Were the Jets MAD bringing in Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were the Jets MAD bringing in Tebow

I like Tebow, he done a great job here and is a great person, I wish him all the luck in the world, I'm 50/50 on whether he can be a good starting QB, time will tell,

but here in England I follow NFL.com and loads of stuff, like everyone else probably does, and I watch Sportsnation, PTI, Around the Horn, etc.......... and its always all about Tebow.

Champ saying he will start soon, Big Ben commenting on it, and a few other players and a lot of analysts saying its only a matter of time before Sanchez is benched.

I know the Jets don't mind controversy but why bring in this circus, complete madness IMO.

I don't know why the Jags went in for him, they have a young QB, who struggled but was a rookie on a re-building team, so build the team around him.

Crazy.. not sure thats the right word... it's a risk that is for sure.

Maybe Tebow puts unnecessary pressure on Sanchez, maybe he divides the locker room... maybe he really brings it together. it's possible he helps them GEL.

Really can't judge until we see how Tebow fits into that caustic situation in the jets locker room and if he is a catalyst for good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      Crazy.. not sure thats the right word... it's a risk that is for sure.

Maybe Tebow puts unnecessary pressure on Sanchez, maybe he divides the locker room... maybe he really brings it together. it's possible he helps them GEL.

Really can't judge until we see how Tebow fits into that caustic situation in the jets locker room and if he is a catalyst for good or bad.
      True, just can't see how it helps. Some people say it will motivate Sanchez, if he needs motivating then he's probably not the right guy anyway lol

Rex said Tebow could take TWENTY snaps a game, that Tebow package will take up a lot of time in practice, time taken away from Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        True, just can't see how it helps. Some people say it will motivate Sanchez, if he needs motivating then he's probably not the right guy anyway lol

Rex said Tebow could take TWENTY snaps a game, that Tebow package will take up a lot of time in practice, time taken away from Sanchez.
        maybe he 'motivates' the team and elevates them or brings the locker room together...

Maybe he helps the Jets get back to that ground and pound game they were so good at a few years ago. I really don't know.

I mean I can see the logical arguments on where he helps... and I can see the counter point on what he takes away.

Until it all plays out I can't even fathom a guess.. though if it blows up in rexs face I could see it getting really ugly for that team.

Comment

maybe he 'motivates' the team and elevates them or brings the locker room together...

Maybe he helps the Jets get back to that ground and pound game they were so good at a few years ago. I really don't know.

I mean I can see the logical arguments on where he helps... and I can see the counter point on what he takes away.

Until it all plays out I can't even fathom a guess.. though if it blows up in rexs face I could see it getting really ugly for that team.
          My guess is that it blows up in Rex's face.
          sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

On Sportsnation this morning they said it was a matter of time before Tebow starts and if Sanchez throws a pick in TC or pre-season or week one then all the Tebow fans will jump all over him

Really healthy environment lol

Comment

On Sportsnation this morning they said it was a matter of time before Tebow starts and if Sanchez throws a pick in TC or pre-season or week one then all the Tebow fans will jump all over him

Really healthy environment lol
              Any player in the league is replaceable if they dont perform...

Comment

Any player in the league is replaceable if they dont perform...
                Yeah but we both know the pressure of having Tebow as a back-up increases pressure massively.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but I don't see the point in extending his contract (even for cap reasons) and then bringing in Tebow.

Tebow needs to go somewhere where he will be the clear starter, his fans / media will never allow him to be a back-up IMO

Comment

Yeah but we both know the pressure of having Tebow as a back-up increases pressure massively.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but I don't see the point in extending his contract (even for cap reasons) and then bringing in Tebow.

Tebow needs to go somewhere where he will be the clear starter, his fans / media will never allow him to be a back-up IMO
                  I realize the pressure maybe a little more public with Tebow but that being said it's no more prevalent (at least in my eyes) with him there as opposed to anyone else.

I might also add There is no where in the league (except for Maybe and that is a big maybe ) that Tebow would be a 'clear cut' starter.

Comment

I realize the pressure maybe a little more public with Tebow but that being said it's no more prevalent (at least in my eyes) with him there as opposed to anyone else.

I might also add There is no where in the league (except for Maybe and that is a big maybe ) that Tebow would be a 'clear cut' starter.
                    Possibly, A team would have to really buy into him, who needs a QB, Like Miami, or Seattle before they picked up Flynn.

Problem with Tebow as a back-up is Rex / Sanchez will get questions about him every week, as well as the crowd factor with the booing and all the media attention the Jets will get.......... even more then usual !

I suppose they are the one team who don't mind controversy lol

Comment

Possibly, A team would have to really buy into him, who needs a QB, Like Miami, or Seattle before they picked up Flynn.

Problem with Tebow as a back-up is Rex / Sanchez will get questions about him every week, as well as the crowd factor with the booing and all the media attention the Jets will get.......... even more then usual !

I suppose they are the one team who don't mind controversy lol
                      The Jets invite controversy
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Charger$

Comment

From a football stand point no. Mark Sanchez is not very good. He is a bottom of the league quarterback. He handicapped that football team for two seasons and they still went on a run to 2 AFC Championship games. They have a good foundation on defense and with there ability to run the football I think getting Tebow was a decent move. I don't think he is going to be there franchise quarterback but he will be there to push and compete and possibly take over. And I would say that he can possibly do enough if there defense holds strong and they can run the football when he takes over to ride to wins.

From the state of there football team personality and locker room wise adding Tebow and the media attention which comes with it I think they are mad. However teams want to win games. The Jets got a decent prospect player who can add something to the football team possibly in different packages. Something which they used well with Brad Smith. Tebow isn't as dangerous or explosive however he can do it pretty well I am sure. I think he will have atleast 10 touchdowns on the season in the role I think he will be perfect in his role. And he is a better backup quarterback to have then Drew Stanton and for cheap money.

I think he would have been better off somewhere else. But whatever. Good luck to him. My stat prediction is the following if he is used as a change of pace type player:

12 Combined Touchdowns
                        450 Yards Rushing
                        250 Yards Passing
                        75%+ Completion Percentage
                        Last edited by johnlimburg; 04-05-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Sanchez sucks. Bringing in Tebow sends the message perform, or we will replace you.

Comment

Of course. Teh Tebowz is garbage and should be in UFL. NFL coaches should never invite competition. Colin COwher tells me so.

Comment

Mark Sanchez / Eli Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...und-the-league

Mark Sanchez disappointed in his third season as starter with the New York Jets, leading to heavy criticism that he's no longer the answer for Rex Ryan & Co at Florham Park.

Eli Manning is now the owner of two Super Bowl MVP awards with the New York Giants, but he similarly struggled in the early days of his career. Is it unfair to write off Sanchez when his Gotham QB counterpart provides a clear example of the power of patience?
                              3rd season in the NFL:

Eli Manning: 24 TD 18 INT 3.244 YDS 57.7% 77.0 Rating 8-8 Record

M. Sanchez: 26 TD 18 INT 3.474 YDS 56.7% 78.0 Rating 8-8 Record

Sanchez will have to learn a new offense in 2012 (instead of having more experience in Brian Schottenheimer's offense) and now Tebow will put some pressure on him. I don't think this is an ideal way to develop a quarterback.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X