Poll: Does Orton start next year..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
    If he does get another starting QB job in the NFL he will be like one of the only QB's in history who keeps getting starting jobs even though his record is abysmal.

There are so many excuses people can come up with for this guy. Yeah he beat Denver in that last game.. the score was like 7-3... lol

Some of you love saying Tebow is horrible but, Orton barely played better than Tebow in that game and he is a veteran QB, who has been around years longer than Tebow... what does that tell you? lol

The NFL is littered with guys who are out of the league after much fewer losses than Orton but, somehow because this guy looks good in TC he gets chance after chance.

He won't beat out Cassell in KC... maybe someone will bring him in but he will be in the same situation he always ends up in... as soon as the team starts losing, the fanbase will be screaming for the new kid to start.

Orton will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride.. its his lot in the NFL. lol
    The winning record is not a measure of one player or one position. It represents an entire team effort. Yes the Quarterback has a large impact on the game but individual situations need to be taken into account. A lot of teams and quarterbacks get wins due to other dominant parts of the team.

For example:

Kyle Orton: Look at his time with Chicago. Top defense. Run game. All he had to do was manage the game and not make mistakes. They won with him but they didn't win cause of him. He was 21-12.

Tim Tebow: If this defense didn't show up we were essentially done. The one exeption was the Vikings game where the defense still scored a TD and got the pick to seal it. The games we won this defense allowed an amazing 16.9 points per game. That is amazing. That is elite defense right there. He was a part of the team but was not the reason we were there.

Joe Flacco: His record since he entered the league. He is 44-20 as a starter. He is a very average QB. His team was in it not because of him. He was just there.

Matt Cassel: In 2008 and 2010 he had winning records and a combined record of 20-10. Both of those years he was just average and due to a very good team around him he was there. He had the previously 18-1 Patriots team and a Kansas City team with the top rushing attack in the NFL and a solid defense. They made the playoffs in 2010 in spite of him.

Mark Sanchez: His team had him in the confrence round of the playoffs two years in a row. He is bad. He was there cause of his team. Over 3 seasons he has a 27-20 record. He is one of the worst in the league.

Alex Smith: After years of failure and despite actually good and much improved individual performance his team is so good. A huge reason he had a shot to compete for a trip to the superbowl yesterday.

All of these examples of some of the worst and most average quarterbacks in the league shows that a quarterback should not just be measured by wins and losses as the quarterbacks like on this list show can still win with great teams.

It is something that makes me laugh with those that defend Tebow with the expert analysis of he is a winner. I especially love the use of it by the media guys like Brandon Spanno, DMAC and Skip Bayless. They like a lot of others don't have the understanding to actually break down Tebow's play so they say to legit critique and concerns about his play with oh I don't care he is a winner.

And I highly doubt Cassel would beat out Orton. Cassel is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league along with the guys above I just mentioned however Orton is better. I think if the Cheifs can rid of the salary they have tied to Cassel and get rid of him they will. I think Orton starts for Kansas City in 2012. He was instrumental in getting Romeo the job in Kansas City. I am sure after going 2-1 with him Romeo will try to keep Orton around.
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 01-23-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

One word: backup

His starting days are over, barring injury from the teams #1.
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
        If he does get another starting QB job in the NFL he will be like one of the only QB's in history who keeps getting starting jobs even though his record is abysmal.

There are so many excuses people can come up with for this guy. Yeah he beat Denver in that last game.. the score was like 7-3... lol

Some of you love saying Tebow is horrible but, Orton barely played better than Tebow in that game and he is a veteran QB, who has been around years longer than Tebow... what does that tell you? lol

The NFL is littered with guys who are out of the league after much fewer losses than Orton but, somehow because this guy looks good in TC he gets chance after chance.

He won't beat out Cassell in KC... maybe someone will bring him in but he will be in the same situation he always ends up in... as soon as the team starts losing, the fanbase will be screaming for the new kid to start.

Orton will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride.. its his lot in the NFL. lol
        Orton is a 20/20 QB..............his numbers are good between the 20's, but struggles in the redzone. That in itself makes him a backup QB in this league. For Orton to be a winning starting QB he would need to be on a team that is very good on offense, defense and special teams. If you are you can win with Orton, but never because of him, and the only teams out there that need a QB are some of the really bad ones.

Comment

He'll probably continue to be a stop gap QB in the NFL
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
            After what happened here in Chicago with Hanie, there is a lot of support for bringing back Orton to be Cutler's backup.
            If he can't get a starting gig, sure.

Comment

I know that I'm in the miniority, but I think KO could win as a starter in CHI, IF they get another WR/TE
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

ummmm, I think he'll start his period, he's old enough now, puberty should be kicking in sometime relatively soon for him.

that's about all he'll start.
                Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Working...
                X