Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Rookie vs. Vet Battle on Every NFL Roster Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Rookie vs. Vet Battle on Every NFL Roster Thread!

The NFL is a league of constant change. Only a select few players have any kind of job security; everyone else is fighting to keep his job every single year.

As an influx of young talent bursts onto the scene, older veterans must prove that they are still effective and worth paying a little extra to have around.

However, teams are always looking to get younger, and the faster you can insert younger players into the starting lineup, the faster they can develop. You decide what will be a great battle of the ages!!!
    sigpic

Originally posted by 350legend View Post
    However, teams are always looking to get younger, and the faster you can insert younger players into the starting lineup, the faster they can develop. You decide what will be a great battle of the ages!!!
    True, unless you are talking about the Browns. They are looking to get "older".
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by 350legend View Post
      The NFL is a league of constant change. Only a select few players have any kind of job security; everyone else is fighting to keep his job every single year.

As an influx of young talent bursts onto the scene, older veterans must prove that they are still effective and worth paying a little extra to have around.

In Chicago it would be Jeffery vs Bennett for the #2 wr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
        True, unless you are talking about the Browns. They are looking to get "older".
        Well, it'll be a good QB battle in Cleveland. The rookie Brandon Weeden is going up against a 3 year veteran in Colt McCoy. Brandon will need help from the older QB's to be successful... Oh wait...

Hope you get the joke
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

For the Bengals, there are several intriguing positions on the roster.

At corner, you've got Leon Hall coming back from an ACL, Nate Clements, Terrence Newman, Dre Kirkpatrick and Adam Jones as the frontrunners to start at CB. Clements and Hall were last year's starters before Hall went down with the injury, where he was spelled by some stopgap type guys after Jones was hurt. I'm thinking it will be Hall and Kirkpatrick (who will oust Clements), with Newman or Jones serving as the nickel. It's an interesting mix of guys, but I think we've got a shot to be good here.

The battle I'm looking forward to watching is at wide receiver. After A.J. Green, you've got a logjam with Brandon Tate as the oldest player in the bunch. We drafted Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones, and we've got Armon Binns, Jordan Shipley, Ryan Whalen and Vidal Hazelton. Tate has spent the offseason working on learning the offense, and could be the No. 2 receiver coming in. But by all reports, Sanu has been impressing the hell out of onlookers in drills at OTAs. He runs with power and does a great job of exploding out of his breaks. He'll catch anything you throw at him. And Binns is a guy you've probably never heard of, but Cincinnati fans know who he is. Binns was UC's best receiver during the Collaros days at QB. He's going to raise some eyebrows. So that's a four-year vet with very little starting experience but a ton of upside against a pretty polished rookie and a one-year guy who has a good grasp of the offense. Should be interesting.
          Last edited by WhoDeyBengals; 06-04-2012, 12:10 AM. Reason: I'm pretty sure Dalton's safe :P
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
            For the Bengals, there are several intriguing positions on the roster.

At corner, you've got Leon Hall coming back from an ACL, Nate Clements, Terrence Newman, Dre Kirkpatrick and Adam Jones as the frontrunners to start at QB. Clements and Hall were last year's starters before Hall went down with the injury, where he was spelled by some stopgap type guys after Jones was hurt. I'm thinking it will be Hall and Kirkpatrick (who will oust Clements), with Newman or Jones serving as the nickel. It's an interesting mix of guys, but I think we've got a shot to be good here.

The battle I'm looking forward to watching is at wide receiver. After A.J. Green, you've got a logjam with Brandon Tate as the oldest player in the bunch. We drafted Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones, and we've got Armon Binns, Jordan Shipley, Ryan Whalen and Vidal Hazelton. Tate has spent the offseason working on learning the offense, and could be the No. 2 receiver coming in. But by all reports, Sanu has been impressing the hell out of onlookers in drills at OTAs. He runs with power and does a great job of exploding out of his breaks. He'll catch anything you throw at him. And Binns is a guy you've probably never heard of, but Cincinnati fans know who he is. Binns was UC's best receiver during the Collaros days at QB. He's going to raise some eyebrows. So that's a four-year vet with very little starting experience but a ton of upside against a pretty polished rookie and a one-year guy who has a good grasp of the offense. Should be interesting.
            Andy Dalton's got some competition this year! Can't believe they gave up on him and brought in those QB's...

Typo
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Yikes! Fixing that.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                Yikes! Fixing that.
                lol.. I read your post.. then read his comment and was confused for a second...

Comment

Working...
                X