X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HavoK471
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The Jets signed Drew Stanton to add competition, and then it was time to surround Mark Sanchez with better weapons (And by the way, the Colts are interested in Byron Leftwich - will Stanton ask for another trade?). That 4th round pick could be a WR, RB or OL (they have problems on the right side) to help Sanchez. And their mid 6th round pick became a late 7th.

But what the Broncos did in 2010 was even worse (it made even less sense). McDaniels traded Cutler and brought Kyle Orton. Okay, risky move, but then he should develop Orton, right? The deal that sent Tebow to the Jets was similar to the deal that sent Brady Quinn to Denver. Quinn was needed competition and a decent option as the #2 QB, but the Broncos lost 2 draft picks (5th and 6th round picks) and Peyton Hillis.

After the trade for Brady Quinn, McDaniels gave 3 draft picks (2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks) to select Tebow in the 1st round. Orton was the starter replacing Jay Cutler. Quinn was his competition. Another QB? In the 1st round? That was crazy. The Broncos could have done a lot of things with those 3 draft picks, and that draft trade could have added Rob Gronkowski or a DT (Jared Odrick) to the roster.

Instead of surrounding the current QBs with better weapons, McDaniels brought another QB. 3 QBs that wanted to start. Orton was the starter, Quinn and Tebow were 1st round picks waiting for a chance. Overload. And the team did not have a receiving TE to replace Tony Scheffler. The defense had a lot of holes. If the Jets were mad, the Broncos were completely insane.
    I'll never truely understand the thought process behind what the Broncos did

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    The Jets signed Drew Stanton to add competition, and then it was time to surround Mark Sanchez with better weapons (And by the way, the Colts are interested in Byron Leftwich - will Stanton ask for another trade?). That 4th round pick could be a WR, RB or OL (they have problems on the right side) to help Sanchez. And their mid 6th round pick became a late 7th.

But what the Broncos did in 2010 was even worse (it made even less sense). McDaniels traded Cutler and brought Kyle Orton. Okay, risky move, but then he should develop Orton, right? The deal that sent Tebow to the Jets was similar to the deal that sent Brady Quinn to Denver. Quinn was needed competition and a decent option as the #2 QB, but the Broncos lost 2 draft picks (5th and 6th round picks) and Peyton Hillis.

After the trade for Brady Quinn, McDaniels gave 3 draft picks (2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks) to select Tebow in the 1st round. Orton was the starter replacing Jay Cutler. Quinn was his competition. Another QB? In the 1st round? That was crazy. The Broncos could have done a lot of things with those 3 draft picks, and that draft trade could have added Rob Gronkowski or a DT (Jared Odrick) to the roster.

Instead of surrounding the current QBs with better weapons, McDaniels brought another QB. 3 QBs that wanted to start. Orton was the starter, Quinn and Tebow were 1st round picks waiting for a chance. Overload. And the team did not have a receiving TE to replace Tony Scheffler. The defense had a lot of holes. If the Jets were mad, the Broncos were completely insane.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Jets were absolute idiots in pursuing Tebow.

They should have done whatever they could to help Sanchez, after recently signing him to a big contract. Instead, they decide to go after Tebow?!

It makes no sense whatsoever.
    I agree

It would've made a bit of sense if they didn't just invest in Sanchez and actually wanted a bit of competition

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    The Jets were absolute idiots in pursuing Tebow.

They should have done whatever they could to help Sanchez, after recently signing him to a big contract. Instead, they decide to go after Tebow?!

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Sparano wants to run his version of the Single Wing a certain number of snaps/situations per game. That kind of a switch can put a lot of pressure on defenses. TT is the perfect guy for that. Jets must feel they can handle the lockerroom as well as Mark Sanchez' psyche.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Mark Sanchez / Eli Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...und-the-league

Mark Sanchez disappointed in his third season as starter with the New York Jets, leading to heavy criticism that he's no longer the answer for Rex Ryan & Co at Florham Park.

