Browns 30th in NFL.COM power ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    And Charlie! It seems obvious that you don't think the Brown will need to, but would you be bothered if they blew the year off in order to get Matt Barkley next year in the draft?...
    The Browns do not need to "blow the year off" to get Matt Barkley. Have you seen the schedule? The Browns realistically have TWO winnable games and even they are not guarantees. The team doesn't need to tank the season - they will be tanking the season anyway simply due to their lack of talent.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I don't get all the Bills love just because they signed Williams.

Bad QB play, lots of holes. Just because they have Williams and Darius. 2 good DL players don't win you squat. Just ask the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Bad QB play, lots of holes. Just because they have Williams and Darius. 2 good DL players don't win you squat. Just ask the Vikings.
        I jumping on their bandwagon for a few reasons...The got Darius and Mario along with Mark Anderson who is coming off a 10 sack year. They drafted Stephon Gilmore who I actually believe to be the best corner from the draft and got a much needed lineman in the 2nd round.

Fred Jackson was the leagues leading rusher before going down with an injury and he will be back healthy.

Fitzy is just average sure, but he also was playing the second half of last year with cracked ribs.

Yet besides the new pickups and players returning from injury the biggest reason I think the Bills will Circle the Wagons for a wild-card spot is because their schedule is the easiest freaking thing ever!!! Look at their matchups! They're all winnable! They play jokes in the Fins X2, Jets X2, Pats X2, Browns, Colts, Jags, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, and Cards.

And seeing how in the last decade every single year there are 5 new teams that make the playoffs, I figured hey! Why not them
        sigpic
        Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
          The Bills are ahead of the Broncos!?!??

I mean OK, the Bills are my surprise team this year but they'll still be fighting for wildcard in my opinion. The Broncos will be going after their division! With Peyton Manning!!!!!

And Charlie! It seems obvious that you don't think the Brown will need to, but would you be bothered if they blew the year off in order to get Matt Barkley next year in the draft?...Or wiould you be find trading the farm for that guy?...or is there someone else all together you think the Browns should try to get.
          Yes you guys may be fighting for the division, but with your weak division, that doesnt necessarily mean you are the better team. The Bills have to fight the Patriots for the division, you guys face the Chargers. The talent level of the teams is comparable but the Bills being ranked ahead doesnt take into consideration the fact that the Broncos should win their division simply because the other teams arent very good.
          "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Ah I love these people that dont know about other teams. The Bills dont just have 2 DL players. They have Kyle Williams, a pro bowler who was injured all last year but will be coming back 100%. Marcel Dareus who had an awesome rookie season for a DT who will only get better. Mark Anderson had 10 sacks last season for a terrible Patriots defense, his production should be great next to what could be the best DT tandem in the league. And of course Mario Williams, one of the top DEs in the NFL. We also have a top safety in Byrd and George Wilson had a great year as well. First round pick Gilmore will be a day 1 starter and last years second round pick Aaron Williams showed flashes as well.

With the offense, there are holes. Our offensive line is very good, we allowed the least sacks in the league last year. We have a good #1 WR in Stevie and a top 10 RB in Fred Jackson. When your backup RB is CJ Spiller, I would say your in good shape. We have a question mark at QB and a lack of talent at receivers, but other than that a very solid team. Do I predict playoffs? I dont like to get my hopes up any more but to say the Bills just have 2 good DL is a clear lack of knowledge on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzmagic View Post
              Ah I love these people that dont know about other teams. The Bills dont just have 2 DL players. They have Kyle Williams, a pro bowler who was injured all last year but will be coming back 100%. Marcel Dareus who had an awesome rookie season for a DT who will only get better. Mark Anderson had 10 sacks last season for a terrible Patriots defense, his production should be great next to what could be the best DT tandem in the league. And of course Mario Williams, one of the top DEs in the NFL. We also have a top safety in Byrd and George Wilson had a great year as well. First round pick Gilmore will be a day 1 starter and last years second round pick Aaron Williams showed flashes as well.

With the offense, there are holes. Our offensive line is very good, we allowed the least sacks in the league last year. We have a good #1 WR in Stevie and a top 10 RB in Fred Jackson. When your backup RB is CJ Spiller, I would say your in good shape. We have a question mark at QB and a lack of talent at receivers, but other than that a very solid team. Do I predict playoffs? I dont like to get my hopes up any more but to say the Bills just have 2 good DL is a clear lack of knowledge on the team.
              what a turn around by that organization. If you guys had a better QB you would be going to the playoffs. or at least go to wildcard. Fitz is solid but nothing special. I see you guys finishing 2nd just because the Patriots are there.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                what a turn around by that organization. If you guys had a better QB you would be going to the playoffs. or at least go to wildcard. Fitz is solid but nothing special. I see you guys finishing 2nd just because the Patriots are there.
                We needed a GM like Buddy Nix. He came in with a 3 year plan. Year 1 was see whats on the roster. Year 2 was make some improvements and get a core. Year 3 was sign some big names and make a run. This is year 3 so I hope his plan continues. I think wildcard is possible with our schedule, but I refuse to call that. If Fitz can play like he did the first half of the year, the Bills will be a playoff team but if it wasn't the rib injury that caused the decline and if the ugly INT prone Fitzpatrick is what we see, the Bills drought will continue. I have to say I'm more excited than ever for this year, the Bills are finally giving their fans something to cheer for.

Comment

I'm not knocking the Bills, but the facts are they lost 8 out of the last 9 games.

A good DL is important but games are won by QB's or a very good all round D and good running game.

I feel the Bills and TB are being hyped a little too much. They look like slightly weaker versions of KC. A 'decent' roster but with a huge hole at QB how dangerous can you really be ?

The most compelling argument, and probably big reason they are ranked there, is the schedule. Its very weak and could possibly get them 10 wins, but NE and the Jets are always tough.

Comment

List sucks.
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Working...
                    X