No announcement yet.

Tony Dungy thinks the Colts should draft Andrew Luck, and trade Peyton Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Dungy thinks the Colts should draft Andrew Luck, and trade Peyton Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...rading-manning

"I would see him competing and playing as long as he wanted," Dungy said. "If it gets to the point to where, hey, he comes back and it looks like he's gonna play three or four more years, and you say -- we've got Andrew Luck, we've got an asset -- we trade (Peyton)."
    I can't imagine Peyton in any other uniform.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Wow! I can't say that i disagree with him.
    sigpic

Comment

Obviously the smart move from a general manager's perspective is to first evaluate what you have with P. Manning. Will Manning fully recover? If so how many good years does he have left? 2-4 years?

I think Mannings got 2 solid years in him, maybe a couple more if he drags it out. But I don't think this neck injury will go away, it will effect his play.

So that smart move would be to get Luck while they have a shot now, who knows the next time they can say they had an opportunity at grabbing a potential franchise QB. They'd be "Luck-y" if they get 2 within nearly a decades span.

But its a big gamble, if Luck doesn't pan out, there are two scenarios: 1) Manning has already been traded before the Luck selection and now you are left with Luck who hasn't panned out and you look stupid... 2) Manning is still on the team and you have Luck as your 2nd string, do you keep Manning to coach him up for a couple years a la Brees to Rivers/Favre to Rodgers? Or do you trade Manning?

They have a lot of options, but basically if this kid doesn't pan out they will look dumb especially if Manning goes to lets say, the Vikings and leads them to a 12-4+ record and playoffs.
      Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Doesn't exactly say when Manning would be traded so I'd assume that he means let Manning play for there for at least 2 more years (maximum of 4) and let Luck learn and if Manning doesn't want to retire, trade him while Luck is still under his rookie contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...rading-manning

I can't imagine Peyton in any other uniform.
          i can't disagree with the logic

peyton's old and broken, and even in his prime, aside from the 1 superbowl, in which his stats for that playoffs sucked ass, he's barely a .500 playoff qb
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't it a bit of a risk to take Manning?

We don't know if he can play anymore, or be effective. Surgery is pretty dangerous.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X