Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else siding with the Saints' players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Time to do our job ... collect bounty$$$."

The end.

Oh, and Fujita is claiming there was no system like that in place even though he told Peter King just last year there was.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The way Brees is handling this whole situation has made me lose a lot of respect for him
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        The way Brees is handling this whole situation has made me lose a lot of respect for him
        At the end of the day it's all about money. Brees just wants some more money.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          At the end of the day it's all about money. Brees just wants some more money.
          Yeah but comparing the bounty scandal to the search for WMDs in Iraq is unnecessary
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
            Yeah but comparing the bounty scandal to the search for WMDs in Iraq is unnecessary
            I'm behind. I didn't know he said that, I thought you was referring to his contract.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Vilma should also have been banned from the NFL. The evidence against him was overwhelming. All of the management was warned repeatedly, and half the D confirmed that they were paid to hurt people.
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Ok, someone fill me in. What's the overwhelming evidence against Vilma? I haven't seen anything other than heresy that he offered money in the championship game.

Just to be clear - I think the punishment against the coaches and team was fair. I just don't see enough there to indicate that these 4 or 5 players should be singled out.

Comment

They have him on videotape, offering either $1000 or $10,000 (I forget which) to anybody who can knock Favre out of the NFC Championship game. There's also a ledger & other Defensive players & coaches acknowledged it
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                    Ok, someone fill me in. What's the overwhelming evidence against Vilma? I haven't seen anything other than heresy that he offered money in the championship game.

Just to be clear - I think the punishment against the coaches and team was fair. I just don't see enough there to indicate that these 4 or 5 players should be singled out.
                    2 witnesses say he offered $10k to knock out Brett Favre. He was also in a leadership position.

Leaders in a lot of jobs are held to a higher standard.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      They have him on videotape, offering either $1000 or $10,000 (I forget which) to anybody who can knock Favre out of the NFC Championship game. There's also a ledger & other Defensive players & coaches acknowledged it
                      No it wasn't on tape. It was reported by PFT that Williams and Orstein told the league about Vilma's $10,000. But, Orstein strongly denies Florio's report. I'm not saying I think it didn't happen, but I doubt there's real proof of it and the witnesses are all in a "he said, she said" type of atmosphere right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        Yes, I'm aware of the ledger. Clearly there was an illegal pay for play scheme going on that shouldn't have been and the coaches were warned to knock it off and they didn't. I agree with the teams' punishment. I just don't know that there's as much evidence that there was an actual "bounty" program in place and that players were targeting players for injury. At least not outside that championship game. Every time they release new evidence, it seems to be additional evidence against Greg Williams (who I don't think should be allowed back in), but relatively vague toward these players.

Considering an NFL player's career is only a few years - 10 if lucky, but a coach can be in the league for 30 years or more, it's more of a punishment on Vilma than Payton, and I'm not sure that is fair.

I realize I'm kind of alone on this. I'm fighting this battle on several different message boards and losing every one

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                          Yes, I'm aware of the ledger. Clearly there was an illegal pay for play scheme going on that shouldn't have been and the coaches were warned to knock it off and they didn't. I agree with the teams' punishment. I just don't know that there's as much evidence that there was an actual "bounty" program in place and that players were targeting players for injury. At least not outside that championship game. Every time they release new evidence, it seems to be additional evidence against Greg Williams (who I don't think should be allowed back in), but relatively vague toward these players.

Considering an NFL player's career is only a few years - 10 if lucky, but a coach can be in the league for 30 years or more, it's more of a punishment on Vilma than Payton, and I'm not sure that is fair.

I realize I'm kind of alone on this. I'm fighting this battle on several different message boards and losing every one
                          That should tell you that you're on the wrong side

Comment

Totally agree with what was done...being a Falcons fan it may seem easy for me to say, but I'd say the same if it was my own team..and maybe find a new team to support. This is the kind of crap we do NOT need to have, especially when Goodell is on this war path trying to make the league almost flag football. People who agree with his agenda want to make fans believe that the game really can not be played as a physical game without putting players in serious jeopardy..and its not true...so don't allow things to happen that could make it true

SCREW THE HELL out of soft punishment on these guys, I'm sick of it..make them think twice before doing this nonsensical crap...make an example out of them like the Romans did out of Christ,lol...stop giving their wrists light slaps...every player who participated in this should be out for a season, maybe even two...make it absolutely screw their careers up, make everybody think twice before doing it

Heck, they deserve it just for being so stupid and getting caught

Comment

Heck, even the NFLPA is trying to distance themselves from Vilma

Comment

Vilma's defense is that the whistleblower was a former disgruntled employee (there's a PFT article on it) so everything the disgruntled assistant said is an alleged lie.

Too bad we have all the Greg Williams audio, and Payton and Loomis admitting to it. Not even mentioning any other witnesses they have.

So he is suing for defamation, and his defense is defamation of another person. Great job Vilma.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X