Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Alex Smith is Now Succeeding (applies to all QBs in fact)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SinePari
    replied
    Originally posted by BalgowlahBronco View Post
    Shame about the 49s O today. Couldnt do anything when it mattered. A few long bombs... bah!
    Yea...but really, shame about that special teams. That defense had Eli and the Giants locked down until that first muffed punt gave them new life. Then that second muffed punt gave New York the game. Without the ST miscues, I think the 49ers win it 17-10.

Kyle Williams needs to go hang out with Quan Cosby and Billy Cundiff...

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
    Its uncanny how similar it is.

Well, you can't really give up on a #1 overall pick for a while. Hell, he was benched a couple of times. They started whats his face over him... uhhh dude from the lions. bah i forget his name but he's really bad.
    Shaun Hill is who I think you're talking about. He's one of the better backups in the league and a game manager type starter. I'm more interested in seeing what they do with Kaepernick. They drafted him in the 2nd and Smith had a decent year.

Leave a comment:

• BalgowlahBronco
    replied
    Shame about the 49s O today. Couldnt do anything when it mattered. A few long bombs... bah!

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
    Smith is still not that good. Kind of reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Give him a top ranked defense and good running game and he will protect the ball and be a decent game manager. Nothing really special about him. It also took like 6 or 7 years to get kind of good. I'm to impatient to wait that long for Tebow to develop.

Edit: 12and4 already said basically the same thing as me.
    Its uncanny how similar it is.

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    Smith's been good enough for the NFL before 7 years. He wouldn't still be hanging around this long without that to sustain him.
    Well, you can't really give up on a #1 overall pick for a while. Hell, he was benched a couple of times. They started whats his face over him... uhhh dude from the lions. bah i forget his name but he's really bad.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    looking at smith's numbers, it's interesting to note that he was sacked 44 times this past season, his most ever, and it coincided with only throwing 5 ints all season

the cool thing about him is, he only had 2 lost fumbles, even with 44 sacks

that's pretty damn good

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
    What? He has been awful before this year.
    I said Smith's been good enough for the NFL before 7 years. He wouldn't still be hanging around this long without that to sustain him.

Leave a comment:

• KnoMo#27
    replied
    Smith's been good enough for the NFL before 7 years. He wouldn't still be hanging around this long without that to sustain him.
    What? He has been awful before this year.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    No I meant 7 years to get good enough for the nfl. Playoffs and other stuff i don't factor into a single players performance.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    amazing what a good to great defense will do for a qb lol

it's good to see smith step up finally , and it's cool that sf stuck with him

if he wins a lombardi, he's going to make the aaron rodgers draft class look better at least

Leave a comment:

• Rockies3384
    replied
    Its Simple. This is how you become a good QB in the NFL.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=204416

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Smith had a different coordinator just about every year. And people that want to compare his situation to Tebow want to get rid of Tebow's coordinator and start over with someone new. Makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• KnoMo#27
    replied
    Smith is still not that good. Kind of reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Give him a top ranked defense and good running game and he will protect the ball and be a decent game manager. Nothing really special about him. It also took like 6 or 7 years to get kind of good. I'm to impatient to wait that long for Tebow to develop.

Edit: 12and4 already said basically the same thing as me.
    Last edited by KnoMo#27; 01-20-2012, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• catsigater
    replied
    The thing is... it took alex what, 7 years? I'm not down for that.

And Alex Smith still sucks lol. Sorry, i have too many niner friends..

He's okay, he's a dilfer type... give him a great defense and he won't turn it over.
    I'm not down with 7 years either.
    What I am down with is commitment on both sides.
    Commitment by the organization to develop the player.
    Commitment by the player to do whatever it takes to get better.

Smith finally got the former and gave the latter, and I believe Tebow is a better QB than Smith.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    7 years to get to the playoffs, not 7 years to win a Super Bowl. He's probably not going to win a Super Bowl.

So, if your concern was waiting 7 years to get to the playoffs, no problem. You can check that one off the list.

It's fun when you can go through that growing pains period and still when some games.
    No I meant 7 years to get good enough for the nfl. Playoffs and other stuff i don't factor into a single players performance.

Leave a comment:

• vcooper3
    replied
    It does help Smith's case that his head coach is a former NFL QB that has provided support and trust. Something that will help Tebow when Elway spends time with him this offseason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X