Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Tebow be in the Top 100 on NFLN?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Vick had a bad year and still had 1500 more yards

    Tebow won't make it
    That is correct. But then again, Vick is Vick. And since he had more turnovers than tebow and just 1500 more total yards- well, if vick is top 50....And he is barely better than tebow in yards and worse in turnovers, and did not do what tebow did for his team, then tebow is bound to crack the top 100 list. maybe at 90.....But I do not see how it could be justified for Vick to make it and tebow to not.

    Like you said. Vick had a bad year. Bad enough to not be top 100? Good enough to be top 100? If it is based on the year and vick makes it. Tebow is in. Count on it.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

    Comment


    • #17
      I say no.

      No way in hell Tebow makes the top 100.
      sigpic

      Hooray, beer!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        No way. Look at the guys in the top 50 last year. They are like elite football players. This is sort of like when Bernie said Tim Tebow is not a better quarterback than Cam Newton but he is a better football player. What
        I said athletes, and I was tempted to put top 20. TT is a freak.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
          When did I say that?
          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...4&postcount=78

          Newton is a good player and talent wise a better pure QB than Tebow right now sure

          But he isn't half the leader or football player

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            I said athletes, and I was tempted to put top 20. TT is a freak.
            To be fair though if that was the criteria there would be a bunch of terrible players who are just athletic who would make the list. Wide receivers, runningbacks and cornerbacks and a lot of them would be ahead of Tebow still. If it was for athletic quarterbacks he would be up there.

            Comment


            • #21
              I said that in regards to winning when Tebow was 7-1, whereas Cam was throwing his teammates under the bus, turning the ball over a lot, and losing.

              Cam is more talented in Tebow in that he is a better passer, stronger arm, and faster. But Tebow was winning games and making plays when it counted.

              That was my point.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                To be fair though if that was the criteria there would be a bunch of terrible players who are just athletic who would make the list. Wide receivers, runningbacks and cornerbacks and a lot of them would be ahead of Tebow still. If it was for athletic quarterbacks he would be up there.
                Fair, but show me a skill player who benches 500 and then runs a sub 5.

                Def should not be in this top 100, he will be though because NFL knows it will get them hits.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                  I said that in regards to winning when Tebow was 7-1, whereas Cam was throwing his teammates under the bus, turning the ball over a lot, and losing.

                  Cam is more talented in Tebow in that he is a better passer, stronger arm, and faster. But Tebow was winning games and making plays when it counted.

                  That was my point.
                  Whatever.

                  At that point of time:

                  3573 Passing Yards
                  15 Passing Touchdowns
                  16 Interceptions

                  554 Rushing Yards
                  13 Rushing Touchdowns
                  2 Lost Fumbles

                  His team was 4-9 at the time. Had the leagues worst defensive unit arguably and that offense as a whole was great. He was a rookie. If all that wasn't equal to half the player than Tebow was. Then my comments are the same as what they were to your comments back then.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                    Fair, but show me a skill player who benches 500 and then runs a sub 5.

                    Def should not be in this top 100, he will be though because NFL knows it will get them hits.
                    Very true. He is a muscle man that is for sure. And yes he will more than likely get in due to the reasons you just said. However didn't they claim players picked the lists ? I think a lot of the list last year was even out of order. And some players by a good bit.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      Very true. He is a muscle man that is for sure. And yes he will more than likely get in due to the reasons you just said. However didn't they claim players picked the lists ? I think a lot of the list last year was even out of order. And some players by a good bit.
                      Yeah they said that, and it's definitely the only reason McNabb got in the last one. The NFL is pretty disingenuous most of the time though. Ratings is ratings.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        Yeah they said that, and it's definitely the only reason McNabb got in the last one. The NFL is pretty disingenuous most of the time though. Ratings is ratings.
                        Yeah and Farve was in it to and much higher than he should have been. Especially after that 2010 disaster of a season. I think that list was last years cause if not then Farve deserves to be that high. But I think it was last years.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Absolutely not.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I say yes because I think he is a great football player. Just needs to work on the whole quarterback thing..
                            sigpic
                            Thanks, MHS!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If you look at it as a list of the top 100 most skilled players, then of course not. If you look at it as the 100 players who had the most positive impact upon their team last season, then he should be on there. It's a matter of perspective I guess.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Tebow is media gold. I think he'll have to make it somewhere in the list. Prob 100 lol.

                                I think Newton will probably be in the 50s.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X