Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Fisher expected to choose the Rams HC job over Miami.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Fisher expected to choose the Rams HC job over Miami.

Citing sources familiar with Jeff Fisher's thinking, 101 ESPN St. Louis reports Fisher is "on the verge" of becoming the Rams' next head coach.
    101 ESPN's Howard Balzer cautions "the decision is not final," but reports that Fisher is expected to choose the Rams over the Dolphins by next week or "even sooner." The Rams satisfied The Rooney Rule during Friday's interview with African American Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton, so they can sign a coach to a contract as soon as an agreement is reached. In St. Louis, Fisher is expected to have say in the Rams' GM search, which typically translates to significant power when it comes to personnel decisions.

Just when I thought the Rams could not get any worse lol.... they really need a GM lmao.

Spags

McD

Fisher?

O.O 8O

((I am not talking about all of them being HC obviously. Mcd was the o-coordinator.))
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Ew. Why would he want to go there? I know miami is not as good but ew. Like choosing between a turd sandwich and barf soup. Just starve.
      Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The Rooney Rule is so bogus, it's honestly a slap in the face to coaches that actually do the interview.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          The Rooney Rule is so bogus, it's honestly a slap in the face to coaches that actually do the interview.
          they should do away with it. I would be offended if I was being interviewd becuase they had to do it vs them actually thinking I was a legit candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            they should do away with it. I would be offended if I was being interviewd becuase they had to do it vs them actually thinking I was a legit candidate.
            Exactly....it's so stupid.
            sigpic

Comment

Ew. Why would he want to go there? I know miami is not as good but ew. Like choosing between a turf sandwich and barf soup. Just starve.
              Weak division instead of the AFC East, but if Miami had a top QB, they are a playoff-calibar team imo.

Comment

Go to Miami Fisher! Change them to a 4-3 so you boot Nolan out and the Raiders new GM pick him up!

Comment

#2 pick, franchise QB, and injured players coming back next year. I'd take the Rams...

also a St. Louis newspaper wrote a column on this. Said the Rams' front office and salary cap are in much better shape. Miami's owner kept the team president on, then hired his (the owner's) buddy as GM. It's the same owner who flirted with Harbaugh while he still had a coach last year, then had to keep his coach when Harbaugh took the Niners job. and Fisher already turned down other teams for the way the last coach was treated so again the Rams look better...

Comment

Ew. Why would he want to go there? I know miami is not as good but ew. Like choosing between a turd sandwich and barf soup. Just starve.
                    because he has a franchise QB in Sam Bradford already in place, a legit #1 WR in Brandon Lloyd, they have a high draft pick spot this year, and he can bring defense to the Rams.

But, Fisher is going to have to do away with his conservatism on offense if he wants to succeed and make the most out of this opportunity. calling draw plays on 3rd and long like he did with the Titans, will not get it done.

He needs to go into attack mode with Bradford, and get him some legit stud WR's, and fix that entire team.
                    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

I hope so... and then I hope he decides to bring in his own guys and Dennis Allen goes no where.

Comment

If anyone takes Dennis Allen... I keel them.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing. I want Fisher to go to St. Louis just so that Allen will stay here and continue our awesomeness.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                            we weel feed their feengerteeps to the wolvereens
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                            X