Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL UK Announcing team tomorrow - 2 games possible !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL UK Announcing team tomorrow - 2 games possible !!!

I know alot of UK members come here so just some info.

As we head into the final few weeks of the 2011 NFL season I want to thank you, the fans, for making this a very memorable campaign.

While the action in the United States has been full of twists and turns, drama and record-setting levels of play, we have also enjoyed significant growth and created headlines of our own in the United Kingdom. These included:

Ratings for Sky Sports’ coverage of the NFL increased by 30% year on year
    Red Zone was added to Sky Sports’ coverage and was very popular among our fans.

Our fifth International Series game was held at Wembley Stadium as the Chicago Bears recorded a 24-18 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Our fan feedback ratings suggest this was the best-received of our games to date
    Events surrounding that game increased and included the Fan Forum with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the Fan Rally, the Friday Night Lights screening in Trafalgar Square, the UK Talent Camp, Tailgate and the launch of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for American Football.

Those fantastic events featured legends such as Richard Dent, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis and Brad Johnson and meant there were more ways to enjoy the International Series game and more excitement than ever before
    Television viewing figures rose across all our broadcast partners as more than 6.53 million watched NFL games during the 2011 regular season – an increase of 18% on 2010.

The biggest news with regard to the long-term future of the NFL in the United Kingdom came in October when the NFL owners voted to extend the International Series of games played in this country for a further five years.

We are scheduled to make an announcement tomorrow regarding the International Series in 2012 so keep an eye on nfluk.com for that exciting news.

Each year we conduct extensive research with thousands of fans who come to our game and we listen to your feedback. We are trying to incorporate as much of that as possible into our activities in 2012.

The Registry of Interest (ROI) will not take place this year. Having listened to fan feedback after last year’s game we are going to have a trial year without this extra step and will evaluate the success of the new system. Our NFLUK.com database members and forum visitors will still be the first ones to get all the information about ticketing. This will include details of general admission ticket sales, which will be announced in the run-up to Super Bowl XLVI.

So watch this space and keep checking NFLUK.com for news on the International Series in 2012.

I would like to end by thanking each of you for your continued support of the NFL.

Enjoy the remainder of this season’s playoffs on Sky Sports and the BBC!

Alistair Kirkwood.

So its the Rams, Pats. No news on a second game.

The Rams will be the 'home' team the next 3 years. Goodell said he wants to have the Rams the next 3 years to try and grow a fan base. Two problems with that -

1 - NE have ALOT of fans here (Along with TB, MIA and CHI) so they will vastly outnumber STL fans, It will be more like a Pats home game.

2 - The vast majority of NFL viewers here already have teams and would never switch teams (even if a London franchise ever happened).

I didn't want a horrible match-up, there have been a few lately and viewers here were getting annoyed about this and I could see Wembley not getting sold out

BUT

We will see with the Rams, If Bradford is healthy and they draft Blackmon they have potential.

It was funny when TB announced they would not be coming back to Wembley as they wanted to concentrate on their 'local' fan base, The NFL UK viewers breathed a sigh of relief

Comment

I'm so sorry the Rams get what, like 3 games in London?
      Hopefully Fisher can get them turned around, but football is football, must be cool!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
        I'm so sorry the Rams get what, like 3 games in London?
        Hopefully Fisher can get them turned around, but football is football, must be cool!
        I prefer the Rams over TB, Jags, Jets, etc.......... as I think they have potential with Bradford and Fisher, so we'll see.

Comment

Aww.... I was hoping for a better matchup...
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Terrible game but your hardly going to get a marquee matchup outside of the states.

The Buccs Patriots looked like it had potential at first but that turned ugly fast, I mean the Rams are the team that actually got me into football with the Greatest Show on Turf but they're a hollow shell of that now, I won't be going. Last time I hated it because it was us getting beat by the Niners, and it's a novelty the first few times, but after a while you get sick of just walking about seeing different jerseys everywhere, I'd rather save my money and go to Denver if I was to go to another NFL game anytime soon.

Also, I think I can compare the two experiences, like a lot of these boards who came over for the Wembley game. I went to Tampa Bay to support the Buccs against the Panthers and the atmosphere was absolutely awesome, I refuse to go back to Wembley purely because I felt like I was annoying everyone by cheering for the Broncos at Wembley.

