opportunity, and he performed well for the Browns last season and in the games he's played this season. Yet he's getting paid terribly relative to what he's done.

If the Browns had cut Hillis before the game to save themselves from paying him a roster bonus (for argument's sake), would anyone fault the team for doing that? So why fault Hillis for taking the advice of his agent and protecting himself? There's this double standard with players/teams that I just don't understand.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    Isn't it funny about how we pass judgement on certain people, but not to others.
                    Fixed it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      I don't have a problem with this.

Hillis performed well here when he was given an opportunity, and he performed well for the Browns last season and in the games he's played this season. Yet he's getting paid terribly relative to what he's done.

If the Browns had cut Hillis before the game to save themselves from paying him a roster bonus (for argument's sake), would anyone fault the team for doing that? So why fault Hillis for taking the advice of his agent and protecting himself? There's this double standard with players/teams that I just don't understand.
                      Conversely, you'd never hear of a player giving money back if he underperforms or doesn't perform at all. It goes both ways. Think Peyton is going to give his game check back for the game he missed?
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        I like to try and start crap
                        Fixed it for ya.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Isn't he a Brown now?
                          "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by on2 View Post
                            Uh, he was sick. There was a lot of input into playing or not by several people. I had strep so bad I could barely sip water. It can kill you if you don't get the right medication.
                            This

The entire issue is media created.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                              I don't know Hillis from a cup of beans so I have no dog in this hunt. That said I don't see how he is lying here. He either had strep or he didn't. I assume the team doctors know the answer to this. He admits talking to his agent as a friend about the decision to play or not but making the decision himself. You could speculate it was contrived and a business move but I don't see it clear cut - unless I'm missing something here. If he actually had strep I don't know how you second guess this unless you just want to or again I'm missing something.

You are not missing anything.

Like you said...you have no dog in this hunt.

Others obviously do.
                              Let's Ride!

Comment

Pulling a Marshall.

People will forget about this shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X