Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears sign CBs Hayden, Wilhite articles

Jeff Dickerson ‏ @ESPNChiBears

Bears have agreed to terms on one-year deal with CB Johathan Wilhite.

Do you guys have anything on this player? If so what did you guys think of him?
    Bear Down

His best plays were as a pass rusher from the secondary, I remember I clutch sack against Cincy and one other. In coverage I remember a lot of catches and tackles.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by EL ROCKSTEADY View Post
      Jeff Dickerson ‏ @ESPNChiBears

Bears have agreed to terms on one-year deal with CB Johathan Wilhite.

Do you guys have anything on this player? If so what did you guys think of him?

Yeah, I hate to be "that guy", but he was among the worst CB's in our secondary last year.

Like the guy above me said, not bad off a corner blitz. But not a very good corner.
      Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

I believe he was benched in favor of Chris Harris for poor play. IIRC, he was hurt for a few plays one game and Harris came in and made big plays which led to him losing his spot.

Comment

He spent less than one year in our banged up secondary and lost his starting spot after being the odd man out in a terrible new england secondary. Not gunna miss him at all.

Just a depth filler for the bears I guess.
          sigpic

Comment

When I payed attention to him I thought he was decent depth. Shouldn't be relied on as a full time starter but makes for decent depth

Comment

Good tackler, Nate Jonesque in coverage. But good on nickle blitzes.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Wilhite was once tied with Miller with sacks at the beginning of the season, but lost his nickle job against Harris by week 9-10.

Comment

Well I wish you guys the best with him but in my hones opinion not sorry to see him gone. He lacked in coverage. I got the feeling qbs would look to see who he was covering. I am very grateful for Harris, what a pick up for us. Hope he does better for you.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

We have Vaugn, Harris, and Squid. We don't need him.
                    So cal Water Polo player Broncos fan

In his first start T.J Yates has tied Tony Romo for playoff wins.

Comment

Wasn't horrible, but not great.

Solid tackler, not a great cover guy, and we got some young CB's coming back, no big loss.

Comment

Bears sign CBs Hayden, Wilhite articles

Chicago native Kelvin Hayden, a former second-round pick of the Colts, and former Patriots fourth-round pick Jonathan Wilhite each agreed to a one-year contract with the club Thursday.

Hayden signed for the veteran minimum of $825,000 while the terms of Wilhite's deal were not immediately available. Securing two cornerbacks seems to indicate the Bears will target a defensive end with the 19th overall pick April 26 in the NFL draft.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,292443.story

Comment

Working...
                        X