Report: Cowher, Gruden interested in Fins job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Cowher, Gruden interested in Fins job

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports ex-Steelers coach Bill Cowher and ex-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden have "quietly planted seeds" that they're open to a return to coaching, specifically in Miami.
    Ex-Dolphins QB and current CBS studio analyst Dan Marino has reportedly been relaying to team management that Cowher is "geared up for a return." Cowher is close with ex-Chiefs GM Carl Peterson, who has been a consultant of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Despite his new contract with ESPN, Gruden has reportedly told "more than a few folks" in Miami that he'll be ready for a return to the sidelines in 2012.

Source: Yahoo! Sports Oct 25 - 3:51 PM
    sigpic

Odd they Gruden would sign a 5 year extension with ESPN if he's interested in a return to coaching
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Hard to completely trust the one about Gruden.

Comment

Gruden is probably interested in coaching Andrew Luck
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

I can't wait til Cowher fails missrably at his next job. Most overrated coach of all time. He was given a SB ring and basically rode the coattails of the greatest DC of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Hunter View Post
            I can't wait til Cowher fails missrably at his next job. Most overrated coach of all time. He was given a SB ring and basically rode the coattails of the greatest DC of all time.
            Would be a good opportunity to see if Gruden is a good coach as well

He sort of rode Tony Dungy's creation to the SB if you ask me...
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post

Yeah but he played aginst the team he created, so it was kind of a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post

Uhh no lol. Tony Dungy left a mess in Tampa Bay. Read his book and you'll find out that even he admits it. Getting a fresh start with the Colts and Peyton Manning really helped him win a Super Bowl.
                sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                  Uhh no lol. Tony Dungy left a mess in Tampa Bay. Read his book and you'll find out that even he admits it. Getting a fresh start with the Colts and Peyton Manning really helped him win a Super Bowl.
                  The defense that won the Super Bowl was Tony Dungy's creation
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Charger$

Comment

Of course they would be. Andrew Luck is expected to be on the draft board. Hell I'm interested in coaching the team that gets him too.

Comment

Gruden's a 'tease' to teams.. he never puts out

Comment

The fins could land in a great position if they get Luck and Gruden / Cowher.

Most Miami fans want them to lose out and I agree 100 pc.

You never want to hope your team loses but you have to look to the future.

Do they really want 4-5 wins and draft 11-12 and keep Sporano and Henne or do they want to finish with 1-2 wins and draft Luck and Hire Gruden / Cowher.

Sometimes you have to look to the future.

Comment

Working...
                        X