X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Williams Saints Bounty Audio

Here's the article that it came from:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl..._bounty_040412
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM. Reason: removed additional links containing profanity
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Unbelievable stuff. I expect him to be banned for life...I'm all for tough football, but there's no place for that in the NFL.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

What a pig.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

If you're dumb enough to give a speech like that when you've been told the NFL is investigating bounties, then you deserve the punishment Goodell handed out.

Talking about targeting specific injuries, that's the smoking gun.

What an idiot. :smh:
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

I understand the "Cut off the head and body will fall" part not really dirty there because you want the defense to hit hard and play physical if you hit a player hard he won't want the ball again.

The things that were messed up and sickening was him naming the players and telling them specifically what to hurt and how to hurt the players. We don't play this game to hurt people. Yes it happens because it's a violent sport but you NEVER try to go out and hurt another person.
          Follow me on Twitter
          @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

This is pretty bad. I would imagine this guy is banned for life.

Comment

Exploit your enemies weakness..

We're talking about the nfl.. this seems like its common place. Your telling me other tenacious Ds dont go after a players injuries
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                This is pretty bad. I would imagine this guy is banned for life.
                I hope he is personally.

He did this knowing the investigation was in full swing and had been warned. I think either

1 he was full of himself and thought he couldn't be touched to this degree
                2 he knew it was coming down and wanted 1 more ring before it did and didn't care what it took
                3 He was that arrogant and stupid at the same time

I personally see no place for this kind of stuff anywhere in any sport, to actually target specific players to go after to hurt in specific ways and areas classless
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
                  Exploit your enemies weakness..

We're talking about the nfl.. this seems like its common place. Your telling me other tenacious Ds dont go after a players injuries
                  I don't think its common place to tell your team to take out a specific players ACL and if it is it needs to change imo cause that is wrong. People get hurt because its a tough hard hitting game but no one should be coaching players to hit in a way to hurt specific players in specific spots just to take them out. You end careers that way. These guys have families.

IMO dirty football right there. Somebody should take out that coaches ACL. I sincerely hope he is banned for life, and with the current law suits and future worries of them, with this tape released, I don't see how RG can't ban him for life.

Comment

He could easily be sued if any of the players can prove they were targeted AND hurt by this.
                    sigpic

Comment

I hope Williams gets banned for life, and someone punches him in the mouth. He makes the NFL look bad.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        I don't think its common place to tell your team to take out a specific players ACL and if it is it needs to change imo cause that is wrong. People get hurt because its a tough hard hitting game but no one should be coaching players to hit in a way to hurt specific players in specific spots just to take them out. You end careers that way. These guys have families.

IMO dirty football right there. Somebody should take out that coaches ACL. I sincerely hope he is banned for life, and with the current law suits and future worries of them, with this tape released, I don't see how RG can't ban him for life.
                        most of it was fine.. taking out the ACL was a little too far.

players/commentators on SC keep saying that this speach wasnt that big of a deal.

there has to be evidence far worse than this for him to have received the punishment he did
                        sigpic

Comment

What hit me hard was the going after players heads that already had cuncussions(sp?). What if you make them injured for them or snap a nerve or something? I would never be able to keep that on my head for the rest of my life. Shame on the players if they actually believed this guy
                          Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
                            most of it was fine.. taking out the ACL was a little too far.

players/commentators on SC keep saying that this speach wasnt that big of a deal.

there has to be evidence far worse than this for him to have received the punishment he did

Well sir you and I will have to just disagree in a vigorous manner. As I stated before If it is no big deal for coaches to coach players to hit specific players in specific spots like bulls eyes on a dart board with the intention of physically harmming that part of that players body then it needs to change across the board not just here.

IMO that is sick. UP until I heard that I was listening to talk about criminal charges and thinking the press is blowing it way out. Now I understand why they are talking about that. I don't by any means think that criminal charges should be involved at this point, it should be left up to the nfl and its people to police this . But I do consider what he was doing as borderline criminal. Its one thing to coach a player to go after there star reciever and hit him hard and make him think about it. BUT TO COACH THEM TO ACTUALLY TAKE OUT HIS ACL. Nope in my book he should be banned from the NFL period. And if any college takes him, which I'm sure they will, they should be ashamed.

I think someone should injure him with one shot and ruin his career and see how he and his family like it cause that is what he was asking his teem to do to the other players.

What he did was dirty and wrong and like I said if some people on some teams think its okay to target a specific players ACL and take it out then I think the culture of atleast that team if not the whole league needs changing.
                            I do not know about other teams, but I know what I heard from the man himself and it was over the line imo.

Side Note: For once I agree with and support what Roger is doing, kind of a wierd scary feeling
                            Last edited by FL BRONCO; 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

This talk about the outside ACL keeps reminding me about Eric Decker
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X