Anyone feel sorry for the Texans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone feel sorry for the Texans ?

Yeah I know injuries happen but IMO they could of been the best team in the NFL.

Their D is possibly the best in the league and has been brilliant under Wade Philips.

The OL and Foster are lights out and they have Andre Johnson.

Even with a 5th round QB throwing 3 awful picks and not able to do much through the air, and Jones fumbling the punt they were still in the game at the end.

If you add Schaub, who was having a pro bowl season, they would of beat the Ravens and would be really tough to beat.

If I'm a Texans fan I would be wondering how that game yesterday would of turned out with Matt Schaub.

They gotta bright future

I do.

Played their hearts out. Keep improving the O and D, and they will be a great contender for a few years.
    sigpic

Comment

I am 50/50 on feeling sorry for the Texans. On the one hand yes because I was rooting for them since they have some former Bronco icons like Wade Phillips but especially Gary Kubiak as head coach. I have always liked that guy ever since he was a backup Q for Elway.

That being said they sustained too many injuries and granted their QB only a rookie played well but made too many mistakes against Baltimore. I do think they could of taken out NE in the Championship as their D would have had Brady running for his life, but we will never know.

Comment

Watching the Texans reminds me so much of the Broncos

Was rooting for them

But to be honest I was also kind of rooting for them to not make the playoffs this season in hopes that we could get Kubiak or Dennison to become our OC
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

I'll put £10 each on the Broncos and the Texans to win the Superbowl next season. Texans are gonna be one of the toughest teams to beat in the league.
          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

TJ Yates lost that game for the Texans. That team would have been scary if Matt Schaub was still starting.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

They have the potential to become a dynasty! #2 in defense without their best defensive player (Mario Williams), best 1/2 combo in Foster & Tate, an elite WR in Johnson and overall a very young team to build on.

I think they are another WR and either CB or S away from winning the NFC South for the next 5-6 years!

Houston Texas=Denver Broncos little brother team!
              sigpic

Comment

If Manning had played this season, do you think the Texans would have won their division?

Comment

Originally posted by bahn View Post
                  If Manning had played this season, do you think the Texans would have won their division?
                  Yup. I would have, although I based my pick of the Texans to go to the Super Bowl before the lockout was tied to the likelihood that Manning wouldn't return. Now that I've seen what the Colts were without Manning, I suspect that they would have struggled against the Texans even if they did have him. They were completely exposed this season.

If Manning's going to retire, they absolutely must take Luck, but if the news comes back that Manning could play for another couple of years, I'd be rooting for them to trade the pick and rebuild the rest of the team. They could get an enormous haul. Imagine what a team like Seattle would give up to acquire Luck.
                  HEAR ME ROAR!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    Yeah I know injuries happen but IMO they could of been the best team in the NFL.

Their D is possibly the best in the league and has been brilliant under Wade Philips.

The OL and Foster are lights out and they have Andre Johnson.

Even with a 5th round QB throwing 3 awful picks and not able to do much through the air, and Jones fumbling the punt they were still in the game at the end.

If you add Schaub, who was having a pro bowl season, they would of beat the Ravens and would be really tough to beat.

If I'm a Texans fan I would be wondering how that game yesterday would of turned out with Matt Schaub.

They gotta bright future
                    i do, i feel very sorry for them

they had a damn solid team, i think had schaub not got injured, they actually possess the kind of team it takes to beat the pats (strong running game, good defense)

it's a shame, they should be high favorites next year though
                    sigpic

Comment

They have a hell of a coaching staff
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep. After we got knocked out I wanted them to win the Super Bowl.

If Schaub had stayed healthy I have no doubt they'd be the best team in the AFC. Probably one of the most balanced teams in the NFL with Schaub running the offense. I'm sure they could score at will and also stop other teams from doing so.

Will be scary next year, especially after a draft to fill in key parts. I really think they'll go WR.
                        LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                        Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

i am happy for kubiak he kept his job with a good dc hire
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The best Free Agent pick up in the entire NFL last year was Wade Phillips.
                            sigpic
                            HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Working...
                            X