How on earth can HC's go into the season with Orton and Grossman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How on earth can HC's go into the season with Orton and Grossman

I don't pretend to be an expert but it amazes me how teams can happily go into the season with these 2 at QB.

They have both been in the league a long time and you know they won't lead you anywhere without ALOT of help and they are both decent back-ups at best.

Both choke on final drives, note Grossman in Dallas and Orton.......... Well, all year.

The Redskins didn't draft a QB I don't believe and I wonder if the Broncos didn't already have Tebow on the roster would have have drafted a QB ? Probably not.

Just amazes me that after seeing tape on these 2 QB's for 5, 6, 7 years 2 HC's happily start the season with them.

What a shocker they have both looked poor and been pulled !

Orton's signature achievement in his career is once beating out Grossman.

They each feed of of each other for relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      Orton's signature achievement in his career is once beating out Grossman.

They each feed of of each other for relevance.
      This is why I was keen to start Tebow in week 1 (Not updated Sig yet), Orton is not the guy to bring success, let him walk at the end of the season, see what you have with Tebow, whether you can build with him or draft a QB.

I know it's not easy to get a franchise QB but surely the redskins could of tried something. The rest of the team is decent. They picked # 4 last year and didn't get a QB in the draft and didn't get one this year either.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        I know it's not easy to get a franchise QB but surely the redskins could of tried something. The rest of the team is decent. They picked # 4 last year and didn't get a QB in the draft and didn't get one this year either.
        Rex looked good in practice. :thumb:

There's such thing as a quarterback who seems to be able to make all the reads and all the throws, but just is not big enough for the moment. It takes that "something else" to step onto the stage and consistently make dominant, game-changing plays.

Sometimes, coaches should listen to their hearts -- Rex Grossman is just not that player. Never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          Rex looked good in practice. :thumb:

There's such thing as a quarterback who seems to be able to make all the reads and all the throws, but just is not big enough for the moment. It takes that "something else" to step onto the stage and consistently make dominant, game-changing plays.

Sometimes, coaches should listen to their hearts -- Rex Grossman is just not that player. Never will be.
          LOL, and how long have these 2 QB's had to show what they can produce on the big stage.

I bet both Orton and Grossman are starting somewhere next season LOL, madness.........................

Comment

Grossman is a good QB2.

Orton has too many tells to be in the NFL.

Regardless people will get desperate and start just about anyone they think will give them a chance to win.

Some people are more comfortable with vets then young Qbs.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Lovie Smith loves him some Grossman and Orton shocking both were once on the same team
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
                Lovie Smith loves him some Grossman and Orton shocking both were once on the same team
                Except the Bears got to the 2006 Super Bowl with those QB's on the roster.

Comment

So you would like Orton and Grossman back?? Im sure the Broncos and Redskins can make that happen!
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe because their backups are even worse?

Let's see how Tebow and Beck do before judging the coaching staffs too harshly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                      Maybe because their backups are even worse?

Let's see how Tebow and Beck do before judging the coaching staffs too harshly.
                      It's irrelevant how Tebow and Beck do.

I know it's not easy finding a franchise QB but some teams just seem happy starting these QB's who have never been successful.

Its like Seattle trading for and starting Tavaris Jackson. Its pretty obvious he is not a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        It's irrelevant how Tebow and Beck do.

I know it's not easy finding a franchise QB but some teams just seem happy starting these QB's who have never been successful.

Its like Seattle trading for and starting Tavaris Jackson. Its pretty obvious he is not a starter.
                        There are only so many good QBs to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                          There are only so many good QBs to go around.
                          They should of looked for a young QB in the draft like Cincy, Cle, Tenn and Minn have done, among others.

Just surprised Washington were happy with Grossman.

I like what Rex done by trading up a long way and getting Sanchez. I'm not a big Sanchez fan but I like the aggressive intent of finding your guy.

Comment

Coaches went with those quarterbacks because they were the best players available to them. Orton and Grossman both are decent stop-gaps while teams are looking for a "franchise QB". Also, another thought.

As Grossman has shown in the past, teams can find success with him behind center. The Bears made it to the Super Bowl with him as their QB and another team won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer (though they started the season with Tony Banks) at quarterback.

A quarterback doesn't have to be pretty to win in the league.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              Coaches went with those quarterbacks because they were the best players available to them. Orton and Grossman both are decent stop-gaps while teams are looking for a "franchise QB". Also, another thought.

As Grossman has shown in the past, teams can find success with him behind center. The Bears made it to the Super Bowl with him as their QB and another team won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer (though they started the season with Tony Banks) at quarterback.

A quarterback doesn't have to be pretty to win in the league.
                              The Bears generated no offense and lost even though Hester took another one back to the house.

We know why the Bears went to the SB and why the Ravens won a SB in 2000 and Why the Bucs won a few years back, it wasn't because of Brad Johnson.

Yes, In some cases a team can win the SB with anyone at QB, However that is extremely rare and you really need a good QB, especially in todays NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X