New Raider QB coming.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont worry..

Palmer is aged, rusty, and probably STILL not even 100% after that terrible knee injury.. He'll play at a McNabb like level..

Plus with TWO firsts.. they're doomed when it comes to upgrading.. unless they get some kinda monster trade or FA pickup.. Dont forget they are rid of Nnamdi.

Comment

• It doesn't matter what the Raiders look like right now. The Broncos aren't going to the playoffs anytime soon. We have so many needs on the Broncos, it's not even funny.

Comment

• I think this was a good move by the Raiders ... Still not sure about trading two 1st round draft picks for him but as I understand it one of those picks is conditional..

I also don't believe this was a much of a panic move to save the season as it appears to be because of Campbell getting hurt..I believe that was the deciding factor but I think this trade had been in the works for some time

I think it will take time for him to get back into game shape both mentally and physically as well as getting the timing down with the wide receivers..

I think the Raiders looked to solidify the QB position that has been below par Rich Gannon and that very well be the case...As the topic relates to the op I would worry much more about the Broncos roster and plans for the future then the other teams from the AFC West ..
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• I loved what the Raiders did. They invested a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick in Carson Palmer, who will be 32 years old in December. And his arm strenght has not been the same since he replaced a ligament in his elbow.

Their 2012 draft is over, unless they trade players or give picks from the 2013 draft. I would be much more worried if the Raiders had ammo to draft one of the top QBs from next year's class.

The 4-2 Bengals will have a good chance to become a force in the near future. Dalton and Green are playing very well. They have plenty of ammo to get a franchise RB and a top OT/OG next year.
          sigpic

Comment

• makes sense though

I think the Raiders are happy with the weapons and defense that they have. They're sure they can win with what they have now. I'm not sure a rookie next year to compete with Cambell wouldn't have been a better idea. They certainly overpaid for what they're getting, but Palmer wasn't going anywhere for less than that.

If Palmer comes in and throws it like '05, look out NFL. (I like how everyone KNOWS his arm sucks and he doesn't have it anymore when no one has seen him play in forever.)

As for the Bengals, 4 1st round picks in the next two years. Damn. They could contend.

Comment

• As much as he "sucks" (like so many are saying) Palmer is the best Raider QB since Gannon.

The qb spot has been holding that team back, it will not hold the team back any longer.

Short term I see the Raiders competing for the playoffs...maybe taking the division from SD and their flaked out ways.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                No they won't, as long as SD has Rivers, they'll win it, as much as i do hate them.

And Palmer hasn't been good since 05, your Raiders overpayed Bob.
                Palmer made the pro bowl in 2006. And was voted Pro Bowl MVP. He threw for 4,000 yards and had a 94.0 QB rating

In 2007 h threw for 4100 yards

Let it go man.. It was a good move for Oakland

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  I loved what the Raiders did. They invested a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick in Carson Palmer, who will be 32 years old in December. And his arm strenght has not been the same since he replaced a ligament in his elbow.

Their 2012 draft is over, unless they trade players or give picks from the 2013 draft. I would be much more worried if the Raiders had ammo to draft one of the top QBs from next year's class.
                  I find it hard to believe their draft will be over just because they dont have a 1st and 2nd rd pick

They'll get 2 3rd comp picks and a 4th comp as well

Raiders draft will look like

3rd
                  3rd
                  4th
                  5th
                  6th

1st rd pick was for Carson Palmer and the 2nd rd pick was for Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones their future RT & RB they trade for in 2011

Comment

• it is an upgrade for them but they obviously paid way too much for him.

its the raiders, its to be expected lol

if they make the playoffs and do damage there people will not be saying they are so stupid for making the deal anymore, i can tell you that.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
                      I find it hard to believe their draft will be over just because they dont have a 1st and 2nd rd pick

They'll get 2 3rd comp picks and a 4th comp as well

Raiders draft will look like

3rd
                      3rd
                      4th
                      5th
                      6th

1st rd pick was for Carson Palmer and the 2nd rd pick was for Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones their future RT & RB they trade for in 2011
                      what two third round picks? they may get one third round comp pick but other than that its gonna be all 4th and later.

the top comp pick is at the end of the third round, i don't see how they can get two in the the third.
                      Last edited by baphamet; 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well I was right when I guessed he would go back to #3 in my Photoshop.

Comment

• Broncos signed a one year deal for 4 million - Ty Warren - in free agency.

He never played a down. Money flushed down the pipes.

Carson has yet to take a snap... Just sayin'....
                          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Carson doesn't scare teams. He is going to be good for Oakland because he will be paired with an amazing run game. However Carson is not a franchise QB and I doubt he is going to scare any teams going forward

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Carson doesn't scare teams. He is going to be good for Oakland because he will be paired with an amazing run game. However Carson is not a franchise QB and I doubt he is going to scare any teams going forward
                              Those are drugs you're smoking.
                              HEAR ME ROAR!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                                Those are drugs you're smoking.
                                What. Do you think Carson Palmer scares teams. He is not a franchise QB. He is a very good QB when healthy but nothing to clamour over and people like JT the Brick acting like he is some god send superstar QB is laughable IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X