Why Robert Griffin will NOT be a Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    A team trading up for the 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

I also think the Colts will consider taking Griffin instead of Luck.

Griffin has more upside with that speed and arm strenght in a dome.
    No chance of that happening IMO.

Comment

Not a McCoy fan at all but they should trade down and hope Richardson falls to them or just take Blackmon, or Richardson at 4. Why not?

1. Luck
      2. Kalil
      3. A team WILL trade up here for RG3, be it the Jags or Dolphins, someone is gonna leapfrog the Browns. The best thing the Browns could do is make themselves seem interested.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
        The Browns would be IDIOTS not to take RG3 if he's there. I think he'd bring some excitement to that organization, as well as being a very good or even elite player for them.
        QB is only as good as those around him.

Draft a quarterback after you have drafted a top reciever, top running back, and top offensive lineman and that QB may do very well for you.

Draft a quarterback when you have absolutely NOTHING around him - like the Chargers did with Leaf and you see what happens.

The Browns are not in the position where they have top players around a quarterback - in fact, they have nobody. If the Browns front office is stupid enough to draft a quarterback for the sake of drafting a quarterback it will be 99' all over again. Then, hopefully by 2020 they'll get their stuff together and actually do it right.

If you do it right the first time, you don't have to keep rinsing and repeating - as the Browns have been doing since returning to the league.

The front office needs to do it right and draft running backs, recievers, and offensive lineman before they even THINK of drafting yet another quarterback.

Since 99:
        Pederson
        Couch
        Holcomb
        Wynn
        Garcia
        Dilfer
        Frye
        Anderson
        Quinn
        Delhomme
        Wallace
        McCoy

That is a very long list of starting QB's for the team - and I think I missed a couple. The Browns don't need a 13th quarterback in as many years. Really, that is MORE OF THE SAME. In order to break that pattern, the front office needs to learn from the mistakes of the other ... 7 or so front offices that the Browns have employed. Stop being the same disfunctional front office and team they've been for the past 13 years. Stop signing and drafting quarterbacks on a whim. Stick with McCoy and get talent around him - if he still doesn't produce after getting talent around him - then get a quarterback.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

If RG3 is still available at the Browns pick perhaps they trade down again and stockpile draft picks

Is that a likely scenario that you'd be in favor of CB?

They'd be smart to pick up multiple pieces and build a solid team rather than a single flashy player
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
            If RG3 is still available at the Browns pick perhaps they trade down again and stockpile draft picks

Is that a likely scenario that you'd be in favor of CB?

They'd be smart to pick up multiple pieces and build a solid team rather than a single flashy player
            The Browns have 2 first round draft selections, they do not need to trade down.

They can select a top reciever or a top running back - even a top defensive end or linebacker where they are selecting.

But, I suppose if something good came up, it wouldn't surprise me if the team took offers for their first first round pick.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
            X