So......If St Lou Gets 1st Pick??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So......If St Lou Gets 1st Pick??????

The Rams are most likely to get the 1st overall pick in the draft. No matter how they can get the pick, losing to a solid 49er team will likely be the easiest way to get it done.

So what next? They have Sam Bradford, who was their guy a while back. But he's not playing good ball these days. Still, it's too early to look elsewhere in my books. He needs more support, which is what The Rams are likely going to acquire..........most likely via a trade for their pick. That would be smart of them, if they believe at all in Bradford.

But who would be interested? Would Indy go after it, with Manning potentially on the mend? Or would a number of other teams interested in a QB step it up. Maybe Washington. Maybe Cleveland or Seattle or even The Jax.

Maybe..........no..........maybe us???? Too far back, and TT has shown some good stuff. But is Elway sold, especially if we come up short this week?

What do you folks think of all of this????
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM.

The new head coach will take Andrew Luck, I think.

Comment

Bradford is surrounded by no talent.

his oline sucks for the most part and all he has is Blloyd.

They would likely trade a couple spots down and either take Kalil or Blackmon.

Assuming the Broncos pick 15-23 or so I don't think they would move that far down.

I love Tebow but if they decided to go in another direction IMO it's Luck or bust. That's not likely.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

I think it all depends on the offers that STL would be getting

With three first round picks you can build around any QB and make him look good

My guess is STL will trade to a desperate team who will sell the farm and their mothers farm for Luck
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
          I think it all depends on the offers that STL would be getting

With three first round picks you can build around any QB and make him look good

My guess is STL will trade to a desperate team who will sell the farm and their mothers farm for Luck
          Lots of agriculture involved!

Comment

The rams have alot invested in Bradford and his contract plus this years production makes him nearly impossible to trade in my opinion. I think they trade the pick since it would have more value than Bradford and will draw more interest than Bradford. And with that said I find it hard to imagine elway not putting a bid in for that pick.

Some would say we are to far back to make that deal happen but here is where my speculation comes in. A three team deal between the jags rams and broncos. Jags get tebow and our first. Rams get the jags first our second and third and next years first second and third and knowshon and possibly Thomas or decker. We get the rams first and jags 3rd.

Maybe that works maybe it wouldnt. But most likely situation in pursuit of that pick would be to pull the jags in if they are even interested in getting tebow and think he is worth that.
            Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 12-29-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Taking 2 QB's 1st overall within 3 years... seems pretty dumb. But who knows. St Louis is CRAZYYYY
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                The rams have alot invested in Bradford and his contract plus this years production makes him nearly impossible to trade in my opinion. I think they trade the pick since it would have more value than Bradford and will draw more interest than Bradford. And with that said I find it hard to imagine elway not putting a bid in for that pick.

Some would say we are to far back to make that deal happen but here is where my speculation comes in. A three team deal between the jags rams and broncos. Jags get tebow and our first. Rams get the jags first our second and third and next years first second and third and knowshon and possibly Thomas or decker. We get the rams first and jags 3rd.

Maybe that works maybe it wouldnt. But most likely situation in pursuit of that pick would be to pull the jags in if they are even interested in getting tebow and think he is worth that.
                That's actually a pretty interesting scenario.

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                Taking 2 QB's 1st overall within 3 years... seems pretty dumb. But who knows. St Louis is CRAZYYYY
                No. I don't see the Ram's taking Luck unless they have a deal in place for Bradford. Then maybe. If not, they'll get the farm for that pick and build around Bradford.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

If we trade DThomas ...this franchise is retarded

Comment

If the Rams get the pick, I think they'll trade it. Rarely, so teams give up on players who were drafted 1st overall after 2 seasons. There's so many teams that would love to get Luck. Redskins, Dolphins, Browns, maybe Jaguars, and heck, maybe even the Seahawks could trade up. The Rams need SO much help on offense, it's crazy. They could get a king's ransom for that pick, and use all those picks on offensive players to help out Bradford.

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    If we trade DThomas ...this franchise is retarded
                    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

The thing for me is, as good as Luck is expected to be, he is not a slam dunk until he proves himself. Bradford was highly acclaimed when he was selected, and I believe he has lost confidence of late. Give him another lineman (Kalil) and some O weapons, and he may become a top quality QB. Therefore I believe St L takes full advantage of a bad season. They get the best trade they can, and load up on young, outstanding players, to fill an abundance of holes. If done correctly, these are the maneuvers that turn teams around, and people for years in the future reminisce on the "big trade" that fast forwarded a team into contention.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        The thing for me is, as good as Luck is expected to be, he is not a slam dunk until he proves himself. Bradford was highly acclaimed when he was selected, and I believe he has lost confidence of late. Give him another lineman (Kalil) and some O weapons, and he may become a top quality QB. Therefore I believe St L takes full advantage of a bad season. They get the best trade they can, and load up on young, outstanding players, to fill an abundance of holes. If done correctly, these are the maneuvers that turn teams around, and people for years in the future reminisce on the "big trade" that fast forwarded a team into contention.
                        Methinks you're right, Can. Who said it? Something about- "Best prospect since Elway? Yeah, they said that about Ryan Leaf too!! Keep who you have and trade the pick". That's my call too.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post

Not a bad deal, and i wouldn't mind it IF we filled holes in free agency.

But i wouldn't include DT or Decker in a deal for Luck as good as he is or may be.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post

How, shawn said we could possibly include DT or Decker, and i agree with 24Champ, it would be stupid to trade Thomas.

He's been one of the best WR's in the league within the last 3-4 weeks, his talent is off the charts.

Comment

And if they get the #1 pick...

I'd say keep Bradford given his contract, and teams may not trade for him, and they'd trade that pick for more picks and/or players, that team is a mess.

I think we'd be too far back to get him though, but if Elway would push for any QB, it's Luck. He's the only player i'd want if we don't go with Tebow.

Comment

Working...
                              X