What's up with Peyton Hillis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At all levels of football ...

... if you're hurt or sick, you tell your coach. He sends you to the trainer. If the trainer thinks you're too sick or hurt to play, he tells the coach and you miss practice or game(s). If the trainer feels it's beyond his ability to evaluate, he sends you to the doctor who makes the determination. This well-establised procedure.

In HS, parents who take their sons to the doctor without having him see the trainer first, experience having him out for a minimum of two weeks because that's SOP for doctors in order to cover their own liability.

In Peyton Hillis' case, is the agent the new parents?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN

It makes you wonder what is going on with Browns. First, they say coaches decision on Hillis. Then they say hamstring. Then he plays. Huh
      Go figure. The Browns are a mess.

And Colt McCoy is not looking good. It was just preseason.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN

Go figure. The Browns are a mess.

And Colt McCoy is not looking good. It was just preseason.
        But don't forget. The team President is Mike Holmgren.

He won the Super Bowl with the Packers well over a decade ago - he knows what he's doing - huh?!
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Madden Curse

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
            Madden Curse
            No, it is called "Pat Shurmur and Tim Heckert".

Heckert is of the belief to play only players that he drafted.

Shurmur insists on throwing the ball over and over again - thus ignoring the running game.

So, Hillis a running back and he wasn't drafted by Heckert.

He has two things going against him from the very get go.

Sure, Hillis is good at catching the ball as a running back - but that is neither here nor there in Shurmur's mind.

Hillis isn't a reciever or a tight end and he likes "Hardesty" more because Heckert drafted him.

Once Shurmur is gone and replaced by Eric Mangini and Heckert sticks to drafting players rather than making gameday decisions - things will be better.

Then and only then will things improve.

Hillis will get the ball 20-30 times a game and McCoy will throw the ball 15-20 times a game. A decent mix.

Rather than the 40-60 passes that McCoy is currently throwing and the 10-15 rushes that Hillis/Hardesty are doing.
            Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-16-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I heard Hillis hit on Shurmurs wife.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                I heard Hillis hit on Shurmurs wife.

True story.
                I doubt that he even has a wife.

He probably is hanging out with Josh McDaniels though. Maybe they go to a spa together...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Shurmur insists on throwing the ball over and over again - thus ignoring the running game.

Sure, Hillis is good at catching the ball as a running back - but that is neither here nor there in Shurmur's mind.

Hillis isn't a reciever or a tight end and he likes "Hardesty" more because Heckert drafted him.

Once Shurmur is gone and replaced by Eric Mangini and Heckert sticks to drafting players rather than making gameday decisions - things will be better.

Hillis will get the ball 20-30 times a game and McCoy will throw the ball 15-20 times a game. A decent mix.

Rather than the 40-60 passes that McCoy is currently throwing and the 10-15 rushes that Hillis/Hardesty are doing.
                  Dang man. I think this is the first time that I've ever 100% agreed with you. I guess a CP is in order.

Comment

Eric Mangini isnt comming back. i pretty much agree with what you are saying but mangini is a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by pblack18707 View Post
                      Eric Mangini isnt comming back. i pretty much agree with what you are saying but mangini is a done deal.
                      His firing is one of the biggest mistakes the front office has made in a long while. Firing him and completely overhauling the defense put the team in this position.

Now, we are stuck with them. Holmgren and Lerner won't fire Shurmur after only one season. So, we are stuck with being abysmal for a while now...

It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that Hillis is gone at the end of the year and Hardesty will be our starting running back. I'm sure Shurmur is quite giddy about that - he won't have to have an excuse to throw the ball constantly. How much you want to bet that this offseason he makes Mike Martz the offensive coordinator - LOL.
                      Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-18-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

His firing is one of the biggest mistakes the front office has made in a long while. Firing him and completely overhauling the defense put the team in this position.

Now, we are stuck with them. Holmgren and Lerner won't fire Shurmur after only one season. So, we are stuck with being abysmal for a while now...

It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that Hillis is gone at the end of the year and Hardesty will be our starting running back. I'm sure Shurmur is quite giddy about that - he won't have to have an excuse to throw the ball constantly. How much you want to bet that this offseason he makes Mike Martz the offensive coordinator - LOL.
                        got to agree with you. was realy no reason to fire him. and yea we are stuck. how you can bring in a bad OC as a HC and expect anything is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by pblack18707 View Post
                          got to agree with you. was realy no reason to fire him. and yea we are stuck. how you can bring in a bad OC as a HC and expect anything is beyond me.
                          From the beginning I was saying firing Mangini was done to please the media and that Shurmur was a mistake. Now, it is turning out to be true.

Did you see that Cribbs is talking to the media now about how he is "upset" about his dimished role as well? Report on Cribbs' frustration

It sounds to me like Shurmur is losing the locker room. You have the Hillis-Hardesty situation, now Cribbs is speaking out, who next?

Cribbs was thrown to five times against Oakland and caught only two of them. The media is already running with him being upset ...
                          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

From the beginning I was saying firing Mangini was done to please the media and that Shurmur was a mistake. Now, it is turning out to be true.

Did you see that Cribbs is talking to the media now about how he is "upset" about his dimished role as well? Report on Cribbs' frustration

It sounds to me like Shurmur is losing the locker room. You have the Hillis-Hardesty situation, now Cribbs is speaking out, who next?

Cribbs was thrown to five times against Oakland and caught only two of them. The media is already running with him being upset ...

“When you start pointing fingers, then you start making excuses and you find ways not to blame yourself for what’s going on,” Brown said. “Sometimes, guys say things in the heat of the battle, in the heat of the moment. At the end of the day, championship athletes find a way to get it done no matter what the situation is and that would be my message to whoever’s complaining.”

sounds like alot of finger pointing and complaining going on and that cannot be good.

Comment

Working...
                            X