• Show
Clear All

• Safety
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
    Jim Tressel new HC of the Colts ?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/20/ji...-coaching-job/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-for-colts-job

I heard Mike Florio talking about this way before the season ended and he said the Colts brought Tressel in for a reason and wasn't to be a replay analyst ... It was to familiarize himself with the organization and see how both him and the players respond to each other
    negative. Chuck Pagano is the new HC.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Jim Tressel new HC of the Colts ?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/20/ji...-coaching-job/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-for-colts-job

I heard Mike Florio talking about this way before the season ended and he said the Colts brought Tressel in for a reason and wasn't to be a replay analyst ... It was to familiarize himself with the organization and see how both him and the players respond to each other

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFan46
    replied
    I think people need to realize that neither Dungy or Caldwell had a huge impact on the Colts. It has always been about Manning. Regardless of who is the coach, that team is awful and Peyton always covered a lot of it up. This past season is proof. Peyton Manning has always been that team. besides him they only have like four good players.

Leave a comment:

• Safety
    replied
    Originally posted by SinePari View Post
    Wow. Two seasons after going 14-2 (and making the SuperBowl) and one season after finishing 10-6, the Colts fire Jim Caldwell. Even with his 2-14 seasons this year, he still has an above .500 record. Should that be the standard? One bad season (even after two good ones) and you're gone?

Personally, I was never a Jim Caldwell fan to begin with. But if you can't measure a coach by cumulative wins and losses, what do you measure him by? By all accounts, most players liked playing for him and he wasn't a coach, like Rex Ryan, who attracted lots of negative attention.
    when you go to the Super Bowl your first year, and then fail to meet any subsquent expectations in the following two years, what do you expect?

Caldwell lost his team after Manning was ruled out. It's his job to ensure that team can still play and perform at a competitive level and he didn't do that.

If he was even a halfway decent head coach, he'd have gotten his players to play better regardless of Manning being out. Belichick made lemonade with lemons, when Tom Brady went down with a torn ACL, and stuck Matt Cassell in.

That's what separates a coach who rides on a great players coattails for success, as opposed to a coach who has a system in place that isn't reliant on any single player, but rather relies ON EVERYONE to step up and perform. That's why Tom Brady and Belichick are 15-5 in the playoffs, and a surefire HOF 1st ballot selection, HC/QB tandem that will be enshrined.

Caldwell sucks, he was a benefactor of Peyton Manning and the rest of Tony Dungy's coaching staff being retained when Tony Dungy retired. nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    That's hilarious! Funny and true lol.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Strimpel
    replied
    Who exactly can they get that would be better than him?

Interesting to see whether or not manning stays now.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    If it wasn't for the new GM, I'd call this purely a scapegoat move. As it is, it's only mostly scapegoating.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    It was kindof like he wasn't there the whole time.

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    started a topic Colts Fire Jim Caldwell

Colts Fire Jim Caldwell

Wow. Two seasons after going 14-2 (and making the SuperBowl) and one season after finishing 10-6, the Colts fire Jim Caldwell. Even with his 2-14 seasons this year, he still has an above .500 record. Should that be the standard? One bad season (even after two good ones) and you're gone?

Personally, I was never a Jim Caldwell fan to begin with. But if you can't measure a coach by cumulative wins and losses, what do you measure him by? By all accounts, most players liked playing for him and he wasn't a coach, like Rex Ryan, who attracted lots of negative attention.
Working...
X