Front page of NFL.com Eli vs Romo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front page of NFL.com Eli vs Romo???

Am I the only one completely disgusted by that?

I'm sorry if Eli Manning isn't as flashy or exciting as Michael Vick or even maybe his brother. But Eli has done time and time again what 90% of QB's in this league can't do.

Be consistent and clutch when all is on the line
    Beat Tom Brady............................................. ..... twice

Eli has 2 Superbowl Rings at the end of the day against 2 of the greatest figurines in the history of football. Arguably the greatest coach ever to pick up a pad and arguable the greatest ever to throw a pigskin...

Plus the kid's career is far from over..

I'm sorry but Romo, and Flacco who think they're the beez-neez of football.. don't come anywhere close.. PERIOD

CONCLUSION
    The debate between Romo and Manning puts evaluators in a quandary when deciding whether to value raw talent and production over intangibles and postseason success. While Romo certainly possesses the skill set to guide a team to a championship, the fact that he hasn't been able to get the Cowboys over the hump prevents me from placing him above Manning. The reigning Super Bowl MVP has emerged as one of the league's best quarterbacks in the clutch, and his ability to win big games earns him the nod, despite the disparity in talent.

From the end of the article he does give eli the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      From the end of the article he does give eli the nod.
      They shouldn't be in the same sentence.. lol

Comment

Yea it makes me laugh every time when people compare Eli to Romo. Only Cowboy fans actually think that Romo is better than Eli. I love when football season starts, and Eli throws 2 ints in the 1st quarter of a game, and then I see Cowboy fans saying " Romo is better than Eli and it isn't even close". Last year a Cowboy buddy of mine on facebook said that, and then when Eli won the Superbowl last year, I said the same thing
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Eli>>>>>>>>> Romo>>> Vick

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post

I'm sorry if Eli Manning isn't as flashy or exciting as Michael Vick or even maybe his brother.
            And Romo is? (Not directing that at you, just the people who think Romo is better).

I would take Eli over Tony in a heartbeat. IMO, Romo is the most overrated QB in the NFL. He is a good QB, but people act like he belongs in the Top 5. The dude has been to the playoffs 3 times and only won one playoff game. Eli has 2 Superbowl titles, and both over a very tough foe in New England. I used to not like Eli Manning, but he has improved a lot over the years.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

LOL. Why is this even up for question?

Comment

I think the comparison is becuase they are division rivals.
                Washington has no one to compare and Vick, well he has to finish a whole season first...

Eli > Romo. that is obvious.
                Articles in the slow part of the off season
                sigpic

Comment

I think people have to be careful seperating TEAMS winning SB's and QB's winning SB's.

Eli is better then Romo, Romo is not a top 15 QB IMO.

I like Eli and would 'probably' put him in the top 5 QB's but Brady, PM and Rodgers are on a different planet from everyone else IMO.

NY were 9-7 last year and probably were not the best football team, but the D stifled GB when they played and forced TO's and then Eli produced a great drive to beat NE in a tight, defensive SB (although if Welker makes a pretty easy catch NE win).

The NFL is not like the NBA, its a one off game and anything can happen. So yes, I like Eli, but I'm not putting him up there with the other 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post

I'm sorry if Eli Manning isn't as flashy or exciting as Michael Vick or even maybe his brother. But Eli has done time and time again what 90% of QB's in this league can't do.

Be consistent and clutch when all is on the line
                    Beat Tom Brady............................................. ..... twice

Eli has 2 Superbowl Rings at the end of the day against 2 of the greatest figurines in the history of football. Arguably the greatest coach ever to pick up a pad and arguable the greatest ever to throw a pigskin...

Plus the kid's career is far from over..

I'm sorry but Romo, and Flacco who think they're the beez-neez of football.. don't come anywhere close.. PERIOD
                    I agree with your opinion of Eli. He has proven to be a true clutch QB, way better than Romo. But your comment on Belichick being arguably the greatest coach? Sorry, but coaches who cheat shall never be considered great.
                    sigpic

Comment

Romo is no where near Eli
                      A more apt comparison would be who is better between Vick and Romo

Eli clearly has proven he is the best qb in that division

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Romo is not a top 15 QB IMO.
                        Name 15 better

Comment

And i think Romo is pretty underrated.

You can really blame him for 2 games, the Jets/Lions games, aside from that, he was pretty dang good. Is it his fault his defense couldn't make a stop to save it's life.

That said, Eli is probably better, guy is clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            And i think Romo is pretty underrated.

You can really blame him for 2 games, the Jets/Lions games, aside from that, he was pretty dang good. Is it his fault his defense couldn't make a stop to save it's life.

That said, Eli is probably better, guy is clutch.
                            No, he isn't probably better. He IS better, there should be no debate over that.

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                              No, he isn't probably better. He IS better, there should be no debate over that.
                              Never said there was lol.

Romo is easily top 10 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X