The case for Drew Brees as NFL MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry gang....slight edge to Rodgers.

Who put The Packers in the driver's seat all season? My feelings are this......Rodgers was playing at a higher level all season, until near the end, when they already had the best record in football. Had he thrown as many passes as Brees, he would have had crazy yardage. He easily won the QB rating stat, and in so doing, broke the record.

Sure Flynn had a great day, but put him in when the season is on the line and we'll see what he is made of. He looks good for sure, but there was little pressure on him, in a nothing game for The Pack.

I love Drew Brees.....he is one of my favs in the NFL. But I give it to Rodgers, for going 14 and 1. By the way, The Saints have some pretty good talent as well.......

Comment

If rodgers broke marinos records yes. if he didnt and only brees did. Brees hands down should be MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
        If rodgers broke marinos records yes. if he didnt and only brees did. Brees hands down should be MVP.
        I dont think 'hands down' neither one of Rodgers or Brees is miles ahead of the other. They both had insane seasons.

Comment

rodgers is surrounded by weapons. flynns 5 td performance proved that

brees has sproles and like 2 speedy wr.

brees is that offense. if NO had no brees. it would be 2-15 like indy

Comment

I think Flynn had a good game against a bad lions D yes.
            I think green bay has weapons yes.

but to say Brees has '2 wide receivers and sproles' is a bit unfair.
            colston, meacham, mooore and henderson.
            sproles and ingram.
            Jimmy graham who is the either the #1 or#2 te in the game.

that offense is just as stacked as any.

You plugg flynn into that offense and I guarantee he could toss up crazy numbers too.

Comment

ill give you colston and henderson.

and Grahm. but J finley. is like a wr playing TE.

Comment

Graham > Finley

Regardless, not trying to take anything from Drew Brees he's amazing. I just dont think he is 'that' much more deserving of the mvp then AR

Comment

Both guys deserve it

I'm not going to be upset when it comes down to who is chosen
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                    Both guys deserve it

I'm not going to be upset when it comes down to who is chosen
                    aye if there ever was a case for two guys deserving it this year would be it.

in my books anyway.

Comment

I'd go Rodgers, but by a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
                        rodgers is surrounded by weapons. flynns 5 td performance proved that

brees has sproles and like 2 speedy wr.

brees is that offense. if NO had no brees. it would be 2-15 like indy
                        Too bad that Rodgers will win MVP, regardless...............

And stop underestimating the New Orleans weapons.

Comment

their both very very important to their teams, but to say that either one if "all that team has" is wrong...

Until the Saints got a good Def. Cord and started running the ball more, they had a few 8-8 seasons, Brees showed then he couldn't win games with just him and his offense...

same with Rodgers, they had a few less then great seasons before they got their good Def Cord and put together a more complete team...

But this year, i'd give it to Rodgers, but Brees had a great year and its real close...

Comment

Working...
                          X