Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Rice - Top 6 receivers under 26

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

I agree Decker is not here, but very surprised DT is not listed.

Most fans will want their player on the list but DT, IMO, is an obvious one. Not sure how Antonio Brown or Julio Jones is ahead of him. Bryant is debatable too.

Can't argue with Cruz, Green and Bryant.

I think Knox could be on this list, although not sure if he can return from his injury properly.

I'm not surprised. DT's quarterback was Tebow last season.

Yeah.

Comment

I know that Tebow didn't help.

I wonder how the board and Manning would feel if we traded DT for Antonio Brown tomorrow !

Comment

Bryant and Jones above DT is laughable.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
          Bryant and Jones above DT is laughable.
          I think Demaryius is slightly ahead of Bryant and Brown, but Jones is just as talented as DT. He played up to his combine numbers last year and showed the explosiveness to become one of the top WRs in the league for years to come. He's a freak just like DT.
          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I think DT is better then all those WRs but I do not think he has shown it on the field yet. His injuries are keeping him off the list.

Also I think Decker is better then Austin but he just has not shown it on the field either.

Part of the problem is the offense and QB these guys have had. PM help Decker and DT show the NFL they are top notch WRs.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
              I think Demaryius is slightly ahead of Bryant and Brown, but Jones is just as talented as DT. He played up to his combine numbers last year and showed the explosiveness to become one of the top WRs in the league for years to come. He's a freak just like DT.
              You're right, I forgot how much Jones contributed. All I could remember was having him on my fantasy team when he was in a cold stretch. My fantasy team didn't do well.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

I agree Decker is not here, but very surprised DT is not listed.

Most fans will want their player on the list but DT, IMO, is an obvious one. Not sure how Antonio Brown or Julio Jones is ahead of him. Bryant is debatable too.

Can't argue with Cruz, Green and Bryant.

I think Knox could be on this list, although not sure if he can return from his injury properly.
                As a die hard fan of the Falcons and a fan of the Broncos, Julio is far and away better than DT as a complete receiver. They're both athletic freaks, but Julio has a better grasp of the game as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sting15 View Post
                  As a die hard fan of the Falcons and a fan of the Broncos, Julio is far and away better than DT as a complete receiver. They're both athletic freaks, but Julio has a better grasp of the game as of now.
                  I agree right now Julio has a better grasp but with Peyton I think DT can learn really quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                    Yeah I agree ...Jones and DT are very similar

And wow the overhyping of Antonio Brown continues...I really like him but it's such a joke that he's on this list especially considering the better Mike Wallace is not...

and Percy Harvin? Lol if he had no migraine issues n it were a bigger list sure, but he's not top 6

Rice is off his rocker and I definitely don't believe he has a good eye for WR talent...at least not a great eye for WR talent

Comment

I agree he's got an edge on DT as of now ...but there's a physicality side to DT that is just insane and I think even Jones can't compare much with that part of his game ...DT is just huge n he can straight bully CB's
                      Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 06-16-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Both are young and talented, but DT has more to offer IMO.

Both are 6-3. Jones is 220. DT is 235 and as strong as an ox.

Whereas Jones struggled in his playoff game, DT blew the Steelers up for over 200 yards and the walkoff TD.

DT's problem is obviously that he had Tebow at QB so we're know more this season.

I know your a Falcons fan so will defend your guy.

I guess they are both similar players. I doubt many on this board would be happy if we traded DT for Jones, but on the Falcons board they would probably want Jones

Comment

Both are young and talented, but DT has more to offer IMO.

Both are 6-3. Jones is 220. DT is 235 and as strong as an ox.

Whereas Jones struggled in his playoff game, DT blew the Steelers up for over 200 yards and the walkoff TD.

DT's problem is obviously that he had Tebow at QB so we're know more this season.

I know your a Falcons fan so will defend your guy.

I guess they are both similar players. I doubt many on this board would be happy if we traded DT for Jones, but on the Falcons board they would probably want Jones
                          Jones didn't struggle in the playoff game, the Falcons threw it to him 8 times and he caught it 7 times. He didn't break anything deep simply because their o-line couldn't hold long enough for him to run a deep route. All the routes were short routes with him and the Giants defense actually did it's job and mitigated his yards after catch unlike the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Jones didn't struggle in the playoff game, the Falcons threw it to him 8 times and he caught it 7 times. He didn't break anything deep simply because their o-line couldn't hold long enough for him to run a deep route. All the routes were short routes with him and the Giants defense actually did it's job and mitigated his yards after catch unlike the Steelers.
                            7 catches - 64 yards - 0 TD's.

This was my point about DT's strength. The Giants tackled jones straight away as he is a tall RZ weapon who leaps well but isn't the strongest.

DT shrugged 2 Steelers off in the first half for a big gain and in OT he broke away from one and stiff armed the other on his way to the EZ.

THATS what DT can do, be impossible to tackle and defend. I think he will blow it up with Manning.

Comment

7 catches - 64 yards - 0 TD's.

This was my point about DT's strength. The Giants tackled jones straight away as he is a tall RZ weapon who leaps well but isn't the strongest.

DT shrugged 2 Steelers off in the first half for a big gain and in OT he broke away from one and stiff armed the other on his way to the EZ.

THATS what DT can do, be impossible to tackle and defend. I think he will blow it up with Manning.
                              Had Ryan got more time from his o-line Jones would have had a much bigger day. Yes, DT is stronger than Jones, but Jones is quicker and faster and he's better at going up and catching the ball. And don't get it confused, Julio Jones is still a load to bring down. The Giants defense was just great at swarming in the playoffs, the Steelers weren't so much simply because of how they chose to defend our offense. Also DT isn't as good at catching the ball in traffic.

I love DT and I'm glad he's on our team, I just don't think that he's better than Julio Jones right now and I don't think he has a higher ceiling than Jones either.

Comment

Working...
                              X