The support is far too varied, but I'd say it goes like this:

1. Dolphins
            2. Patriots
            3. Raiders
            4. Buccaneers
            5. Packers
            6. 49ers
            7. Steelers
            8. Jets
            9. Cowboys
            10. Usually a fair-weather pick, someone who is doing well at the time. Often the Chargers.

Either just give the UK a team, or stop throwing over a team like the ******* Rams to wet our appetite.

Comment

Yeah I would have gone if it was one of our games, purely because I'd like some retribution from when we lost to SF last season. I was the same as you Andy, surrounded by people who supported the 49ers just because they were the home team, I know it's natural but still really annoying.

Rams Pats though? My mate is a Pats fan and will probably want to go, I'm not sure I want to waste my money though, considering I'm saving to go to Denver next year
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

In before someone starts telling us we don't deserve to have a single game played overseas.

I was pretty disappointed to find out they'd gone to one of the most beaten-up franchises in the league right now and locked them in for three years. I mean, I understand why it it the way it is (none of the teams who expect to be contending next year are gonna give up a home game without one heck of a fight)... but it's disappointing nonetheless. I'll still go to Wembley because it takes me all of fifteen minutes to get there and football is football, but I'll be leaving before the crowds unless the Rams shock the world.
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                  In before someone starts telling us we don't deserve to have a single game played overseas.

I was pretty disappointed to find out they'd gone to one of the most beaten-up franchises in the league right now and locked them in for three years. I mean, I understand why it it the way it is (none of the teams who expect to be contending next year are gonna give up a home game without one heck of a fight)... but it's disappointing nonetheless. I'll still go to Wembley because it takes me all of fifteen minutes to get there and football is football, but I'll be leaving before the crowds unless the Rams shock the world.
                  I don't live far away either so I'll be going, I suppose if you live quite far away then you have a harder decision to make.

I don't think the game is too bad though, I was ready to slam the game choice if it was the Bucs or the Jags or someone else quite boring but this does have some potential.

The Rams D is a good unit, IF Bradford stays healthy and they draft Blackmon, along with S-Jax they could be a good team. A lot hinges on Bradford staying healthy though.

I think the Rams have alot of potential and could surprise people (I actually thought Spags getting fired was harsh)

Comment

I'm glad you guys get a game over there (even if it's the Rams). It's an experience all football fans should have a chance to do and not everyone can make the trip over here.

They should rotate the teams so that everyone would have a chance to see their team.
                    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

This looks fishy for the Rams. Three years left on their lease at Edward Jones Dome, three years playing in UK. Might be a way to build support in the UK for the Rams to be the first international football team. But the hire of Fischer doesn't gel with that possibility. Strange. STL fans are ticked off there losing three home games and losing that revenue for the city. Rams need to change their merchadise to...

St. Louis - London Rams

Looks like STL has to build a new stadium in the next three years to stay here. I would love to see a retractable roof dome in STL. I would get tickets in a heartbeat if Denver played in STL in a new stadium.
                      sigpic
                      What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        I'm glad you guys get a game over there (even if it's the Rams). It's an experience all football fans should have a chance to do and not everyone can make the trip over here.
                        Thanks for expressing such a positive sentiment. I really think it's difficult to over-state just how much football fans outside of the US appreciate this game in London once a year. Even if it's not my team, seeing some live 'ball is just awesome, and it really makes the league feel "real"... if that makes sense.

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                        Might be a way to build support in the UK for the Rams to be the first international football team.
                        Eh, I really hope that's not the case. I don't support the idea of a full-time international team at all.
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -

Comment

Thanks for expressing such a positive sentiment. I really think it's difficult to over-state just how much football fans outside of the US appreciate this game in London once a year. Even if it's not my team, seeing some live 'ball is just awesome, and it really makes the league feel "real"... if that makes sense.

Eh, I really hope that's not the case. I don't support the idea of a full-time international team at all.
                          I don't think many fans here want a full time team, not the one's I have spoken to anyway, We just like a decent game or 2 a year

Comment

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone asking for a team. The idea seems to get some press now and then but I think most people realise it wouldn't work very well (if at all). Plus we've all got our own teams we support... even if there was a team in London, and I got to see them every week, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to cheer for them louder than I cheer for the Broncos. It's in my blood!
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -

Comment

NFL needs to drop this.

It is the National Football League

NOT

the International Football League

These are American teams, leave them in America. They have no business in Europe, Canada, or Mexico. The NFL had their own league, NFL Europe. That league folded, let them enjoy their soccer. The least thing we need is an NFL to threaten to move to London.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X