Jerry Rice - Top 6 receivers under 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Did you know that Eric Decker didn't drop one catch throughout his college career? Not one dropped ball.

But now he has a case of the drops? You don't think that Tebow could have contributed to it at all?
    He was also playing amazing football with Kyle Orton as the QB... then suddenly BLAMMO He's really bad.
    All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      U know, I'm growing tired of this easy excuse and slick way to bash Tebow. Not just from us, but the media as well. I know Tebow wasn't Manning-esq last year, but he wasn't totally at fault for Deck and DT not having stellar seasons. As many passes as Tebow overthrew, twice as many hit both of them in the hands and were beyond just "catchable". In that Cheifs game, ED dropped several critical passes that could've iced that game well b4 his final catch. Same with DT. That's the real reason why they're not on that list and it's something everyone seems scared to say. Like its taboo to say 3/4ths of the missed passes were reciever error.
      I'm not a fan of Orton, but Decker was killing it with him, then when Tebow started, he didn't do much at all.

It wasn't all on Tebow, but some of his passes were WAY off target.

I too look for both DT/Deck to have monster years with Peyton.

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
        He wasn't the only reason, but watching Decker go from the breakout receiver of the league while Orton was starting to being a complete non factor during Tebow Time was all the proof I needed that Tebow drags his receivers down.
        Wasn't there another star receiver on Denver's team that Tebow didn't have that kinda helped break Decker out?

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
          Bryant and Jones above DT is laughable.
          Are you serious? DT spends more time injuried then on the playing field... Compare DT's numbers to Bryants and then read your post agian. The guy almost has like double the amount of TD's and Yrds then DT...

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
            Are you serious? DT spends more time injuried then on the playing field... Compare DT's numbers to Bryants and then read your post agian. The guy almost has like double the amount of TD's and Yrds then DT...
            He's also a P.O.S. punk who doesn't have the upside DT has, puts himself before the team, and runs routes he feels like running ...

Amazing ppl still complain about not getting Dez after what DT did when he was healthy

And to be clear about health, he's had some bad injuries to start his career but he NEVER has had a history of being injured soo what can u do about that? ...it can happen to anyone, it's a physically demanding, often body-breaking sport

DT was WITHOUT QUESTION the better pick ESPECIALLY when you consider we just got rid of a WR because he was an idiot me-first player ...drafting Dez would've made us look hella dumb

Plus, Dez wasn't healthy much last year either whether on the field or not

Comment

I'm not going to go so far as to say Jones belongs below DT, but I will say that DT led the league in receiving the last four weeks of the season, which doesn't include his 200 yard 2TD performance against Pit.

However, it's not really fair to say a guy who's been healthy for one half of a season combined out of the last two belongs higher on the list. He's had a total of 5 good games.

Nevertheless, there's really only one or two guys on the list I would even consider having as much upside.....and yes, Jones is one of them.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

We'll see how DT does this year. Right now he's not one of the top receivers, because he has not produced like a top receiver consistently. Being healthy and being the main option, along with a pass heavy attack will likely improve his numbers. Whether they are elite or just average will be one of the better storylines this season I think.
                sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                  "He's been injured his whole career." What? You mean like a year? He played the first half of 2010 and the last half of 2011. So yeah...he's only missed a calendar year. The guy's 24 years old.

The dramatic nature of some people...I don't even...
                  Pot...Kettle...Black...

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  And even at that time he was coming off an injury so he had little time to develop a rapport with Orton, then McDaniels didn't want to play him as much because of that so he didn't get much of an opportunity to show much. Not to mention that Orton often didn't make it past Brandon Lloyd or Jabar Gaffney.
                  Argue with him not me

anyways

Yea DT was hurt allot but he played 21 games so far (out of 34 possible for those counting).

6 games with Orton he had 0-2 catches (out of 9 / 38.3 attempts per game)
                  6 with Tebow 0-2 catches (out of 14 / 24.5 attempts per game)

Except for the one game with Tebow in 2010 DT did get more playing time with Tebow but lets be honest the passing game was at best a major wreck.

TDs with Orton 2
                  TDs with Tebow 5

Yards with Tebow 848
                  Yards with Orton 283

Maybe someone could average it per game it will be more in Ortons favor but i hate Orton and not in the mood.

Besides that was the way in which DT was involved with Tebow from the getgo. I remember the Broncos have to pretty much design plays for Orton to get DT the ball while it seemed like Tebow found him allot of times.

Maybe part of this was DT getting better over a year.

Maybe he was more healthy.

No doubt though DT played better with Tebow then with Orton for whatever reason imo.
                  Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Pot...Kettle...Black...
                    What are you talking about, bro?

You said DT's been "injured his whole career" when 1) that's not true and 2) he's only been in the league for 2 full seasons.

I agree he's been injured. But let's no act like we have some sort of valid sample size for either injury vulnerability or production. You were being dramatic. I'm just observing that and responding appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                      What are you talking about, bro?

You said DT's been "injured his whole career" when 1) that's not true and 2) he's only been in the league for 2 full seasons.

I agree he's been injured. But let's no act like we have some sort of valid sample size for either injury vulnerability or production. You were being dramatic. I'm just observing that and responding appropriately.
                      "He has been coming off an injury his whole career"

First off if you wanna quote me get it right, that is what I said.

You did not even quote me correctly even though my quote was in your post.

Also i said he was injured 5 or 6 times in his two years.

I am at work and not able to check stats but iirc he has missed a possible 13 out of 34 games for 5 or 6 different injuries.

Then after all that you made some comment about being dramatic.

How about...

1. Quoting me correctly so you even know what the difference in opinion is
                      2. Instead using some lame attack about being dramtic when you are too go find some FACTS and NUMBERS to back up your point of view....I know you will not because they do not exist

DT has had ALLOT of injuries in 2 years as a Bronco. It is a FACT. He seems to ALWAYS be coming off an injury.
                      Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                      X