Clear All

• So... Bengals?

Thoughts? I'm curious.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Thoughts? I'm curious.
    All I know is we have the tie breaker if it comes to a wild card head to head.

Actually, The Dalton era shows promise with Green too. Probably a good thing Palmer forced his way out after all. Plus you guys get the picks to build around your new weapons.

sigpic
    \

Comment

Dalton to Green for years to come

And the Bengals defense isn't being talked about as much as they should be

The Bengals should be shoe ins for the playoffs but the AFC North is crazy right now
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        Dalton to Green for years to come

And the Bengals defense isn't being talked about as much as they should be

The Bengals should be shoe ins for the playoffs but the AFC North is crazy right now
        I wear the defensive line sig to try to get the word out. Our rotation up front is sick. Injuries have started to take their toll, but it's nice to know that we have seven very capable defensive linemen. Believe me, losing Sims was probably a case of the weakest link anyhow. We need Dunlap back healthy to make a solid push to the playoffs, but I think we can get there.

I feel bad for Houston. The Texans are in trouble without Schaub against tougher competition.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic

Comment

I wear the defensive line sig to try to get the word out. Our rotation up front is sick. Injuries have started to take their toll, but it's nice to know that we have seven very capable defensive linemen. Believe me, losing Sims was probably a case of the weakest link anyhow. We need Dunlap back healthy to make a solid push to the playoffs, but I think we can get there.

I feel bad for Houston. The Texans are in trouble without Schaub against tougher competition.
          D-line depth is a fantastic thing to have

You guys definitely have a shot at the playoffs. I actually think you guys are the better team in that division. The Steelers are pretty old and the Ravens constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

The Texans are benefiting from being in probably one of the weakest divisions in the AFC. Their defense is playing very well and their run game is one of the best, however, they've yet to really beat any of the top competition.

And now they're Shaubless so who knows what happens there.
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
            D-line depth is a fantastic thing to have

You guys definitely have a shot at the playoffs. I actually think you guys are the better team in that division. The Steelers are pretty old and the Ravens constantly shoot themselves in the foot.
            I think we still have a ways to go. When Baltimore is on, they're terrifying, and Pittsburgh's got an excellent defense to go along with a pretty effective passing attack. They still give up sacks and they don't run the ball as well as they used to, but they're still a force. We've dropped games to both Pittsburgh and Baltimore so far, so this weekend should be telling of where we're at.

The Texans are benefiting from being in probably one of the weakest divisions in the AFC. Their defense is playing very well and their run game is one of the best, however, they've yet to really beat any of the top competition.
            Houston beat Pittsburgh, and they did it with defense. Obviously, they're a different team without Williams, but we'll see. Picking up Joseph has made a world of difference for them. I miss that guy.

And now they're Shaubless so who knows what happens there.
            One and done.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

Offense

You clearly have a potential great offense down the road. A legit NFL QB in Dalton. An amazing superstar receiver in Green and a hell of a tightend in Greisam. Your other receivers are up and coming and playing extremely well. You have a young very good IMO change of pace back in Scott and a very good right now Cedric Benson who is a consistant 1000 yard runner.

Defense

You have a good mix of youth and experience. You have a very good interior D Line and Atkins is growing into a hell of a defensive tackle. An experienced secondary and a solid linebacking core.

Draft Picks

After ropping the Raiders the team is in even better shape heading into the future. With the Steelers aging a little bit, the Ravens inconsistancies and the Browns just being a joke this division in the future may belong to the Bengals.

Coaching

Love Marvin Lewis as a D Coordinator but him allowing a very good coach in Zimmer take control of that defense is a very good thing. Also with Gruden as a potential great coach they look good in this department also. I love coaches who allow their coaches to actually coach and not interupt that and from a far it seems that Lewis does just that.

However the Bengals lost to a terrible Broncos team so that sucks

Comment

change ur ugly jerseys and maybe one day i will hope the bengals have a shot at the playoffs.

Comment

Loved them this year. The Bengals are my second favourite NFL team and to have the record they do with a rookie QB, losing their top receiver (granted he was on the downhill slope) and a starting CB is impressive. That front office deserves a lot of praise for what it's achieved this year, even if they don't make the playoffs.

Comment

While having one of the wors owner I really like the job Lewis did the last few years in building your team.

Usually we get all the guy at home on sundays to watch the game, since on of the guys is the Bengals fan (we all have our team) I usually see the game and all I can say this year is wow, one hell of a turn around from the team.

The whole d-line and lb are nice (I especially like Johnson) and on the offense I wich gresham would get more talk for his play, the guy is just a beast period. Add to that the Andy Dalton and AJ combo, add the Cedirc benson workhorse and youve got a pretty nice team I say
                    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                    -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Thoughts on the Bengals?

The helmets are neat.

Comment

- Dalton looks legit, been a fan of AJ Green for awhile, dude is a freaking beast, then you have some solid secondary WR's in Simpson, and Caldwell, and Benson is consistent at RB. Your OL is good too.

- The DL is deep, and get after the QB, losing Hall is a big blow, but who really thought Cincy would be this good this year?? I do agree Joseph gone is a tough blow, he's been one of the top 2-3 CB's in the league this year. Robbed Oakland in the Palmer trade, so got some more picks to add to your good, young team, maybe another WR, or CB, maybe a young RB...

Bengals are on the way up, maybe if things fall in place, we could get a rematch in the 1st round :thumb:

Comment

bengals are going places. In a year or two there should be a power shift in that division.

Comment

Thoughts? I'm curious.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Thoughts? I'm curious.
                              My thoughts about the Bengals?

They are in Cincinnati and were founded by Paul Brown.

Cincinnati is named after Cincinnatus, the legendary Roman who exemplified an upstanding citizen and in essence Roman virtue.

That is pretty awesome.

Aside from that, they tried to copy the Browns. Sure, slightly darker shade of Orange on the Helmets and Black instead of Seal Brown. Plus, the big giant "Bengals" on the helmet made it a bit easier to tell them apart.

Aside from all that, I don't think about them often.

But something tells me that you want a reaction to their current record.

Well, their record right now is what the Browns record should be right now. The right way the division should be is the Browns and Steelers fighting for the division with the Bengals a distant third.
                              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-02-2011, 02:35 PM.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X