• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    lol @ Palmer staying 'retired'.

Was never going to happen.

It was a power struggle, and the minute Palmer wanted to push his hand, he could have unretired and messed up the Bengals' cap.

I'm shocked to see Charlie taking the Owners' side on this... but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Or you can get 2 first round picks out of 'em...

Jeez, Mike Brown is making himself look a little better.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    I'd agree. I think a player and a pick would be the way to go. If we could get a second from the Raiders, I'd be fine with it, although I know they don't have one for 2012. The Bengals could use help at guard, safety and receiver, and I think the Raiders could part ways with one of their better receivers for him. Denarius Moore and a 2013 3rd rounder would be fine by me.
    That would be a decent trade. Of course I don't want to see the Raiders get Palmer, I'm fine if they just don't have a QB.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Players like Palmer refusing to report ended their own careers. Take the hint from Plummer - stay retired.

Alrighty then.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Players like Palmer refusing to report ended their own careers. Take the hint from Plummer - stay retired.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Palmer > Garrard > Orton. Hopefully they pick Orton lol
    Lol good post

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Palmer > Garrard > Orton. Hopefully they pick Orton lol

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Favre never knew when to quit.

Favre was a running joke. They even made commercials mocking him about not retiring. He was a punchline.

Palmer is retired - stay retired.
    Don't be silly. Carson Palmer isn't some broken-down 42-year-old quarterback. He's still got a lot left in the tank. He's in the middle of a power struggle with the owner.

Any sensible owner would only want players who want to be on the team and would gladly get best value for Palmer, especially in light of the fact that Andy Dalton is clearly more than serviceable as a replacement. Besides, Palmer seemed to regress a bit from his best days before the playoff knee injury. If some team is looking to overpay for a guy who's not helping the team — and is in fact hurting the team by forcing it to keep cap room open for his salary, given the threat of his return should they not be able to accomodate it — then you pull the trigger.

But this is Mike Brown we're talking about here. His pride is hurt. He thought of Palmer as his best pick ever, and the fact that Palmer wants out clearly has the guy heartbroken. He'd rather hurt Palmer by not letting him play the game he loves anymore.

Of course, if he comes to his senses and gets a ton more than he deserves in exchange for Palmer, then everyone's going to think his whole approach to the situation was a genius move. And then everyone will start heaping praise on Mike Brown, a guy who finally "gets it."

And that'll be hard to argue against.

Originally posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    If this trade were to happen, what would you like in return?

It's interesting, because the raiders are missing a bunch of picks already.

IMO Palmer isn't worth a 1st, but a 5th 6th or 7th isn't enough.

A player for player trade perhaps?
    I'd agree. I think a player and a pick would be the way to go. If we could get a second from the Raiders, I'd be fine with it, although I know they don't have one for 2012. The Bengals could use help at guard, safety and receiver, and I think the Raiders could part ways with one of their better receivers for him. Denarius Moore and a 2013 3rd rounder would be fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied

Favre was a running joke. They even made commercials mocking him about not retiring. He was a punchline.

Ya...he definitely shouldn't tarnish his illustrious 7 year career ...Palmer will come back the second Brown quits bein ridiculous ...I don't think he realizes the impact he's making on keeping future FA's the hell away from that franchise because they don't wanna be stuck (although he traded Ocho) ...idk

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Yep. Once a player retires he is done forever. Just ask Favre who retired with the Packers in 08...

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Palmer is retired.

A team would be stupid to even attempt to trade for one.
    Yep. Once a player retires he is done forever. Just ask Favre who retired with the Packers in 08...

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Palmer is retired.

A team would be stupid to even attempt to trade for one.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i bet a second or third is what they need to use to get Palmer. and if they could offer a 4th this year and a second the year after that. and probably a 6th. that would be a great trade for both teams.
    They dont have a 2nd 3rd or 4th this year is the thing

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

i bet a second or third is what they need to use to get Palmer. and if they could offer a 4th this year and a second the year after that. and probably a 6th. that would be a great trade for both teams.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Apparently the Raiders are sweet on Carson Palmer.

Hope we can work something out, but I doubt it. Despite finally ceding some control of personnel to Marvin, Mike Brown is still in charge.

And he's an idiot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X