Eli Manning is now the owner of two Super Bowl MVP awards with the New York Giants, but he similarly struggled in the early days of his career. Is it unfair to write off Sanchez when his Gotham QB counterpart provides a clear example of the power of patience?
    3rd season in the NFL:

Eli Manning: 24 TD 18 INT 3.244 YDS 57.7% 77.0 Rating 8-8 Record

M. Sanchez: 26 TD 18 INT 3.474 YDS 56.7% 78.0 Rating 8-8 Record

Sanchez will have to learn a new offense in 2012 (instead of having more experience in Brian Schottenheimer's offense) and now Tebow will put some pressure on him. I don't think this is an ideal way to develop a quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Of course. Teh Tebowz is garbage and should be in UFL. NFL coaches should never invite competition. Colin COwher tells me so.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Sanchez sucks. Bringing in Tebow sends the message perform, or we will replace you.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    From a football stand point no. Mark Sanchez is not very good. He is a bottom of the league quarterback. He handicapped that football team for two seasons and they still went on a run to 2 AFC Championship games. They have a good foundation on defense and with there ability to run the football I think getting Tebow was a decent move. I don't think he is going to be there franchise quarterback but he will be there to push and compete and possibly take over. And I would say that he can possibly do enough if there defense holds strong and they can run the football when he takes over to ride to wins.

From the state of there football team personality and locker room wise adding Tebow and the media attention which comes with it I think they are mad. However teams want to win games. The Jets got a decent prospect player who can add something to the football team possibly in different packages. Something which they used well with Brad Smith. Tebow isn't as dangerous or explosive however he can do it pretty well I am sure. I think he will have atleast 10 touchdowns on the season in the role I think he will be perfect in his role. And he is a better backup quarterback to have then Drew Stanton and for cheap money.

I think he would have been better off somewhere else. But whatever. Good luck to him. My stat prediction is the following if he is used as a change of pace type player:

12 Combined Touchdowns
    450 Yards Rushing
    250 Yards Passing
    75%+ Completion Percentage
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 04-05-2012, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Possibly, A team would have to really buy into him, who needs a QB, Like Miami, or Seattle before they picked up Flynn.

Problem with Tebow as a back-up is Rex / Sanchez will get questions about him every week, as well as the crowd factor with the booing and all the media attention the Jets will get.......... even more then usual !

I suppose they are the one team who don't mind controversy lol
    The Jets invite controversy

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    I realize the pressure maybe a little more public with Tebow but that being said it's no more prevalent (at least in my eyes) with him there as opposed to anyone else.

I might also add There is no where in the league (except for Maybe and that is a big maybe ) that Tebow would be a 'clear cut' starter.
    Possibly, A team would have to really buy into him, who needs a QB, Like Miami, or Seattle before they picked up Flynn.

Problem with Tebow as a back-up is Rex / Sanchez will get questions about him every week, as well as the crowd factor with the booing and all the media attention the Jets will get.......... even more then usual !

I suppose they are the one team who don't mind controversy lol

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Yeah but we both know the pressure of having Tebow as a back-up increases pressure massively.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but I don't see the point in extending his contract (even for cap reasons) and then bringing in Tebow.

Tebow needs to go somewhere where he will be the clear starter, his fans / media will never allow him to be a back-up IMO
    I realize the pressure maybe a little more public with Tebow but that being said it's no more prevalent (at least in my eyes) with him there as opposed to anyone else.

I might also add There is no where in the league (except for Maybe and that is a big maybe ) that Tebow would be a 'clear cut' starter.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Any player in the league is replaceable if they dont perform...
    Yeah but we both know the pressure of having Tebow as a back-up increases pressure massively.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but I don't see the point in extending his contract (even for cap reasons) and then bringing in Tebow.

Tebow needs to go somewhere where he will be the clear starter, his fans / media will never allow him to be a back-up IMO

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    On Sportsnation this morning they said it was a matter of time before Tebow starts and if Sanchez throws a pick in TC or pre-season or week one then all the Tebow fans will jump all over him

Really healthy environment lol
    Any player in the league is replaceable if they dont perform...

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    maybe he 'motivates' the team and elevates them or brings the locker room together...

Maybe he helps the Jets get back to that ground and pound game they were so good at a few years ago. I really don't know.

I mean I can see the logical arguments on where he helps... and I can see the counter point on what he takes away.

Until it all plays out I can't even fathom a guess.. though if it blows up in rexs face I could see it getting really ugly for that team.
    On Sportsnation this morning they said it was a matter of time before Tebow starts and if Sanchez throws a pick in TC or pre-season or week one then all the Tebow fans will jump all over him

Really healthy environment lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X