Tom Coughlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin

I don't think enough is said about Tom Coughlin. I just listened to his press conference and the guy is the consummate professional. He's got a great message that speaks from simplicity and efficiency. He's very to the point, no nonsense and instils that message throughout his team. Work hard and be accountable.

These are the type of messages that can be applied to just about everything in life.

I have to say I used to think he was somewhat of a hack. A little too small minded for the head coach position. Maybe a little too stuck in his ways of the old days. But I think he's balanced himself out and is a great leader. I hope the Giants win this one.

Ronde Barber is sitting at home cringing.

I've always respected Coughlin. Even when he first got there and the players were all "He's too mean!"

Bah!

What a bunch of whiny cwybabies. If they can't handle a football coach, I'd love to see them with a drill sergeant.

I love the Hell out of Coughlin, and I respect him even more.

Comment

One of the coaches I respect the most in the league.

Would love to see him get another Superbowl win, especially after all the people that have complained about him over the years.

On one sideline, you've got a professional and a guy that obviously lives and breathes football but plays it in the right spirit. On the other sideline with Belichick, you've got a guy who would step over his own mother to win a game and employ any type of dirty tricks possible.

Would love to see Coughlin get the better of him again.

Comment

Dude looks like my Grandpa
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

He's awesome. Lot of Giants fans have unfairly *****ed about him the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinbronco View Post
            One of the coaches I respect the most in the league.

Would love to see him get another Superbowl win, especially after all the people that have complained about him over the years.

On one sideline, you've got a professional and a guy that obviously lives and breathes football but plays it in the right spirit. On the other sideline with Belichick, you've got a guy who would step over his own mother to win a game and employ any type of dirty tricks possible.

Would love to see Coughlin get the better of him again.
            Belicheck >>>> Coughlin let's be real

Year after year Pats make trades and moves that simply amaze me because when I see the deals they pull off I wonder how they are the ONLY team in the league doing them ...they make steals left and right while other teams do jack in that department

And when it comes to football knowledge and how to handle a team and play the game ...Belicheck >>>> anyone ...in anything (coaching related) really Belicheck is the best hands down
            Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 02-03-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Football is tough. I'd rather have a tough coach like Tom Coughlin than watch a team without control, playing soft just to collect money and avoid injuries. Then it's up to the general manager to find tough football players that love to compete. Look how hard the Giants play with their backs against the wall. They don't quit. The Bucs might be an example of a team without control.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

According to Charlie Campbell of Pewter Report, the Bucs' coaching staff believed Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount slacked off and partied too much during the 2011 season.

The Bucs' 2011 coaching staff has been fired, so they're now free to vent. Blount and Williams were criticized for rarely hitting the weights and training room, and Williams "in particular was a mess." He reportedly "partied a lot at night," fell asleep in the meeting rooms, and purposely lost weight during the season that left him "frail," lacking the strength to fit off cornerbacks' jams. A top-50 talent, Williams fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft due to concerns with his work ethic and commitment. The Bucs hope to change their team's culture in 2012.
              The head coach must make sure the players are in shape, working hard, learning their assignments. He does not have to become the players' worst enemy, but he has a job to do. A professional football team is not a party, it's not vacation. The soft teams don't win Super Bowls.

Tiki Barber can kiss Manning and Coughlin's rings.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                I don't think enough is said about Tom Coughlin. I just listened to his press conference and the guy is the consummate professional. He's got a great message that speaks from simplicity and efficiency. He's very to the point, no nonsense and instils that message throughout his team. Work hard and be accountable.

These are the type of messages that can be applied to just about everything in life.

I have to say I used to think he was somewhat of a hack. A little too small minded for the head coach position. Maybe a little too stuck in his ways of the old days. But I think he's balanced himself out and is a great leader. I hope the Giants win this one.

Ronde Barber is sitting at home cringing.
                I can say from experience that the Tom Coughlin of the Giants is different than the Tom Coughlin of the Jags. At Jacksonville, he was a rigid disciplinarian. Perhaps he learned from his experience in Jacksonville that some of his methods did not work and modified his coaching techniques with the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
                  I can say from experience that the Tom Coughlin of the Giants is different than the Tom Coughlin of the Jags. At Jacksonville, he was a rigid disciplinarian. Perhaps he learned from his experience in Jacksonville that some of his methods did not work and modified his coaching techniques with the Giants.
                  That's a big sign of character. Someone who can take and understand criticism and then make changes. I do see a different coach from his earlier days but he still has the same resolve.

He's lenient but he takes care of business. I appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
                  X