• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pblack18707
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Of who?

Talked about three people in this thread. But I'll answer all three people.

1. Shurmur - I cannot stand him and I feel he should be fired. But, he will not be fired because he is a rookie head coach and he is both the offensive coordinator and the head coach.

2. Holmgren - He is extremely overrated and he hasn't done anything to warrant any praise. The team is a mess and the only thing he has done is fire a good coach and replace him with Shurmur.

3. Hillis - He hasn't really played this year. But, he certainly seems to have lost a step when he was playing. I think it may be the loss of Steinbach and Vickers that is hurting him the most. Vickers was an amazing run-blocking fullback and instead now we get a horrible LB/FB hybrid in Marecic. The blocking is so horrible, that the Browns could barely even kick any field goals today - half of them were blocked. Further, it is amazing that the referees for once decided to help the Browns by calling back a return by the Seahawks on a bogus "block to the back" call.
    yep thats about the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    Do you approve of him?
    Of who?

Talked about three people in this thread. But I'll answer all three people.

1. Shurmur - I cannot stand him and I feel he should be fired. But, he will not be fired because he is a rookie head coach and he is both the offensive coordinator and the head coach.

2. Holmgren - He is extremely overrated and he hasn't done anything to warrant any praise. The team is a mess and the only thing he has done is fire a good coach and replace him with Shurmur.

3. Hillis - He hasn't really played this year. But, he certainly seems to have lost a step when he was playing. I think it may be the loss of Steinbach and Vickers that is hurting him the most. Vickers was an amazing run-blocking fullback and instead now we get a horrible LB/FB hybrid in Marecic. The blocking is so horrible, that the Browns could barely even kick any field goals today - half of them were blocked. Further, it is amazing that the referees for once decided to help the Browns by calling back a return by the Seahawks on a bogus "block to the back" call.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-23-2011, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Do you approve of him?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    All I know is last week I was thinking about how Mangini was fired or whatever last year and realized I didn't know who the hell their coach was.

So I looked it up on wikipedia and still don't really know who the hell Pat Shmururrmrumr is.
    Shurmur got the job because his uncle used to be the defensive coordinator for Holmgren in Green Bay.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    All I know is last week I was thinking about how Mangini was fired or whatever last year and realized I didn't know who the hell their coach was.

So I looked it up on wikipedia and still don't really know who the hell Pat Shmururrmrumr is.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
    It's more of the Browns curse than it is Madden

Dat Shurmur
    Now "Browns curse" - again nonsense.

It is simply a head coach that strongly dislikes Hillis as a player and wants to undermine him because he doesn't fit the mold of the type of player he wants in his system. This is further evidenced by the general manager (Heckert) who makes a point to have the team start the players that he drafts - even if they do not play well.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    It's more of the Browns curse than it is Madden

Dat Shurmur

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    This isn't Madden. This is Pat Shurmur. Pat Shurmur relies on the passing game rather than the running game. Further, in his running game he wants a speedy back not a bruising back like Hillis.

So, he relies instead on Hardesty is fits the mold of the player he wants. Shurmur simply hates Hillis - Madden has nothing to do with it.

Mangini liked a bruising back and emphasized the run game. So, Hillis did well under Mangini. Shurmur does not ... so it goes without saying...

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Its the curse....he'll be back to form again next year

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    True, Hillis isn't doing too well this year.

As a matter of fact, he is a media darling.

Leave a comment:

• elway93
    replied
    I've lost a fair amount of respect for Hillis this year.

Leave a comment:

• FD CO
    replied
    To be fair to Quinn, McDaniels totally ruined that trade before the season ever started last year during the draft.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
    Thank you Madden 12 for helping me get over being pissed that McD traded away Hillis for nothing.

im still not over the trade, regardless of the curse.

Leave a comment:

• donkeyDookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
    Thank you Madden 12 for helping me get over being pissed that McD traded away Hillis for nothing.
    You ain't lyin!
    -donkeydookiegallegos

Leave a comment:

• JW7
    replied
    You watch your mouth. The Quinn is a handsome young man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X