How on earth can HC's go into the season with Orton and Grossman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The Bears generated no offense and lost even though Hester took another one back to the house.

We know why the Bears went to the SB and why the Ravens won a SB in 2000 and Why the Bucs won a few years back, it wasn't because of Brad Johnson.

Yes, In some cases a team can win the SB with anyone at QB, However that is extremely rare and you really need a good QB, especially in todays NFL.
    I am using them as examples of exceptions. That a QB does not need to be pretty to win in the NFL. If a QB is placed into a situation where he has a strong running back, offensive line, and a defense that shuts down opposing offences, he can win. Teams have shown that they can win with that formula. Sure, it isn't flashy but they get the job done.

Look for instance at your own team's history. Elway was considered a lackluster QB in the mid 90s and your own head coach wanted to replace him with a young hotshot QB named Tommy Maddox. What happened then? A "rebellion" so to speak in which rather than Elway leaving Denver, the coach was fired. The new coach emphasized a power running game and built a stellar surrounding cast for your QB. With that new scheme in place, what happened?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      I am using them as examples of exceptions. That a QB does not need to be pretty to win in the NFL. If a QB is placed into a situation where he has a strong running back, offensive line, and a defense that shuts down opposing offences, he can win. Teams have shown that they can win with that formula. Sure, it isn't flashy but they get the job done.

Look for instance at your own team's history. Elway was considered a lackluster QB in the mid 90s and your own head coach wanted to replace him with a young hotshot QB named Tommy Maddox. What happened then? A "rebellion" so to speak in which rather than Elway leaving Denver, the coach was fired. The new coach emphasized a power running game and built a stellar surrounding cast for your QB. With that new scheme in place, what happened?
      But you're saying that if the team is amazing at every other aspect than any QB can win.

I just think that you need a franchise QB and if you don't have one than find one.

Comment

But you're saying that if the team is amazing at every other aspect than any QB can win.

I just think that you need a franchise QB and if you don't have one than find one.
        You build the surrounding cast up and you can plug anybody in at QB.

If you have the mindset that all you need is a QB, you will find a lot of Ryan Leafs.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

The Bears generated no offense and lost even though Hester took another one back to the house.

We know why the Bears went to the SB and why the Ravens won a SB in 2000 and Why the Bucs won a few years back, it wasn't because of Brad Johnson.

Yes, In some cases a team can win the SB with anyone at QB, However that is extremely rare and you really need a good QB, especially in todays NFL.
          In 2006 the Bears were second in the league in points scored..........Ravens and Bucs can't say that. Bears in 2006 had a decent offense, good OL, outstanding running game Jones/Benson, solid receivers, and a QB who could be very hot 8 games with a QBR between 94 to 148, or very cold, five games where his QBR fell off the charts.

No matter what 2006 was a great year in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
          X