Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow to be used as punt protector

From Adam Schefter on Facebook:

Jets have told quarterback Tim Tebow that they plan to use him on special teams as the punt protector.

this is the broncos forum you should take this to one of the many jets forums

Comment

Honestly. Who cares? Not a Bronco.

Comment

10:1 odds the jets run a fake punt pass or punt run with tebow this year.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

LOL.. wow really?? thats messed up.. since when is a qb used on special teams besides the hold on fgs? and now a days punters hold for kickers when attempting kicks.

Talk about a demotion. I would be insulted if I was Tebow

Comment

Yeah I know this is the Broncos forum. I'm not a Jets fan so I'm not going to post on the Jets forum. I thought this was an interesting and funny topic for everyone to take a look at.

http://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter

Comment

Originally posted by Gouger View Post
              Yeah I know this is the Broncos forum. I'm not a Jets fan so I'm not going to post on the Jets forum. I thought this was an interesting and funny topic for everyone to take a look at.

http://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter
              It's fine if you post it on the boards but you should put it in the correct section (as in not here)

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 That is the section of the forums to post news and discuss non-broncos football.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow just wow

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                  LOL.. wow really?? thats messed up.. since when is a qb used on special teams besides the hold on fgs? and now a days punters hold for kickers when attempting kicks.

No, it's just one of the ways they want to use him... give the permanent threat of fake.

They did it with Brad Smith as well when he was their 'wildcat' QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post

He's there to receive a direct snap and get first downs. But in order for it to have any surprise value, he's got to be out there every time.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                      No, it's just one of the ways they want to use him... give the permanent threat of fake.

They did it with Brad Smith as well when he was their 'wildcat' QB.
                      I probably don't need to point out that Brad Smith isn't an NFL QB. If Tebow doesn't put his foot down, then he may as well retire now, because his career is over.

Comment

Who is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?

That's an.... Interesting way for hin to get playing time. Hopefully for them he gets more than that, because they did spend a 4th and 6th for him.
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by contract View Post
                          I probably don't need to point out that Brad Smith isn't an NFL QB. If Tebow doesn't put his foot down, then he may as well retire now, because his career is over.
                          I predict that he'll have more playing time at QB this year than Quinn or Orton

Perhaps he will have fixed his throwing motion and developed some consistency in the off season. First punt of the year, a 12 yard strike to a gunner for a first down, or maybe a 40 yard bomb for a TD ?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                            Who is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?

That's an.... Interesting way for hin to get playing time. Hopefully for them he gets more than that, because they did spend a 4th and 6th for him.

They also got a 7th from the Broncos, so they really didn't "spend" a 6th as well. It was Tebow and a 7th to the Jet's for their 4th and 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
                              They also got a 7th from the Broncos, so they really didn't "spend" a 6th as well. It was Tebow and a 7th to the Jet's for their 4th and 6th.
                              You still get my point though. The 4th is still a good pick, and we basicially traded up into the 6th round too by trading Tebow.
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X