The Madden curse is alive and well.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madden curse is alive and well.

Thank you Madden 12 for helping me get over being pissed that McD traded away Hillis for nothing.

You watch your mouth. The Quinn is a handsome young man.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
      Thank you Madden 12 for helping me get over being pissed that McD traded away Hillis for nothing.
      You ain't lyin!
      -donkeydookiegallegos

Comment

Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post

im still not over the trade, regardless of the curse.

Comment

To be fair to Quinn, McDaniels totally ruined that trade before the season ever started last year during the draft.

Comment

I've lost a fair amount of respect for Hillis this year.

Comment

True, Hillis isn't doing too well this year.

As a matter of fact, he is a media darling.
              sigpic

Comment

Its the curse....he'll be back to form again next year

Comment

This isn't Madden. This is Pat Shurmur. Pat Shurmur relies on the passing game rather than the running game. Further, in his running game he wants a speedy back not a bruising back like Hillis.

So, he relies instead on Hardesty is fits the mold of the player he wants. Shurmur simply hates Hillis - Madden has nothing to do with it.

Mangini liked a bruising back and emphasized the run game. So, Hillis did well under Mangini. Shurmur does not ... so it goes without saying...
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

It's more of the Browns curse than it is Madden

Dat Shurmur
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                      It's more of the Browns curse than it is Madden

Dat Shurmur
                      Now "Browns curse" - again nonsense.

It is simply a head coach that strongly dislikes Hillis as a player and wants to undermine him because he doesn't fit the mold of the type of player he wants in his system. This is further evidenced by the general manager (Heckert) who makes a point to have the team start the players that he drafts - even if they do not play well.

Comment

All I know is last week I was thinking about how Mangini was fired or whatever last year and realized I didn't know who the hell their coach was.

So I looked it up on wikipedia and still don't really know who the hell Pat Shmururrmrumr is.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                          All I know is last week I was thinking about how Mangini was fired or whatever last year and realized I didn't know who the hell their coach was.

So I looked it up on wikipedia and still don't really know who the hell Pat Shmururrmrumr is.
                          Shurmur got the job because his uncle used to be the defensive coordinator for Holmgren in Green Bay.

Comment

Do you approve of him?

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                              Do you approve of him?
                              Of who?

Talked about three people in this thread. But I'll answer all three people.

1. Shurmur - I cannot stand him and I feel he should be fired. But, he will not be fired because he is a rookie head coach and he is both the offensive coordinator and the head coach.

2. Holmgren - He is extremely overrated and he hasn't done anything to warrant any praise. The team is a mess and the only thing he has done is fire a good coach and replace him with Shurmur.

3. Hillis - He hasn't really played this year. But, he certainly seems to have lost a step when he was playing. I think it may be the loss of Steinbach and Vickers that is hurting him the most. Vickers was an amazing run-blocking fullback and instead now we get a horrible LB/FB hybrid in Marecic. The blocking is so horrible, that the Browns could barely even kick any field goals today - half of them were blocked. Further, it is amazing that the referees for once decided to help the Browns by calling back a return by the Seahawks on a bogus "block to the back" call.
                              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-23-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X