replied
    Well

We actually traded our top picks down

But I know what you mean

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    You sound so confident. Really. Elway is in a win now state. He just loaded at CB, he loaded at linebacker, he found "his guy" behind Peyton. All we are really looking to address is a few bits and pieces on the O + the inner line and maybe the safety tandem...

Percy is young, and explosive.. With Manning, DT, and Decker, he knows he can score almost any time the ball is snapped. Plus an amazing group to develop his new QB with. I'm sorry but if a first lands this guy and gives us a huge weapon to win now.. I'm sure he's fine with losing a first. Seriously. We traded out of the first this draft.. we're hoping to do even BETTER this year..

I can see us trading that first for Percy in a heart beat.
    Even though we are in "win now", Elway/Fox haven't traded a top pick for anyone.

Bunkley was a 5th or 6th.

They've kept all the top picks.

And Manning cost us no picks.

I like Harvin, but no way i give up a 1st for him.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

The Vikings aren't going to trade him. The Broncos are not going to give the 1st that the Vikings would want for him.

/thread
    Winner..............

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    When Percy refuses to play, and the best option available comes around the corner.. they will trade him. End of story.

As for Denver affording him, I agree. However you and I both know that sacrifices can and will be made to afford a player with such talent as Percy..

Look I'm not a "omg go grab percy" fanboy. I'm just stating that if the opportunity is there, and Elway legitimately has a chance to throw a bid down, he's not going to be conservative. It'd be different if Percy was and older guy.. much different. But the kid is young, he's talented and he makes plays. Dude had a career season last year with... Ponder?!?!?...

Makes you think
    He's only due 915k guaranteed, and I guarantee you its already been paid to him. He's not going anywhere, the Vikings will never trade him.

He's just throwing a fit because Randy Moss said he should.

I'm not denying he's a playmaker, but he's also a future headache (no pun intended) in the making. Plus he seems to have a real attitude towards authority, as shown when his teammates had to pull him off Brad Childress and then he threw a weight at him.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    On top of the fact that the Vikings aren't trading Harvin, you'd HAVE to make sure you had Harvin restructure when the trade went down. What would guarantee Harvin signing a deal? The only way he'd sign it is if it was a fairly exorbitant deal. We already have too many of our own guys going into contract talks. We honestly can't even afford him.
    When Percy refuses to play, and the best option available comes around the corner.. they will trade him. End of story.

As for Denver affording him, I agree. However you and I both know that sacrifices can and will be made to afford a player with such talent as Percy..

Look I'm not a "omg go grab percy" fanboy. I'm just stating that if the opportunity is there, and Elway legitimately has a chance to throw a bid down, he's not going to be conservative. It'd be different if Percy was and older guy.. much different. But the kid is young, he's talented and he makes plays. Dude had a career season last year with... Ponder?!?!?...

Makes you think

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    I have yet to see Elway and Fox make any giant gamble with draft picks. It doesn't seem to be their style, unlike McD who pays a 4th for Laurence Maroney and a future 1st for Alphonso Smith.

Besides Manning, who still didn't cost any draft picks, they seem to be fairly frugal.
    Normally I'd agree. But then again they've probably been frugal because no other talent like PH has been available until now. Im sorry but a few semi decent names are not worth draft picks in their minds. But if a chance to land a huge play maker on not just offense but special teams show up. I can almost guarantee they'd be interested. (not saying they WILL do anything. But you know the temptation is very much there and they are definitely considering)

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    You sound so confident. Really. Elway is in a win now state. He just loaded at CB, he loaded at linebacker, he found "his guy" behind Peyton. All we are really looking to address is a few bits and pieces on the O + the inner line and maybe the safety tandem...

Percy is young, and explosive.. With Manning, DT, and Decker, he knows he can score almost any time the ball is snapped. Plus an amazing group to develop his new QB with. I'm sorry but if a first lands this guy and gives us a huge weapon to win now.. I'm sure he's fine with losing a first. Seriously. We traded out of the first this draft.. we're hoping to do even BETTER this year..

On top of the fact that the Vikings aren't trading Harvin, you'd HAVE to make sure you had Harvin restructure when the trade went down. What would guarantee Harvin signing a deal? The only way he'd sign it is if it was a fairly exorbitant deal. We already have too many of our own guys going into contract talks. We honestly can't even afford him.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied

I have yet to see Elway and Fox make any giant gamble with draft picks. It doesn't seem to be their style, unlike McD who pays a 4th for Laurence Maroney and a future 1st for Alphonso Smith.

Besides Manning, who still didn't cost any draft picks, they seem to be fairly frugal.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied

The Vikings aren't going to trade him. The Broncos are not going to give the 1st that the Vikings would want for him.

/thread

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    2nd rd. pick

DJ Williams

DEAL

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by RazR View Post
    Hey if AP does down, never hurts to have an insurance policy. And Moreno is the type of guy I can see the Broncos selling as a player that's good, just needs a change of scenery.
    They have a insurance policy his name is Toby gerhart

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    The only way you give up a first round pick for him is if there is a contract extension negotiated beforehand...

And still I don't think he's worth that ...

Caldwell and a 2nd

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    haha, good luck with that one..
    They have a player who's unhappy, I wouldn't start negotiations with a 1st round pick! lol Especially a guy with migraine problems in the past... no way anyone ponies up a 1st.

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I don't think Moreno is sweetening the deal at all, plus the Vikings are pretty set at RB.
    Hey if AP does down, never hurts to have an insurance policy. And Moreno is the type of guy I can see the Broncos selling as a player that's good, just needs a change of scenery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X