This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow Looks Shaky at QB During Jets' OTAs

Sanchez apparently looks a lot better than Tebow during these sessions so far. Tebow apparently threw 2 INTs close together today. But he looked good on the punt team!

Members of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rback-at-otas/

My thoughts: I loved Tebow while he was here, and I was really sad to see him go, but the more I'm subjected to the media circus that has followed him to NY, the more I'm kinda glad we don't have to deal with that anymore with the Broncos. Originally, I wanted the Broncos to keep Tebow to be Manning's backup, but now I see that doing so would have just made the situation with the media coverage worse, and the team's focus might have suffered as a result. It's nothing against Tim, but the media attention is just too distracting. Also, replacing him with PEYTON FREAKING MANNING didn't hurt too much.

Sure feels good to see the reports of Manning next to this one. Manning is looking like he did 2 years ago

But we all know Tebow is not a practice QB. His moments to shine will be when the pressure is on. No matter how bad Tebow is, he won't fail because he choked. He's no choker. His problems are different. Kyle Orton is a choker for instance. Orton can make every NFL throw there is but when the pressure is on he crumbles.

Make no mistake, Tebow is going to make some HUGE plays this season. But he may never be ready to take the reigns full time -
    Last edited by dizzolve; 05-24-2012, 12:15 PM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Seems like quite a microscope -- they open up one session of OTA's, not much to conclude from that.

At least we're not hearing about errant balls bouncing in the parking lot. Tim needs to get rid of the ball quickly and in rhythm. If he throws a few picks in OTA's to do that, good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
        Seems like quite a microscope -- they open up one session of OTA's, not much to conclude from that.

At least we're not hearing about errant balls bouncing in the parking lot. Tim needs to get rid of the ball quickly and in rhythm. If he throws a few picks in OTA's to do that, good.
        That's really my point. One day of OTA's really doesn't say anything about how Tebow or Sanchez will perform once the season starts. But the media pressure surrounding Tebow is so intense (arguably worse here in NY than it was in Denver) that even something this minor becomes "important news". The absence of the media circus is the reason I think we're better off without Tebow in Denver now; it has nothing to do with Tebow's apparent quality of play.

Comment

Speaking of drawing conclusions from insufficient data, I would say he looks better to my eye in this video just posted. It's just walk-through, but things seem incrementally smoother.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-Jets-practice

Comment

@ "I'm tired of Tebow coverage" in the same post as a Tebow coverage report

What NY is going through is eerily similiar to Training Camp in Denver last year. We just need the chef to report that Tebow might be promoted to 4th string

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Tebow threw two interceptions today in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                @ "I'm tired of Tebow coverage" in the same post as a Tebow coverage report
                It's not even that I'm sick of coverage of Tebow. I'm still a fan of his and I'm really interested to see how his career goes in the future. I'll probably read any report that gets published about Tebow, because I'm curious about his progress.

But that's the reason I'm beginning to see why he HAD to be traded; the media microscope is just too much and over time I think it wears on the subject of the scrutiny, the rest of the team, and even the fan base. I'll read the reports no matter what, but I'm glad that the team suffering any ill effects from the barrage of attention is NOT the Denver Broncos. As much as I like Tebow, it's not worth the constant pressure-cooker media atmosphere to have him on the Broncos in a backup role. The media is just too crazy when it comes to this kid.

Comment

I like all the coaches in the background screaming for him to get rid of the ball.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So glad the circus left town
                    will be interesting to see it from the other side for once

Comment

Tebow just joined the team and Sanchez has been there for 4 years. Of coure Sanchez should look better. I didn't think Tebow looked bad though.

Comment

Im a huge broncos fan (im sure we all are), and with that said , being that Tebow was a bronco i would root for him to be succeful in the NFL! im a huge fan of the underdog and would like to see him succed!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess Tebow has a new knick name "LOLO" in the Jets locker room. :clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...130722738.html
                          sigpic
                          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                            I guess Tebow has a new knick name "LOLO" in the Jets locker room. :clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...130722738.html
                            Sheeeee look-a-like-a-man.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              Sheeeee look-a-like-a-man.
                              Are you kidding? She's really attractive!

Comment

Working...
                              X