NFL reveals it has a ledger of payments from Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL reveals it has a ledger of payments from Saints

They showed a portion from 2009 with $1000 payments for cart offs against the Bills and Giants

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...EgSUflNrY5nYcB

This is going to get uglier as it goes on.

I think Vilma opened a giant can of worms that he will wish he left alone.
    sigpic

Comment

Roger Goodell says check.... you're move

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        This is going to get uglier as it goes on.

I think Vilma opened a giant can of worms that he will wish he left alone.
        My thoughts exactly. Vilma should have just left it alone and been glad that most of the details weren't released to the public.

He is going to come out of this looking really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          My thoughts exactly. Vilma should have just left it alone and been glad that most of the details weren't released to the public.

He is going to come out of this looking really bad.
          Yup, probably with a little encouragement he decided to fight the man and get the investigation revealed by way of this lawsuit. Now he is about to learn he bit off more than he can chew.

Hopefully some of the player hurt sue him in return when/if more infor comes out. That would be justice!!
          sigpic

Comment

Never sue someone like Roger.
            He will have more lawyers and detail than the President. Roger isn't a idiot, he wouldn't make a false claim like bounty gate if he didn't have enough information to take action against the Saints.

Vilma is a idiot for thinking by suing the NFL, I can clear my name. You got the heavy suspension among your teammates for a reason. He has enough information that suggest Vilma played a bigger roll than the rest of the team.

Vilma better pray his career isn't ended because of this. Sometimes it's just better to keep your ego in check and your mouth shut.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Goodell told Vilma, "Come see me, and I'll show you the proof" and Vilma didn't even show up.

You wanted your proof?

Still want it?

Want more?

Didn't think so.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

There was also a notation that after one game an opposing player who had been carted off was placed on injured reserve. The notation of the player on IR included an exclamation mark.

Come on Jon...still want that proof?
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I hope the evidence keeps piling up and Vilma is never allowed to step on a field again.

Comment

First of all I do not condone what Gregg Williams or Vilma did and they should be punished.............

................ but they are getting all this heat and I'm not convinced they are the only team who did this, maybe they were just the only team to get caught ?

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      First of all I do not condone what Gregg Williams or Vilma did and they should be punished.............

................ but they are getting all this heat and I'm not convinced they are the only team who did this, maybe they were just the only team to get caught ?
                      Except that the issue wasn't just that they did it, and got caught. They were caught, and warned I believe twice and told to knock it off... then they continued to do it, despite the warnings... and did it with filmmakers in the room.

They earned it. It's not easy to be that stupid.

Comment

It's stupid tax. We all end up paying it at some point.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          Except that the issue wasn't just that they did it, and got caught. They were caught, and warned I believe twice and told to knock it off... then they continued to do it, despite the warnings... and did it with filmmakers in the room.

They earned it. It's not easy to be that stupid.
                          They lied about it, but other teams would of probably done the same, they knew how serious it was.

Shortly after the Saints' bounty system came to light, four former Redskins players, as well as a coach, told The Washington Post that Williams operated a similar system while he was the Redskins' defensive coordinator from 2004 to 2007. The players said that Williams paid his crew thousands of dollars for aggressive play, with the biggest payouts—as much as $8,000—coming for "kill shots" that knocked opposing players out of games.

Former NFL coach and current NBC Sports NFL analyst Tony Dungy later told Profootballtalk.com he was certain that Williams operated a similar bounty system while he was defensive coordinator of the Oilers/Titans from 1997 to 2000. He also believes that Williams put a bounty on Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning during Super Bowl XLIV, and targeted Manning on several occasions while with the Titans. The revelation of the bounty system also caused renewed speculation about a 2006 game between the Redskins and Colts, in which Manning was knocked down by a high-low hit from the Redskins' Phillip Daniels and Andre Carter and appeared to lose some feeling in his neck. While Dungy didn't speculate at the time about whether the Redskins targeted Manning on that play, he believes that hit ultimately caused the neck problems that sidelined Manning for the entire 2011 season and led to his departure for the Denver Broncos afterward.

Comment

I don't have the article handy, but they talked about it nearly every day here. The Saints were told twice to stop their bounty system.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

" ...this troubling remark from Williams regarding the plan for defending Panthers receiver Steve Smith: “The thing that I think he does is the best is that for a little guy, when the ball goes up in the air, he plays like a 6-10 center; he goes and gets it. What you have to do is to turn his little body over so that when he does get it, he lands on his head and he doesn’t come back in for a while.”
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X