X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns 30th in NFL.COM power ranking

NFL.COM Power Rankings

RANK 30: Cleveland Browns

After Indianapolis and Washington, Cleveland is the next most likely team to start 2012 with a rookie quarterback behind center. The key to Brandon Weeden's success in the passing game is receiver Greg Little, who showed flashes as a rookie last season. Rookie running back Trent Richardson will also make an instant impact on the offense. They have some nice young talent on defense, but Phil Taylor's torn pectoral muscle really hurts.

My response:

No suprise where the Browns are ranked - although I am leaning a little closer to 32 rather than 30. Indianapolis has Reggie Wayne (which the article states) and nobody else at receiver. The Browns have even less at receiver - they have Greg Little who struggled mightily as a rookie.

Also, as a slight joke, tearing any muscle hurts - so it is pretty common knowledge that Phil Taylor is in physical pain. They didn't have to point it out in the article..

FYI: The Broncos are ranked #14
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

A torn pectoral muscle really hurts? I did not know that...

I think Little could improve. But switching starting QB's may hurt in his development. Even if Weeden does well.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Broncos at 14?? Woww

Comment

if Browns end up picking #3 do they take a QB?

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
          if Browns end up picking #3 do they take a QB?
          If you ask me, they won't be picking #3.

They will be picking #1.

The answer, of course, is they MUST.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            If you ask me, they won't be picking #3.

They will be picking #1.

The answer, of course, is they MUST.
            Looks like that'll be another need they pass on...
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I'm not a Browns fan at all, but they NEED a WR BADLY! IMHO they'll be picking #1. They play 3 tough teams, so that's an automatic 6 losses
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

14 seems low considering we got to the Div game with Tebow.

The Browns just need to show improvement and direction. They need 2-3 of the receivers to emerge and TR to run well.

If they can get 6-8 wins then that is something to build on.

If Weeden shows promise then maybe in 2013 after they add a few pieces they can make a run on the division

Comment

I just looked.

Eagles at 3 !

Lions, Falcons, Bears, Bills ahead of us. What a joke

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    I just looked.

Eagles at 3 !

Lions, Falcons, Bears, Bills ahead of us. What a joke
                    To be fair the Lions are an up and coming team, if they can just keep their players out of prison!

Yah they got a good QB though, a great TE, and a heckuva receiver.
                    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      I'm not a Browns fan at all, but they NEED a WR BADLY! IMHO they'll be picking #1. They play 3 tough teams, so that's an automatic 6 losses
                      Yes, they need a WR badly. But, after selecting Brandon WEEDen they most likely will need another quarterback next year.

So, the question is who is better drafting a WR at #1 or drafting THE TOP QB in next year's draft class.

Now, remember that WEEDen is going to play HORRIBLY this year.

Team MUST draft a QB with the first overall pick next year and then in the second round (and possibly through free agency) address the needs at WR.

Comment

I liked Weeden before he was drafted by Cleveland. Now that I see how much you hate him... I like him even more. If he was a few years younger he would have been a top 10 pick.

Cleveland always has the chance to ruin a promising QB (your sig shows they are great at doing just that), but if given the proper development I think Weeden will have a lot of success in the NFL. The only knock on him is his age...physically and mentally he has everything you look for in a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                          I liked Weeden before he was drafted by Cleveland. Now that I see how much you hate him... I like him even more. If he was a few years younger he would have been a top 10 pick.

Cleveland always has the chance to ruin a promising QB (your sig shows they are great at doing just that), but if given the proper development I think Weeden will have a lot of success in the NFL. The only knock on him is his age...physically and mentally he has everything you look for in a franchise QB.
                          i really liked weeden too and would have taken him in the 1st if he was a lot younger. I was actually surprised someone took him in the 1st.

one thing hes going to have to adjust to is not having a guy like Blackmon.

Comment

IMHO no QB will succeed there until they get a WR, just ask McCoy
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

The Bills are ahead of the Broncos!?!??

I mean OK, the Bills are my surprise team this year but they'll still be fighting for wildcard in my opinion. The Broncos will be going after their division! With Peyton Manning!!!!!

And Charlie! It seems obvious that you don't think the Brown will need to, but would you be bothered if they blew the year off in order to get Matt Barkley next year in the draft?...Or wiould you be find trading the farm for that guy?...or is there someone else all together you think the Browns should try to get.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Working...
                              X