• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Mangold's quest to unite Tim Tebow, Lolo Jones

Nick Mangold's quest to unite Tim Tebow, Lolo Jones

By Dan Hanzus
    Writer
    Published: May 29, 2012 at 05:32 p.m. Updated: May 29, 2012 at 08:20 p.m.

Tim Tebow and Lolo Jones aren't dating. It's unlikely they ever will, but New York Jets center Nick Mangold isn't ready to give up on creating the most chaste couple in American sport.

"It's now my new goal," Mangold said in a chat with "NFL Total Access" that aired at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday. "This is how I'm going to spend my spring. Usually I try and do a little golfing, but that isn't going so well. So now it's matchmaking."

Mangold was the instigator last week in the Jets' locker room, leading a "Lolo" chant as reporters crowded around the quarterback's locker. Jones made news recently when she announced on Twitter (and a subsequent HBO profile) that she was saving herself for marriage. (Tebow has publicly made a similar vow.)

"I was actually pushing for Tim and Lolo Jones to, you know, 'get united,' " Mangold said of his chant.

The always-entertaining Mangold touched on a few other topics in his chat with NFL Network, including Rex Ryan's weight loss, QB hand moisturizing and the Olympic quest of Holley, his champion weight-lifter sister.

On future Ryan predictions: "I predict that he's going to continue to talk about his weight loss. He looks fantastic because he's losing the weight and everything, but he looks kind of ridiculous because he's still wearing the same clothes ... so it's like he's wearing a tent. He looks fantastic. It's awesome for him, and I couldn't be happier that he's been able to stick to his diet."

On whether Ryan will let him leave the team to watch his sister compete in London: "He did offer it to me, but I don't think I can in the middle of training camp. But we'll figure out a way to watch it. ... As far as I know, I can always out-lift her."

On the eternal "Softest hands: Tebow or Sanchez?" debate: "That's a tough call. Both seem to moisturize pretty well. Take good care of themselves. We'll really find out come the nitty-gritty of training camp, when there's not a lot of time to put in for personal hygiene and what not and see what they're doing."

Add exfoliation to the list of reasons why the Jets should have returned to "Hard Knocks."
    Where is this season going?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...ontinuous=true

lol @ asking who has the softer hands
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

So who's gonna start the "Official I love LoLo Jones" thread?

She's got a rockin body, FYI

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

That's pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

I think you just volunteered

Comment

I had no idea Mangold was so funny.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

She's pretty darned ripped. 'Course.. I'd expect that from a professional athlete of her caliber.

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                She's pretty darned ripped. 'Course.. I'd expect that from a professional athlete of her caliber.

meh........

Comment

Pictures of her when she's not competing are much more flattering.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                    Pictures of her when she's not competing are much more flattering.
                    She's really not that special IMO... no butt, hips, or boobs.. just ripped. Gimme a girl with some hips and booty anyday.

She looks so bad in a dresss..

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                      She's really not that special IMO... no butt, hips, or boobs.. just ripped. Gimme a girl with some hips and booty anyday.

She looks so bad in a dresss..

Idk, she hits a vibe with me and I can't put my finger on it. Kind of like the slightly awkward/goofy athletic girl with the cute face.

I bet you when she stops competing and lets her body relax she could easily turn into a fox. Right now pictures with her that show all her muscles aren't flattering.

And I'm not saying I would put her on my celebrity crush list but she's on the bubble.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

Neatest thing I learned from this article is Nicks sister made her dream of the Olympics come true Good for her.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Shee looka like a man....
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

What round is he projected to be drafted in?

Comment

I'm not particularly fond of muscular chicks

Comment

Working...
                              X